Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Dog Lovers...

Some here know I am an animal lover. At one point we had 7 dogs and 6 cats. Still have 6 cats but down to 2 dogs and no big ones anymore...just a mini pug and chihuahua.

So I came across this orginaztion (www.nowzad.org) after watching a tv show called Battle Dogs and started reading "their story". A really incredible organization....read about them if you have time.

I inquired about adopting a dog from them. I miss having a larger dog but mostly I just want to make a difference for a dog that most likely wouldn't get adopted. I checked out ok lol and I asked them to pick me a dog (I just can't make that decision). My requirements were male, and a dog that had been at the shelter his entire life and has little chance of being adopted. So they sent me pics of Butch. Came to the shelter as a pup with his brothers and sisters after mom was poisoned. Been there for 7 years....and the rest of the litter has already found homes.

I said great I'll take him!!!!

It costs $5000 to get him here from Afghanistan and they don't ask you for any money (although obviously I will be contributing). They take care of raising it but ask if you can also raise to help it would be appreciated.

Never made one of these posts before but....could use some help. I know times are tight. Anything you could do financially is greatly appreciated. Ever more so if you could share it with friends, family, and colleagues especially on social media (since I'm not on any social media avenues) that would be awesome.

https://fundrazr.com/nowzad-butch?re...kj36RQiUkQIkj3

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

I checked with Nowzad to make sure.....Even though your donation is "ear marked" for Butch it is still a tax deductible donation.

If you are reading this and can't contribute financially please share the page on social media for me and Butch.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 06-11-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Don't get me wrong, I love dogs more than most. But there are a lot of dogs in the US that need saving just as bad. It's a lot better than few years ago, but still many dogs are put down every year in Tennessee. $5000 would help save a lot of animals in the US.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love dogs more than most. But there are a lot of dogs in the US that need saving just as bad. It's a lot better than few years ago, but still many dogs are put down every year in Tennessee. $5000 would help save a lot of animals in the US.
Oh no doubt. I tried adopting one from Villalobos but they weren't interested coming to TN for a home inspection

If you are a dog lover check out Battle Dogs (available OnDemand on Discovery network) and in particular the episode entitled Handstand. It's what turned me onto Nowzad.

I'm at a point where I just can't handle going to a shelter and "deciding" which is why I told them to pick one for me.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 06-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Go to adopt-a-pet and put in what you are looking for and a distance. If you want a simple process look for the county run shelters. Or contact you closest county shelter and tell them what you are looking for. If you are looking for a pit mix, which it looks like Villalobos is, you will have 100's of dogs to choose from in a fairly short distance. Stay away from breed rescues, most will jerk you around and act like they really don't want to let you adopt a dog. Where in TN are you?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote