Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
musclecargirl

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM w/IO Interior
ATL: Let's get together for Friday Night Drags & Show n Shine

Hi all - let's get together at Atlanta Motor Speedway for their Friday Night Drags and Show-n-Shine.

There are always some nasty Mustangs in the Show and in the drag racing who really need some competition from the 2010 Camaro.

Here's a link if you'd like more info: http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/events/drags/.

Prior to the start of the drag racing, they host a Show-n-Shine contest. There are always some great cars in the show. The Show-n-shine is held in the infield. You pay $20 to enter the infield. If you put your car in the Show-n-Shine, you get to take 3 laps around the track (with a group;no racing) prior to the start of the drag racing.

If you're interested, reply to this thread and include the date(s) you can make it. I will pm everyone who replies to confirm the date/time.

Hope to see alot of you there! I"m usually there every Friday night.

07/30/10 Show-N-Shine Special Class: Chevy Car Owners Rally.

08/06/10 Show-N-Shine Special Class: Trucks.

08/13/10 Fast Life Friday Celebrity Races and VW Wars.

08/20/10 Ride Along Night for lower divisions, $20 per rider.
Show-N-Shine Special Class: Paint Lover's Paradise

08/27/10 Picnic in the Pits: Grill out and Tailgate in the pit area!
Show-N-Shine Special Class: Classic Cars.

09/10/10 Championship Night
musclecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Hey musclecargirl,
This has been on my radar for some time, but I haven't been yet. What exactly are the different "owners rallys"? Do they just try to gain more interest with groups?
Seems to make sense to try to do the Chevy Car Owners Rally though, 07.30.10. As things stand, I would like to make it that night. I may try earlier too though. Do you have any insider info, or tips since you seem to go to this event a lot?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
musclecargirl

Wow - you're the first one to reply.

Let me see if I can give you some additional info:
- I think the rallys are really intended to generate more interest. Seems to work most of the time.
- I can make it to the 7/30 event. Hopefully, more folks will see the post and be interested.
- Bring some ear plugs. Sometimes there's a ricer or two and they can be horribly loud.
- You can also bring a small cooler with refreshments.

I was really hoping to see a number of camaros lined up at the show-n-shine and see at least one or two do some racing.

Do you have any suggestion as to what I could do on the site to bring this to more folks attention?

Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Thanks musclecargirl. Ear plugs and cooler - check. I sure wouldn't have thought of ear plugs. My ears ring enough as it is.

I don't know about how to get other peoples interest. I posted the schedule for this a while back and noticed people didn't want to deal with Friday evening traffic. I'll plan on working a 1/2 day so I don't feel pressured about getting there. I'll have to drive through the city to get there, like I do every day. So, I understand peoples concerns if that's what they have to do. Hopefully others will join us for the July 30th show, though.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
so long as weather or work don't interfere I'll plan on being there on the 30th. might try an earlier night too
Old 07-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Musclegirl
Can you update the title to mention Atlanta? Maybe people aren't aware where this is and are ignoring it
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Hi dirishboy.

I've been cleared for a half day of work on the 30th. So, I'm good to go then. I don't think I'll be going on an earlier date though.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the 30th then.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
ZAPSSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hey everyone. I been there a few times already this year since I live 10 minutes away. It's a lot of fun to drive the car around the track.
One of the times I really got to open it up - the other there was just too many cars. Bring chairs and a cooler if you want to sit by the car for the show.
Count me in for meeting you there.

FYI - try and be there by 6 if you want to park in the garage for the show, otherwise you end up in the parking lot.

I can help organize a pre-meet or help inform the best way to get in the correct entrance and all if interested.
Kooks LT 1 7/8 Catted Headers / Kooks Full Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI / Radiator Cover / Engine Covers, Billet Engine Bay Accesories, Hurst Shifter, Heritage Grill, Vengeance Stage II Cam / Tune, Eibach Coils, G2 Painted Calipers, Tinted Windows
ZAPSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
musclecargirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post
Musclegirl
Can you update the title to mention Atlanta? Maybe people aren't aware where this is and are ignoring it
Excellent idea but I can't figure out how to edit the title of the thread. Can someone tell me how?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Hey guys,

I just posted this thread in the Southeast's, "Welcome to ATL" thread. Maybe we can find a few more people there that would like to go.

ZAPSSRS,

Thanks for the tips. I should have time to pre-meet if you know where and when you would like to do that. It may be helpful and encouraging to others if you can take a second to inform us the best gate to enter and all. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #11
ZAPSSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Atl Motor Speedway Meet Tips

The gates open right at 6. The first ones in get the best spots - especially if you want to park in the garage. Which I would recommend and it would be really cool to have the 5th Gens together in the garage.
I have gotten there at 5:45 and there is already a line forming. So the sooner the better. I know this will be hard for the folks that are commuting or having to work late on Friday. I would suggest that we meet at 5:30 and get in line.

The entrance is in the rear of the track which is the tunnel to get inside the track. The very first road just north of the Main Entrance on 19/41 is where we should come in from (I will look this road name up and post it). I would suggest we come in from that side to form the line. They allow 2 lines to form from both directions, however if we come in from one line we should be able to all park together.

I will provide more updates as we get closer. There is a possibility that we can save a couple spots if we know for sure who is coming and what time they plan to get there. So if you could post that info that may help.
Kooks LT 1 7/8 Catted Headers / Kooks Full Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI / Radiator Cover / Engine Covers, Billet Engine Bay Accesories, Hurst Shifter, Heritage Grill, Vengeance Stage II Cam / Tune, Eibach Coils, G2 Painted Calipers, Tinted Windows

Last edited by ZAPSSRS; 07-19-2010 at 11:56 AM.
ZAPSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
musclecargirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAPSSRS View Post
Hey everyone. I been there a few times already this year since I live 10 minutes away. It's a lot of fun to drive the car around the track.
One of the times I really got to open it up - the other there was just too many cars. Bring chairs and a cooler if you want to sit by the car for the show.
Count me in for meeting you there.

FYI - try and be there by 6 if you want to park in the garage for the show, otherwise you end up in the parking lot.

I can help organize a pre-meet or help inform the best way to get in the correct entrance and all if interested.
ZAPSSRS - I can be there around 5:30.

I think it would be great if all the 2010s grouped together in the infield and then we can get in the same group to go around the track together.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Nice. So ZAPSSRS, musclecargirl and myself can meet at 5:30pm, in time to get in line no later than 6:00pm.

dirishboy,
Let us know, when you can, if this may work for you. If you can't be there that early, we'll see what we can do to hold a spot for you or get you info on where to meet up with us.

ZAPSSRS,
Do you have a place in mind where we should meet by 5:30?

The more info you guys provide, the more fun this event sounds. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
post some pics or videos.

Tags
atl, drag, meet, race, show