Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-24-2020, 09:45 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
LSA Supercharger clearance issue on 2014 LS3

I saw a thread from four years ago on this issue and it kinda fell off without a clear solution. Did the ASC TLE insert solve the problem. Must the engine be dropped?

I trimmed my stick insert’s rain tray and it still is putting pressure on the coolant hose on the lid. Plus, there is like zero space between the lid and the hood liner, air flow issues. My mod of the stock is ugly and rough looking. If someone did it well a pic would be great.

I just finished the LSA conversion and the last thing I want to do right now is get motor mounts to lower the engine. I am willing to buy an aftermarket insert if I knew that they worked. Anyone find one that works?

I would prefer not to have to cut the hood, mostly because I lack any of the required tools. This is a DD so not driving in the rain is not an option.

Looking for the answer that has worked.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
MrEous

Drives: 2012 SC'd SS
I have the TLE insert (lsa'd SS) and there are no issues at all...no cutting needed
MrEous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #3
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEous View Post
I have the TLE insert (lsa'd SS) and there are no issues at all...no cutting needed
Awesome, thanks. Ordering one today.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #4
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEous View Post
Will a beauty cover also fit? I customized, sanded, primed, painted and clear coated. It is either going on the engine or an expensive wall or ornament.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:03 AM   #5
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
I saw a thread from four years ago on this issue and it kinda fell off without a clear solution. Did the ASC TLE insert solve the problem. Must the engine be dropped?

I trimmed my stick insert’s rain tray and it still is putting pressure on the coolant hose on the lid. Plus, there is like zero space between the lid and the hood liner, air flow issues. My mod of the stock is ugly and rough looking. If someone did it well a pic would be great.

I just finished the LSA conversion and the last thing I want to do right now is get motor mounts to lower the engine. I am willing to buy an aftermarket insert if I knew that they worked. Anyone find one that works?

I would prefer not to have to cut the hood, mostly because I lack any of the required tools. This is a DD so not driving in the rain is not an option.

Looking for the answer that has worked.
I have the BMR motor mounts but was still getting a little sub on the hood vent with the water tray removed. I ended up getting the SLP hood vent as it looks factory.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...SABEgLkbfD_BwE

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #6
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

I got the ASC TLE, quick easy plenty of clearance. Drip pan bolts aren’t long enough I had to get some T nuts to tighten it on.
Attached Images