Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
Disco

Drives: Not Available yet
More Dealer funnies

So I get a phone call from the first dealer I put a deposit in with back in July of 2011. I answer thinking it might be good news. NOT! Instead I was told that there dealership would not be getting a ZL1 and that they have a check for my deposit ready for me. Hmmm OK things happen for a reason so I drive to the dealer on my lunch break and of course as soon as I get out of my truck a salesmen roams over. He asked if he could help me and I say sure...I'm interested in a 2012 ZL1, will you be getting 1 and if so is it still available? He tells me YES, we are getting 1 and there is no one in line for it.
I laugh and then tell him the reason I am there. WOW these people just don't have a clue. He said thats not correct we are getting 1. We then go the the managers office and I put them both on the spot...lmfao. Basicly the manager told the salesman that he was very misinformed......I'm like whatever. Got my check and left. I'm thinkin to myself, how the heck can these morons even keep the lights on. Oh well I got my $$$ back an I will never go back to that SoCal dealer in Garden Grove again.

At least I have 1 dealer working with me @ msrp.
2050 01/24/12

Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Aziz

Drives: 09 Dodge Durango
Same here man. I live in saudi arabia and things are a bit different bit as messed up. Three months back I went to a dealer and asked him if they'll get a zl1, they said yes! two weeks ago I went to them again and they said that the chamber of commerce did not agree on getting the car, they are "looking into it" I looked all over the internet but no luck. yesterday car and driver said that the car isn't road legal yet so I guess that's why our dealers didn't get it. in any case good luck in finding a replacement
Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
That blows, I only have one order in. If for whatever reason it gets dropped then the dream will have to wait because I'll be using the car payment money to get my degree. Unfortunately, It's not cost effective for me to get a degree when boost in pay is only a couple grand a year which is why I opted for the car first lol!

And my guess is they decided they wanted to sell their 1 ZL1 allocation for more money...
Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
So I get a phone call from the first dealer I put a deposit in with back in July of 2011. I answer thinking it might be good news. NOT! Instead I was told that there dealership would not be getting a ZL1 and that they have a check for my deposit ready for me. Hmmm OK things happen for a reason so I drive to the dealer on my lunch break and of course as soon as I get out of my truck a salesmen roams over. He asked if he could help me and I say sure...I'm interested in a 2012 ZL1, will you be getting 1 and if so is it still available? He tells me YES, we are getting 1 and there is no one in line for it.
I laugh and then tell him the reason I am there. WOW these people just don't have a clue. He said thats not correct we are getting 1. We then go the the managers office and I put them both on the spot...lmfao. Basicly the manager told the salesman that he was very misinformed......I'm like whatever. Got my check and left. I'm thinkin to myself, how the heck can these morons even keep the lights on. Oh well I got my $$$ back an I will never go back to that SoCal dealer in Garden Grove again.

It's pretty ridiculous how clueless some dealers are about this car. Can't get a straight answer from half of em.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
You would think they would have a weekly team meeting that would outline what is happening with different makes and models. The sales manager should at least let his sales people know that a car will not be showing up on their sales room floor
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
piepouli

Drives: 04 gmc/ zl1
that is just unacceptable, way to ruin someones day
piepouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Just be glad he didn't put you in an LS and tell you it was a ZL. Most these guys dont know sh*t about these cars and a lot think they can BS people and they wont know any better. Perhaps some dont....
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
The dealer is probably still getting one, they just want more dough
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
this.

in the salespersons defense, theyre usually the last to get any important info. Even the sales managers give them the runaround when it comes to those things
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Or the owner just wants it for himself.
2050 01/24/12

Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:

I side with the salesman on this one. I bet the dealer is getting one but they wanna sell it to someone willing to pay ADM. Not unusual in CA. My co-worker ordered want for $10k over MSRP.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Watch the dealership and see if they get one in. I bet they will and they're going to shaft the guy buying it.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
Disco

I wounder if another dealer could check and see if they really are or not? hmmmm
2050 01/24/12

Old 01-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Watch the dealership and see if they get one in. I bet they will and they're going to shaft the guy buying it.
its not shafting if people pay what they feel its worth. Thats called capitalism. MSRP is just the SUGGESTED retail price, some people really see the value in these types of cars and are willing to pay for it.

Quote:
Or the owner just wants it for himself.
this is a very realistic possibility also
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote