Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Pedders Pace Car Kit

Do any of my fellow Camaro5 members sport the Pedders Pace Car Kit on their Camaros? If so, please chime in on how you like it with pros and cons. I'm thinking about getting it and I would like some opinions before I go ahead and get it.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
The pace car package is a perfect blend of suspension heaven.the pros are your suspension will be more comfortable, your car will handle more than you can throw at it on the street and do really well against track cars. Adjustable hights is really nice, adjustable sway bars are really good too. There gmpp parts so you keep your factory warranty.

Now the cons...you might get a ticket because you drive faster because you want to push the car to the limits, your Mpg goes down due to the above, your significant other might hate you and thinks you are driving crazy because you are enjoying the suspension.
But the real con is well there is none

Yes this kit might be a few bucks more that the others but it is way worth it the quality and experience pedders puts in there parts. The dial in of the xa's make it so enjoyable to drive and it still handles great. The best feature is they adjust through the clevis and not the spring so your ride quality will be consistent no matter what the hight is.
Be wise spend your Money right and pedderize
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Do mean aside from ALl the Camaro On Track Pace cars
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do mean aside from ALl the Camaro On Track Pace cars
No clue what you just said, but this package sounds legit. I might call you tomorrow about my potential purchase in August and you know...
Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

What Pete was trying is aside from all the pace car camaros that paced the tracks
Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I have it on my Pace Car...

I LOVE IT!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
JusticePete

NASCAR and INDY Car Camaro Pace Cars that you see on track have been running this kit for the last two years.

That is why we call it the Pace Car package. It is what the actual on track pace cars ran on track. The production versions have stock SS suspension, but the track versions were Pedderised with GMPP parts. I had the honor of bolting parts on some of them at Milford.

The 2011 Verts for track duty were on Xa coilovers and not the full Pace Car Package.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Great Pictures Pete!!!! I never tire of looking at these cars, just knowing how they handle only serves to further entice me. Feel free to post up more awesome pics anytime!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
What are the costs?

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Mickey pm sent
Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
How do you like the HD radius rod inserts? Any NVH difference at all? I saw some warnings on the Pedders site regarding the excess wear that could occur to the steering rack and tie rod ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
The pace car package is a perfect blend of suspension heaven.the pros are your suspension will be more comfortable, your car will handle more than you can throw at it on the street and do really well against track cars. Adjustable hights is really nice, adjustable sway bars are really good too. There gmpp parts so you keep your factory warranty.

Now the cons...you might get a ticket because you drive faster because you want to push the car to the limits, your Mpg goes down due to the above, your significant other might hate you and thinks you are driving crazy because you are enjoying the suspension.
But the real con is well there is none

Yes this kit might be a few bucks more that the others but it is way worth it the quality and experience pedders puts in there parts. The dial in of the xa's make it so enjoyable to drive and it still handles great. The best feature is they adjust through the clevis and not the spring so your ride quality will be consistent no matter what the hight is.
Be wise spend your Money right and pedderize
stros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

For the street I do prefer the standard insert bushings I do drive them every day, I can't give you an honest assessment of the hd inserts because I have not driven on them but pedders puts there advisments on the site for a reason, if you are not racing the car the standard inserts will make you very happy. If it is going to see some track use then they'd might work well for you. I know Pete will jump in give you best answer to your question.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #13
moya's ss

Drives: 2011 SS2/RS
street 1 and pedders sway bars was enough for me on the mean streets of new yorks city dont regret it the car is 100 times better as far as a daily driver thx to pedders and joe at 3j customs,that what the car should have come from factory.............
moya's ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
JusticePete

Thank you all for your support and kind words. I don't have many complaints about Camro5 as a forum, but one is always at the top of the list. As vendor we cannot post prices for parts in a thread like this. That leads to a bunch of PMs sent like it is a secret. Members can post pricing, but vendors cannot. The only secret in this thread is that a Camaro GMPP Pace Car Package complete with Bars, Bushes, HD Endlinks and Coilovers is a BEST BUY for a 5th Gen owner. It is hands down the best value package available from any vendor.
  • Coilovers -- Track Tested and Performance Validated
  • Sway Bars Track Tested and Performance Validated
  • Endlinks, Adjustable High Efficiency OE Quiet Operation Track Tested and Performance Validated
  • Sub-Frame Bush Inserts Foundational Solution -- Track Tested and Performance Validated
  • Radius Bush Bush Full Face Inserts Foundational Solution Track Tested and Performance Validated
  • All parts are licensed by GMPP.

These are the same premium quality parts that have been engineered to work together with a full two year no hassle no headache warranty. These are the same parts that had paced the field at NASCAR and INDY events across the country. We'll there was one Pace Car we did with Supercar coilovers, but we didn't really make that public, until now