Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #29
RAYSRT8

Drives: 2011 Challenger SRT8 6.4L 392 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication View Post
BMR offers a 2-year warranty on all products (lifetime warranty on springs). If the new end links make noise, we will refund you the full purchase price.

The new end links do not make any noise on the BMR mule car. I guarantee that you do not push your car as hard as we push the BMR car.

The new design uses the exact same rod ends as Spohn. Why did you think that the new design was going to be noisy?

There is a memebr in this post that has the new design and they are having nosie issues with them. That's all I want is for them not to make noise. Hopefully my new ones will get here today or tomorrow so I can install them. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Ray

Camaro parts for sale: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152474
RAYSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #30
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Well after further review they still rattle rattle thunder claddle boom boom boom. I tried rubber grommets, rubber bushings to try and stop the head from so much movement. I even tried the german torque wrench. Nothing worked

I put the stockers on and not a sound.

I have a daily driver and would not be able to take that sound everyday.

Saturday i am rigging the web cam to the undercar and the laptop with a long cable. I want to see how much travel the endlinks are doing under this load.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #31
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
Well after further review they still rattle rattle thunder claddle boom boom boom. I tried rubber grommets, rubber bushings to try and stop the head from so much movement. I even tried the german torque wrench. Nothing worked

I put the stockers on and not a sound.

I have a daily driver and would not be able to take that sound everyday.

Saturday i am rigging the web cam to the undercar and the laptop with a long cable. I want to see how much travel the endlinks are doing under this load.
BMR stated they will give a full refund within 2 years on the endlinks. It's in this post from BMR Fabrication. I called them last Friday and I was told mine were being mailed out Monday but no notification and no replacement parts yet.

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication
BMR offers a 2-year warranty on all products (lifetime warranty on springs). If the new end links make noise, we will refund you the full purchase price.

The new end links do not make any noise on the BMR mule car. I guarantee that you do not push your car as hard as we push the BMR car.

The new design uses the exact same rod ends as Spohn. Why did you think that the new design was going to be noisy?

Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
robsls3
Account Suspended

I bought mine as part of the stage 3 kit. So no clue if they will refund me. I will contact them tomarrow.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #33
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
I bought mine as part of the stage 3 kit. So no clue if they will refund me. I will contact them tomarrow.

They should refund you whatever amount they allowed for them in the kit price. I know you did not see that smount, but they have it factored in somewhere in the price. I am calling on mine tomorrow and if they have not shipped them then I am asking for a refund and going another route. It should not take this long to get the replacement parts because BMR is located in FL and that normally only takes 2 days to get to TN and I called them last Friday.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
robsls3
Account Suspended

Called a buddy who works at grainger and he told me to shoot on by that he might have an idea.

Thanks god these things are not that much of a pain to put on and off in the rear.

Ok since we have a alot of spherical joint guru's here what is causing the noise? Is it the head of the joint flopping around or it is the center blot that causes the noise?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #35
RAYSRT8

Mods - Who deleted some of the posts in my thread? Everyone was giving good info and no one was out of line so please explain.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #36
robsls3
Account Suspended

WOW
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #37
RAYSRT8

I called BMR back today and someone forgot to send out my replacement links. I was told today that I should have them by Tuesday.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #38
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
I just want to inform those reading this that may be hesitant about using this product. We use heavy duty 1/2" XM series chrome moly rod ends that are load rated well beyond their intended use for this application. This is the same quality rod end or better as what is used by every other end link manufacturer on this site, excluding tie rod style end links). We have had them on our test car for multiple track sessions and tons of street miles without issues. The only documented issues to date have been from customers that have indexed the front rod ends incorrectly. These are installation related problems, not quality issues.

For the rod ends to articulate properly without bind (and this goes for any brand) the rod ends need to be installed perpendicular (90 degrees offset) to each other as the OE link is designed. This will allow unrestricted articulation of the joints. If this is not done and the car is driven, the rod end will bind and make noise. Every end link regardless of the manufacturer will have the same issue if this procedure is not followed during the installation. In fact any ball joint, tie rod, rod end, or spherical bearing pushed beyond its maximum angularity range will fail. Once this happens, the joint itself becomes loose so that any movement from that time forward produces noise. We know absolutely that when installed correctly the suspension can go from full compression to full extension with the end links remaining in the articulation range of the rod ends.

As was already mentioned, BMR warranties every product for 2 years, including our end links. We have not been able to wear our own end links out pushing our mule car hard at the track with Toyo R888 tires and street driving for months. This doesn't mean it's not possible. Every joint eventually wears out and if this happens during the warranty period we will warranty the part. It's easy to tell if a joint has simply worn out vs. one that has been over-extended...

Last edited by BMR guy; 03-18-2011 at 10:46 AM.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #39
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
I just want to inform those reading this that may be hesitant about using this product. We use heavy duty 1/2" XM series chrome moly rod ends that are load rated well beyond their intended use for this application. This is the same quality rod end or better as what is used by every other end link manufacturer on this site, excluding tie rod style end links). We have had them on our test car for multiple track sessions and tons of street miles without issues. The only documented issues to date have been from customers that have indexed the front rod ends incorrectly. These are installation related problems, not quality issues.

For the rod ends to articulate properly without bind (and this goes for any brand) the rod ends need to be installed perpendicular (90 degrees offset) to each other as the OE link is designed. This will allow unrestricted articulation of the joints. If this is not done and the car is driven, the rod end will bind and make noise. Every end link regardless of the manufacturer will have the same issue if this procedure is not followed during the installation. In fact any ball joint, tie rod, rod end, or spherical bearing pushed beyond its maximum angularity range will fail. Once this happens, the joint itself becomes loose so that any movement from that time forward produces noise. We know absolutely that when installed correctly the suspension can go from full compression to full extension with the end links remaining in the articulation range of the rod ends.

As was already mentioned, BMR warranties every product for 2 years, including our end links. We have not been able to wear our own end links out pushing our mule car hard at the track with Toyo R888 tires and street driving for months. This doesn't mean it's not possible. Every joint eventually wears out and if this happens we will warranty the part. It's easy to tell if a joint has simply worn out vs. one that has been over-extended...
I have all BMR suspension on my vehicle and overall I think the products are very well made. I just wan't to get the noise from the endlinks. I did installed them at a 90 deg. offset and they still make noise so that is why they are sending me more... I will have to say the tech support guys are very courteous and helpful, but someone just forgot to mail my replacements out after speaking with them last Friday.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #40
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2SS View Post
I have all BMR suspension on my vehicle and overall I think the products are very well made. I just wan't to get the noise from the endlinks. I did installed them at a 90 deg. offset and they still make noise so that is why they are sending me more... I will have to say the tech support guys are very courteous and helpful, but someone just forgot to mail my replacements out after speaking with them last Friday.
We appreciate your business and I can understand your concern. Nobody wants a brand new car making noise. I am glad to hear they took care of you properly on the phone
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #41
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
We appreciate your business and I can understand your concern. Nobody wants a brand new car making noise. I am glad to hear they took care of you properly on the phone

You're Welcome and Correct.. That was the intent of the post to notify folks that they may have the old links and if they have noise with them the new end design may cure it.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #42
robsls3
Account Suspended

That is for the front what about the rears? Since I was missing a kit that i just got it and no time to install the front my issue has been with the rears. I know I had mine nice and straight and same length as my OEM. I even made the bolt and head at 90 degrees so none of the bolts looked crooked n such.

I am not giving up on getting these to work. Be it angles, bushings or what ever. I will stand by the product till it works if I have to. Tomarrow is my last shot at this as I am getting tired of looking at the undercarriage of my car (lol).

I just like to keep my car all BMR suspension as I have all my car I did.

Now when is the lower control arms being released lol.