Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #29
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
they disconnected 1 side so the brace was still half attached. most people including myself that have gotten one can feel a difference in the way the car handles. i had one on my 4th gen trans am also and it made a big difference.
I get that part, just seems to me that wouldn't 100% mean flex, since you could attach anything on one side and have one side unsecured and that said side would move regardless. Maybe I'm thinking to much into it lol

But yes strut braces do look pretty good, just don't have one on mine since I don't like drilling holes lol
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #30
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
if you watch again you will see that when they go strait the brace mount comes back to center, if it was just moving around it would not do that. it is known that the towers move on all cars but its even worse in verts since they have no roof to stop the chassis from flexing which is why they come from factory with one. you would have to buy one and see for yourself, there is quite a difference in how the car feels in turns.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #31
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
if you watch again you will see that when they go strait the brace mount comes back to center, if it was just moving around it would not do that. it is known that the towers move on all cars but its even worse in verts since they have no roof to stop the chassis from flexing which is why they come from factory with one. you would have to buy one and see for yourself, there is quite a difference in how the car feels in turns.
Yeah I might pick one up since it does look nice when you pop the hood, not sure if it'll fit over my big idea though but it's not to expensives
Old 01-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #32
mrlarrys

Drives: 2013 ruby red tincoat HURST 1LT
when I put the strut brace on - the handling went from soft cushy ride to a go cart feel. It does look cool but be prepared for a harder ride and ridged feel when cornering. I think it was under $200.00 inc shipping and I feel it was a bang for the buck mod. Some stock strut bars come without bolts so be careful. Besides it was only a 6 bolt mod and on my 2013 the holes were already there !
mrlarrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #33
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
I am happy with my strut tower brace. It looks good, although I would like to polish it up and make it look even better. I like the handling difference it provides.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #34
Cruz'n 45th

Drives: 2020 Convertible 2SS Red Hot
Here's mine with paint and lettering by River City

Had my strut brace and engine cover painted by River City Creations & Lighting.
Attached Images

Cruz'n 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #35
Oby1
The Force

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
I got my BMR from JDP. Great price and looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #36
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
They even look great clean.

BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #37
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I love mine, even if it may or may not increase the torsional rigidity, I feel like I can take corners a lot more steadily when I drive my car as opposed to my friends non equipped brace.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #38
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
GM, BMR, Hotchkis, PFADT, etc have strut tower braces that can fit both v6 and v8 camaros...2012 and up have pre drilled holes already...I don't know about 2011 and below. I know some guys have problems with their earlier model camaros. Any "suspension gurus" will tell you that if you're keen on making your turns smooth then get a strut tower brace as this will stabilize your front end suspension. As far as performance, this will help the body from flexing thus helping you with your track times... if you're not going to race, you will still feel a slight difference. Bottomline, it will still help you either way. If you're into racing, I would suggest getting a chassis max brace for more stabilization...among other things.
so this pretty much has the same effect as getting your car suspension dropped like an inch which is also for looks and does a hell of lot for your performance turn wise would you recommend both orrrrrrr ??????
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #39
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
so this pretty much has the same effect as getting your car suspension dropped like an inch which is also for looks and does a hell of lot for your performance turn wise would you recommend both orrrrrrr ??????
Bee, what are you even trying to ask... lol
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #40
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Bee, what are you even trying to ask... lol

strut tower brace stiffens the front end, you notice it most when cornering. has nothing to do with springs nor does it do the same thing as them.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #41
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, the strut brace is designed to keep the strut towers aligned permanently. It lessens the body roll and gives a more solid feeling when cornering. It is a good compliment to other suspension mods.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #42
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
They even look great clean.

could it be a placebo effect ?
I have seen dozen of conflicting articles and posts that it is kinda cosmetic or it works on your handling and cornering. But it does look amazing once you pop open that hood.
Cosmetic wise I can just save up for it. Where was this bought from.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote