Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
Silverwing

Drives: Yellow 2018 SS
TTY Bolts for brakes

So I ordered new rotors and new pads to replace my existing set because it's about that time.
This will be the first time I'll be doing this myself. I had the rear brake pads replaced about a year ago and now it's time to take care of the front set all together.
I've been looking online on tutorials and guides and I keep seeing these TTY bolts for the guide pins on the LTT 2011 Camaro. I can't find the correct part number for these exact bolts for my car so I call up the dealer and low and behold they want over a $100 bucks for the set of 8 bolts. That's not happening...soooo...

Can anyone help me out with the part number for these bolts? I'm not too familiar with this type of thing and don't want to have my car jacked up when I realize I have the wrong ones. I'll even take links to aftermarket ones if those exist and are reputable. Thanks in advance!
Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #2
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Go to another dealer. They are ripping you off.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
woyster_13ss

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS
OOPS...just realized you don't have an SS, so the bolts I originally posted may or may not work for your car.
6.2L V8, NPP, Manual 6-Speed, GM Performance Shifter, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Bo White's Stage III Ported TB, Sunroof, Window Tint, Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harnesses, 5000k LED DRL Bulbs, APEX Skip Shift Eliminator, Hood Spears / Front & Rear Blackout Panels / Gills from Big Worm Graphix, Gary's Customz Front & Rear Painted Bowties, Powdercoated Wheels & Camaro Badges, Painted Calipers, Plastidipped Taillight Bezels
woyster_13ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
So I ordered new rotors and new pads to replace my existing set because it's about that time.
This will be the first time I'll be doing this myself. I had the rear brake pads replaced about a year ago and now it's time to take care of the front set all together.
I've been looking online on tutorials and guides and I keep seeing these TTY bolts for the guide pins on the LTT 2011 Camaro. I can't find the correct part number for these exact bolts for my car so I call up the dealer and low and behold they want over a $100 bucks for the set of 8 bolts. That's not happening...soooo...

Can anyone help me out with the part number for these bolts? I'm not too familiar with this type of thing and don't want to have my car jacked up when I realize I have the wrong ones. I'll even take links to aftermarket ones if those exist and are reputable. Thanks in advance!

First thing you do is "tell the parts department of that rip off dealership to stick those bolts where the sun does not shine"! That is nothing but pure theft! Pisses me off when dealerships take advantage of people.

With that said here is what you need and I will include the torque value. (assuming you have Brembo brakes)

1. Front TTY bolts, quantity 4, GM Part number 11570788, torque is 30 foot pounds then tighten 90 degrees more. Eat your cheerios for the extra 90 degrees does not come easy!

2. Rear TTY bolts, quantity 4, GM Part number 11515781, torque is exactly like the front 30 foot pounds then 90 degrees.

3. REMINDER: There is a small "Torx 30" screw that holds the rotor in place, be "EXTREMELY" careful when you reinstall because over torqueing will easily strip this out! The torque value for this screw is 89 INCH POUNDS, remember I said INCH POUNDS.

I purchase my parts from a local GM Dealership that treats me "fairly" decent by charging me only 40% over their cost for parts. I paid the following:

1. Front GM Cost $4.48 each, I paid $3.36 each, $13.44 for 4 (plus tax)
2. Rear GM Cost $3.48 each, I paid $2.61 each, $10.44 for 4 (plus tax)
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
woyster_13ss

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS
Those are the same bolt part numbers I bought last night for my SS with Brembos. Wasn't sure if the non-SS bolts were the same or not.

I got mine from GMpartsgiant.com for $2.86 front and $2.22 rear, each. I don't know how much shipping would be for just the bolts as I lumped it all together with the rotors and pads.
6.2L V8, NPP, Manual 6-Speed, GM Performance Shifter, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Bo White's Stage III Ported TB, Sunroof, Window Tint, Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harnesses, 5000k LED DRL Bulbs, APEX Skip Shift Eliminator, Hood Spears / Front & Rear Blackout Panels / Gills from Big Worm Graphix, Gary's Customz Front & Rear Painted Bowties, Powdercoated Wheels & Camaro Badges, Painted Calipers, Plastidipped Taillight Bezels
woyster_13ss is offline   Reply With Quote