Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #169
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
I think Dallas/ Ft Worth TX would be a great location. We are centrally located, have a great race track (TMS) as well as drag strip Texas Motorplex, and we have a great street course (Motorsport Ranch). Besides the tracks, who would not want to vist Jerry's World and see why they say "Everything is Bigger in TX". Depending on what time of the year it is, we always have some major league sport going on.
TX is the largest volume Camaro state in the country.
I would love to help out next year any way I can. I missed this years event, because I am anxiously awaiting to place my order on my 'vert this Oct and can't wait to take delivery next spring!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #170
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
We enjoyed the Valdosta community and the SGMP was great it gets my vote for a return trip . I do however like everyone else have a few suggestions, one would be to do a two day event (Friday & Saturday) and the other would be to do away with the road course or make it smaller and expand the Vendor area and have everyone parked on the asphault. IMO there wasn't enough room for the Vendors to really show their stuff and most of the cars had to park out in the grass area.
I'm not trying to single out the road course guys so please do beat me up on it. I'm only saying this because this event will only get bigger and better and we'll need all of the room we can get.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #171
Canadian_Stig

Drives: Highlander Hybrid, Durango, TurboPT
Everyone would love the event to be close to them, I know I would. So Cayuga, Ontario or Shannonville, Ontario would work great for myself and other Ontario residents. However, I do realize that having it anywhere in Canada would be prohibitive to the majority of US residence in the South and West sides, especially for vendors who would spend countless hours at the boarder.

Keeping that in mind, I'd recommend Topeka, Kansas. Yes, from a populace perspective Kansas is definitely not where the majority of Camaro owners are from. However, as a make everyone drive a similar distance, it does fit the bill. Will that mean there won't be people who disagree with the location, certainly not. However, those people in the West that say they have to drive 2000 miles to GA or those people in the east who say they have to drive 2000 miles to NV can complain equally that they have to drive 1000 miles to Kansas. Geesh, it is a car event some driving should be a requirement.

Having an east/west event alternating years just means those that cannot travel to one or the other have to wait two years between events, with a central based event the majority of people have an similar distance to drive.

One big central event per year gives all Vendors and GM reps and equal opportunity to attend without deciding if they will attend the "East" or "West" event. However, do to the distance it should be a multi-day event to make it worth while for the majority to make the drive. Example: Arrival Thursday (Meet and Greet), Friday road course & car show, Saturday drag racing & Awards Banquet, Sunday Good-bye till next year & departure.

Another car forum did Topeka, Kansas as a global event in 2006 and it was quite successful. They had drag racing, Autox, road course (with instruction), car show and banquet. It was probably one of the most successful events and locations they had in the many years they ran a national car forum event.

Just my $.02!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #172
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
I think Dallas/ Ft Worth TX would be a great location. We are centrally located, have a great race track (TMS) as well as drag strip Texas Motorplex, and we have a great street course (Motorsport Ranch). Besides the tracks, who would not want to vist Jerry's World and see why they say "Everything is Bigger in TX". Depending on what time of the year it is, we always have some major league sport going on.
I would love to help out next year any way I can. I missed this years event, because I am anxiously awaiting to place my order on my 'vert this Oct and can't wait to take delivery next spring!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #173
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Jet View Post
Have the wedding at the C5F with over 1,000 guest in attendance.
+1
Old 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #174
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Love this idea, of course, since it's in my backyard, but I also agree with a central location, smack dab in the middle of the USA (ex: Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma). Doubt we'll make another 2500 mile round trip next year for the fest :( But at least I can say I made it to the first one!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #175
FRIDAY1313
I AM JASON #1

Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to FRIDAY1313
Talking

VIVA LAS VEGAS (SIN CITY) GREAT PLACE FOR A CONVENTION!! LOTS OF STUFF TO DO!! SHOWS, BANDS, GAMBLING, BUFFETS, AND GREAT SCENES FOR SOME PICS WITH THE CAMARO!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #176
Xploite

Drives: CGM 2LT
I agree with CajunCamaroChic, Nashville would be a great spot. They have two different race tracks that could be ulitized, plenty of hotels and lots of things to do. Of course I live in the area so I'm a little biased. If you decide to come here let me know I'm good at getting things running on the ground.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #177
Xploite

Drives: CGM 2LT
+ the Opryland Hotel is the 2nd or 3rd largest in the U.S.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #178
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Stig View Post
Everyone would love the event to be close to them, I know I would. So Cayuga, Ontario or Shannonville, Ontario would work great for myself and other Ontario residents. However, I do realize that having it anywhere in Canada would be prohibitive to the majority of US residence in the South and West sides, especially for vendors who would spend countless hours at the boarder.

Keeping that in mind, I'd recommend Topeka, Kansas. Yes, from a populace perspective Kansas is definitely not where the majority of Camaro owners are from. However, as a make everyone drive a similar distance, it does fit the bill. Will that mean there won't be people who disagree with the location, certainly not. However, those people in the West that say they have to drive 2000 miles to GA or those people in the east who say they have to drive 2000 miles to NV can complain equally that they have to drive 1000 miles to Kansas. Geesh, it is a car event some driving should be a requirement.

Having an east/west event alternating years just means those that cannot travel to one or the other have to wait two years between events, with a central based event the majority of people have an similar distance to drive.

One big central event per year gives all Vendors and GM reps and equal opportunity to attend without deciding if they will attend the "East" or "West" event. However, do to the distance it should be a multi-day event to make it worth while for the majority to make the drive. Example: Arrival Thursday (Meet and Greet), Friday road course & car show, Saturday drag racing & Awards Banquet, Sunday Good-bye till next year & departure.

Another car forum did Topeka, Kansas as a global event in 2006 and it was quite successful. They had drag racing, Autox, road course (with instruction), car show and banquet. It was probably one of the most successful events and locations they had in the many years they ran a national car forum event.

Just my $.02!
I'm going to try to make it to the Super Chevy Show there in June and I'll take pictures of the park for everyone.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #179
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Texas trip wouldn't be too bad

Hell I am up for a road trip to the midwest or west

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #180
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
A Texas road trip wouldn't be all that bad for me either as long as the roads are good. You never know about the roads this time of year around here.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #181
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
I Like the Kansas deal that is actually perfect and the logisitics of it just makes perfect sense for everyone. East and West can meet instead of a heavy east or West depending on where its at. Texas is too far, might as well drive to Vegas if you gonna do Texas.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #182
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Well the track would love to have us back in South Georgia the impression I got on Saturday after the car show portion and parade laps is that we will be back again next year.

I am sure the Camaro5 mods are going to look into this hard it is the perfect location after all the Fbody Gathering is entering it's 14th year at the same location and we still pack the cars in every year.

Sean
Perfect location if you live on the East Coast! Colorado would be a perfect location for me!

Closed Thread