Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Clips.

Anyone know where I can get these clips from that go to my zl1 front bumper? Had a few good bad and want to replace them but can’t find them on shelves of part stores. A part number or link to the clips would be awesome. I not even sure what to call them to start looking.
Attached Images

2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Anyone know where I can get these clips from that go to my zl1 front bumper? Had a few good bad and want to replace them but can’t find them on shelves of part stores. A part number or link to the clips would be awesome. I not even sure what to call them to start looking.
Are they Metal or plastic?
Old 02-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post
Are they Metal or plastic?
Metal
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #4
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
www.auveco.com

They make just about every automotive fastener there is. Their web site sucks but they have very good customer service if you call the.

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #5
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
www.auveco.com

They make just about every automotive fastener there is. Their web site sucks but they have very good customer service if you call the.
Awesome website found these on there. Not 100% it’s the correct screw size but I’m willing to give them a try. Found a set of 10 on eBay for $20 Kinda pricey but if they work it’s worth it.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2021, 07:33 PM   #6
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Didn't see this thread until now, but I ordered these off Amazon a couple of years back. Part number 11570215. Screw/thread size is M6x1.0. I added the ZL1 belly pan and these fit right into the square holes in the frame. Looks like you got what you need.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #7
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Didn't see this thread until now, but I ordered these off Amazon a couple of years back. Part number 11570215. Screw/thread size is M6x1.0. I added the ZL1 belly pan and these fit right into the square holes in the frame. Looks like you got what you need.
Awesome. I wasn’t 100% on the thread size of the screws but you are correct on what I wanted them for. I am putting a splitter on my bumper and three of the screws broke instead of coming loose. So I want to replace them all and nip it in the butt while I got it apart so I got 20 of them on the way.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:50 AM   #8
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
In a pinch, you can use the clip that hold your license plate to the bumper. I keep a bunch in my tool box. Got them free from the "Make ready" department at the dealership.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:01 PM   #9
Scooter18155

Those ended up being the wrong clips a lot bigger then what I needed. Looks like it takes same size screws but the clips I bought just simply has a bigger body to it won’t fit in the hole go figure lol. I’ll have to try finding the clips killboy mentioned.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #10
Scooter18155

The new clips killboy mentioned came in today these look like the correct ones ty killboy. They are not exact match. They take a bigger dia bolt which I don’t think will be a big deal. However they do fit inside the square holes. I am going to attempt to use these and if they won’t work I’ll figure something else out but my initial thoughts are these are going to work.
Attached Images

Last edited by Scooter18155; 02-26-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #11
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Not sure what the factory bolt/thread size is but if it is different than these (M6x1.0) it wouldn't make a difference - worst case you'll have to buy new bolts, but a set of ~15 (11 required) stainless bolts can be had for ~$10 or so from Amazon or a local hardware store. I used Allen-type bolts, 1" long because they're easier to work with than others (won't fall out of the drill/driver as easy), and scraping the dirt outta the hole is easy.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #12
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Not sure what the factory bolt/thread size is but if it is different than these (M6x1.0) it wouldn't make a difference - worst case you'll have to buy new bolts, but a set of ~15 (11 required) stainless bolts can be had for ~$10 or so from Amazon or a local hardware store. I used Allen-type bolts, 1" long because they're easier to work with than others (won't fall out of the drill/driver as easy), and scraping the dirt outta the hole is easy.
Yeah I think they will work out well the m6 should be a better stronger setup then the drywall type screws (not sure what else to call them) that was in there before. With the splitter protectors I think they will help strengthen the splitter to bumper connection. I may have to enlarge the holes in the splitter for the bigger bolts maybe. I haven’t looked into that yet. I am confident I can make these work I just wanted to be informative for others who may look for these and see this post that what these are are not exact replacements. Worst case scenario I can get a replacement panel from rock auto for $75 I was hoping to save a few $
Attached Images