Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Question about XM

I'm sure this is in the wrong section and probably asked already, so i apologize for that.

Anyway, you are supposed to get 3 months free xm radio, right? After that, do they normally turn off your free prescription, or do they continue it and just charge you unless you call and cancel? I don't recall ever giving them my credit card info...
Old 08-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
To be safe I would call and make sure they know to cancel (even if they don't have your cc info). I have had XM for years and since their merger with SIRIUS their practices have become very shady. It took me 5 phone calls and 6 months to get a car i traded in taken off my account (I called the day I traded it in with the new car's info), so even if you get charges taken off, etc. it is very frustrating....Save yourself some frustration!
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
It will just turn off on it's own and you will get the annoying computer 877 calls. There is a $77 per year option you can choose if you want to keep it.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
It will just turn off on it's own and you will get the annoying computer 877 calls. There is a $77 per year option you can choose if you want to keep it.
hmmmm...interesting, because I bought my car and had xm since day one and that was on April 24th...

I'm contemplating calling them and making sure i'm not getting charged, but I don't want to because it's free right now as far as i know. Even though I know it's the right thing to do to call.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
I just renewed yesterday. The do not have my credit card info or my phone number (they called the car's verizon phone number). They mentioned that my subscript was about to expire in a week (three month trial) and without haggling, they offered me $30 for six months. I agreed, but asked them to invoice me. I will not give those people my credit card number. They said sure but it will cost $2.00 invoicing fee. Sounded good to me.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
RedDawn

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Cyber Gray
They just turned it off and then I got a free trial a couple of months later.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
I just renewed yesterday. The do not have my credit card info or my phone number (they called the car's verizon phone number). They mentioned that my subscript was about to expire in a week (three month trial) and without haggling, they offered me $30 for six months. I agreed, but asked them to invoice me. I will not give those people my credit card number. They said sure but it will cost $2.00 invoicing fee. Sounded good to me.
I haven't even gotten a call.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
hmmmm...interesting, because I bought my car and had xm since day one and that was on April 24th...

I'm contemplating calling them and making sure i'm not getting charged, but I don't want to because it's free right now as far as i know. Even though I know it's the right thing to do to call.
I actually bought 2 GM vehicles a month apart this year. One just got cut off and the other is about 5 days overdue. I know it will be cut off soon and it's up to them to do it. Just enjoy it while you can.

On the Tahoe that was cut off I got the $77 offer in the mail. This can also be requested over the phone.

It will get cut off... just might not be in a timely manner and you won't get charged.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Awesome, thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
My XM turned off last week. I called from the car asking them WTF and they wanted to charge me $160...lol. Needless to say, I told the lady that price was higher than the balls on a giraffe. So now I wait for a better deal, or purchase a ipod.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Myles View Post
My XM turned off last week. I called from the car asking them WTF and they wanted to charge me $160...lol. Needless to say, I told the lady that price was higher than the balls on a giraffe. So now I wait for a better deal, or purchase a ipod.

M
Others on here have stated all you have to do is ask them for the $77 deal and they will give it to you. I'd do a lifetime before I did $160
Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #12
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Others on here have stated all you have to do is ask them for the $77 deal and they will give it to you. I'd do a lifetime before I did $160
LOL....I tried, but she wouldn't go down on price. I asked her 3 different times if that was the best they could do, also mentioned I have it in my suburban for less.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Usually they will start calling you to see if you will renew your subscription, if you don't then they cancel it on you.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
as Long as we are on it I can't get 100 STERN or any of the good Serius stations even though I paid for em
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote