Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
Hooks112

Drives: '15 Z/28 #698(A/C,AW) & other stuff
Another track day video

Since it's now snowing outside, I guess I shouldn't be driving the Z/28. Perhaps it's snowing where you are as well, so here's a video from last weekend when it wasn't snowing to keep you entertained for 2 minutes.

Running at High Plains Raceway in Byers CO. Track is almost 2.5 miles long.

MP4S tires (300 treadwear), stock Z/28 (fuse mod only, plus an OEM Gurney flap), stock alignment, recommended 15w50 oil. Drip tray removed from hood. Saw oil temps as high as 262 on the last session (30 minutes), weather was mid 70's.

Had so much fun, I darned near ran out of fuel at the end of the day. The car runs/handles amazing, sounds great, eats up the pavement. I love it. Those of you who claim to never want to track your car, but otherwise enjoy spirited drives thru the countryside are missing out. The main differences are 2 fold: No oncoming traffic, no cops around.

https://youtu.be/_fYKi1XkUaQ
Hooks112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Cool video, thanks for sharing!!
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Wow! Lot's of open track to really work on your driving. Love when that happens... get in a groove and just focus on nothing but driving.

Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
P.S. Sorry it's snowing, man. Comes on early out there... dang.
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks112 View Post
Since it's now snowing outside, I guess I shouldn't be driving the Z/28. Perhaps it's snowing where you are as well, so here's a video from last weekend when it wasn't snowing to keep you entertained for 2 minutes.

MP4S tires (300 treadwear), stock Z/28 (fuse mod only, plus an OEM Gurney flap), stock alignment, recommended 15w50 oil. Drip tray removed from hood. Saw oil temps as high as 262 on the last session (30 minutes), weather was mid 70's.

Had so much fun, I darned near ran out of fuel at the end of the day. The car runs/handles amazing, sounds great, eats up the pavement. I love it. Those of you who claim to never want to track your car, but otherwise enjoy spirited drives thru the countryside are missing out. The main differences are 2 fold: No oncoming traffic, no cops around.

Looks like a great track...Thanks for sharing
and you are correct on everything you said about spirited street driving vs track, no comparison whatsoever, a much better and way safer controlled environment that just happens to be much much more fun then trying to do anything close on the street...not even possible..
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #6
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks112 View Post

Man, I could watch that on a loop all day! That looks like a brilliant track, has a beautiful flow to it. Kinda reminds me of a grassy version of Willow Springs.

Absolutely echo your comments, can't wait for the next 5 months to go by so I can get back out on track!!
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #7
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
I love it! 0.04 when you pass up a Porsche. That's all I needed to see. Thanks for sharing.
pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:04 AM   #8
Hooks112

Drives: '15 Z/28 #698(A/C,AW) & other stuff
Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed.

Here's most of session 3, with some traffic thrown in. About 20 mins worth, after which you will have spent 20 minutes of your life watching me drive. That's ok, I do it too.

https://youtu.be/mK058ibtDK4
Hooks112 is offline   Reply With Quote