Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #29
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
It's Nürburgring!
Glad someone knows! Pfadt's European facility is located on site!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #30
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
"Our experience with Camaro drivers is they do not really care about the understeer as so many never push hard enough to find understeer. They do NOT like the lean and roll"

I would say that is the most accurate description of what type of feel I am looking for in the car. More concerned with the lean and roll I feel when driving on the highways and cornering, don't really feel problems with the understeer much, don't push the car to its limits. Maybe I'm crazy but what I feel more I thought was Oversteer, car feels like its lifting sometimes in corners at higher speeds.

Thanks
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #31
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The ZETA II chasis rides so well I can't imagine an enthisiast feeling the ride would be in any way objectionable with the bars maxed out to full hard. If you are going to set it once and forget it -- full hard and be done with it.

I agree.. i set mine on full hard and absolutely love the road feel on the street!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #32
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
"Our experience with Camaro drivers is they do not really care about the understeer as so many never push hard enough to find understeer. They do NOT like the lean and roll"

I would say that is the most accurate description of what type of feel I am looking for in the car. More concerned with the lean and roll I feel when driving on the highways and cornering, don't really feel problems with the understeer much, don't push the car to its limits. Maybe I'm crazy but what I feel more I thought was Oversteer, car feels like its lifting sometimes in corners at higher speeds.

Thanks
Mate,
you are SPOT ON. A single front bar will put a huge SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Place your order through Jacie@PeddersUSA.com. If the bar doesn't make your daily drive more enjoyable and you feel you need a rear bar too I'll provide the rear bar free. Cut and paste this post when you email Jacie.

All I ask is you post the results of your experience in this thread when you get your single front Pedders bar mounted and you have driven it for a while. If it is a disappointment, post that. If you are pleased post that. Either way we want you most candid feedback.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #33
JProberts

Quote:
Mate,
you are SPOT ON. A single front bar will put a huge SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Place your order through Jacie@PeddersUSA.com. If the bar doesn't make your daily drive more enjoyable and you feel you need a rear bar too I'll provide the rear bar free. Cut and paste this post when you email Jacie.

All I ask is you post the results of your experience in this thread when you get your single front Pedders bar mounted and you have driven it for a while. If it is a disappointment, post that. If you are pleased post that. Either way we want you most candid feedback.
Ok, I'll take you up on that offer and I'll be sure to post my driving experience with the front sway bar for a few weeks and give you an honest impression of what I think. I'll take it out on the road this weekend and take notes of the ride now, keeping in mind the improvements I'm looking for in the ride and suspension.

I'm thinking about installing myself with a knowledgable friend and just want to know will there be any instructions with the kit? Is drilling into the struts for the end links the only real difference from installing a sway bar without the end links? And I don't need an alignment with this install correct?

Now if you prefer that I have a shop install it to make sure it's done professionally to make sure your product gets the best possible representation let me know.

I will e-mail Jacie tomorrow and copy this post so they know what we are talking about and will advise when I receive the part and try to take some pics during install just so everyone can see what we are doing.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #34
JusticePete

Quote:
Ok, I'll take you up on that offer and I'll be sure to post my driving experience with the front sway bar for a few weeks and give you an honest impression of what I think. I'll take it out on the road this weekend and take notes of the ride now, keeping in mind the improvements I'm looking for in the ride and suspension.

I'm thinking about installing myself with a knowledgable friend and just want to know will there be any instructions with the kit? Is drilling into the struts for the end links the only real difference from installing a sway bar without the end links? And I don't need an alignment with this install correct?

Now if you prefer that I have a shop install it to make sure it's done professionally to make sure your product gets the best possible representation let me know.

I will e-mail Jacie tomorrow and copy this post so they know what we are talking about and will advise when I receive the part and try to take some pics during install just so everyone can see what we are doing.

Thanks
Please send me your adress via email so i can help you select a shop. PGB@PeddersUSA.com
Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #35
JProberts

Quote:
Please send me your adress via email so i can help you select a shop. PGB@PeddersUSA.com
Done
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #36
JusticePete

Quote:
Done
Thank you for trusting your Camaro to Pedders. We appreciate your business. Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #37
JProberts

Okay I decided to go with the Pedders Front sway bar and end link solution.....for now.

Pete helped me find a Pedders dealer and installer in my area that could do the install properly. Waiting to hear back from the installer on if he can do the install this friday and once I'm confirmed I will let everyone know who is doing it.

Pete feels that I would be more than satisfied with the front bar solution instead of the rear bar solution and asked me to post the results of the change to my ride after a few weeks driving the car with the front only bar.

Will only install the front sway bar packege and wait to install lowering springs until after I have had enough time driving with the sway bar alone to give a fair assesment of the sway bar addition. Pete generously offered to provide the rear sway bar also at no cost if I am not completely satisfied with the front only solution.

Thanks for all the input from everyone and will keep you posted on the results.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #38
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
looking forward to hear your thoughts!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #39
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Question

I also found this thread to be extremely informative. This looks like a text book example on how to beat out the competition and win new customers too. Nice job Pedders crew.

Now I fully admit I'm a noob to car suspensions and the like but I had a question for the Pedders team: Why didn't you recommend new urethane inserts, drop coils, or coil overs before a new sway bar during this conversation.
From 'The Book', JusticePete states the following:
Quote:
The low hanging fruit for the Camaro owner is in urethane inserts for the radius and sub-frame bushes. Installing Pedders EP6578 and EP1200 inserts addresses the feel of steering and brakes while settling down the IRS. These inserts work with the OE parts to make your driving experience more rewarding.
Lowering the Camaro with drop coils designed to work with the OE dampers and bumpstops reduces body lean and roll while maintain a high quality of ride. Using Pedders Xa coilovers would be the next level of excellence. For Pedders perfection only the 52mm Remote Reservoir Independent Bound and Rebound Adjustable Supercar Coilovers will do. All three address body lean and roll at the source.
Is there a reason to go to sway bars in this situation before the other upgrades or did I miss something in the conversation?

Thanks again.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #40
JProberts

I have an install date this Friday with Tim at TandT performance in Fredrick, MD for the front sway bar and end links and will advise everyone how the install went.

Pete agreed that TandT would be a good place to have it done and Tim's work is well known and respected on this forum.

Anyone out there running the front sway bar only right now? What noticable differences in the cars ride do you guys think I should feel right away?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #41
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
you asked about sway bars and how to set them. I feel it wasn't the appropriate place to go that direction.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #42
GraysonPeace
"Go on the last yellow.."

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 CGM
I also found this thread to be very informative. I am very much like op and have the same expectations. After much research and listening and reading this post have decided to do as op is doing(front bar only). Reading this post pushed me off the fence. Thanks to JusticePete. When I called authorized Pedders dealer they suggested "bushings" also. I told them just the front bar for now.Looking foreward to ops results!
GraysonPeace is offline   Reply With Quote