Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
WHAT ARE THE BEST HIGH FLOW CATS FOR 2010 CAMARO

Does anybody have a list of high flow cats available
For the 2010 camaro l99.

I would like to compare sound & gains.

So video clips & dyno"s are a must for me.

I can't afford to make a mistake

Ps

I think it will be great to have this info for every body upgrading there exhaust.
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,511
We're gonna need you to be a bit more specific.

are you only wanting to replace the CATS or are you looking to get replacement headers that also have high flow cats?

Then there are the many cat back options.

Point us in the right direction so we can help ya out.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee
 
Hicompression's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,468
JBA catted midpipes are what I'm running.
__________________
2010 RALLY YELLOW 2SS 6M
-OBX Longtubes FTW!
Hicompression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
We're gonna need you to be a bit more specific.

are you only wanting to replace the CATS or are you looking to get replacement headers that also have high flow cats?

Then there are the many cat back options.

Point us in the right direction so we can help ya out.


I'm talking cats only , there is a ton of different combos that you can put together but I'm trying to find out what cats are top dog right now.
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS View Post
I like my SOLO cats from soloperformance. Sounds great, you can feel the difference, and doesn't set a code. JBA makes some as well.
Sounds like your happy with solo that's cool.

Do you have any before and after dyno test runs or any proof that you can feel a difference.

Maybe better times at the track ?
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
JBA catted midpipes are what I'm running.
Any sound clips or dyno proof gains ?
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,204
Dynatech's are awesome.
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,511
Cat's only, Got it.

I'm not sure there are many dynos of cats only or vids for that matter... I've been browsing the exhaust threads and the vast majority of the dynos and vids are of complete systems.

Not many guys are swapping out only the cats.

FWIW
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
Well that's understandable , but what I mean for example solo claims like 22 hp or what not , is there any company like solo claiming hp and tq gains.

Or is solo the only one making claims like that.

I heard solo cats on a stock car and it was real good.

So as of right now solo is top dog to me any way because there making true gains and there cats sound like a 1000 dollar exhaust system.

So is there any other players in the market that can put out high flow cats , with the sound , quality , gains & price like solo.
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended
 
Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by iom View Post
Well that's understandable , but what I mean for example solo claims like 22 hp or what not , is there any company like solo claiming hp and tq gains.

Or is solo the only one making claims like that.

I heard solo cats on a stock car and it was real good.

So as of right now solo is top dog to me any way because there making true gains and there cats sound like a 1000 dollar exhaust system.

So is there any other players in the market that can put out high flow cats , with the sound , quality , gains & price like solo.
I had the JBA Catted mids on my car and they made a HUGE difference over the factory cats. I had no check engine lights and I could not beat the price on the JBA mids. Any exhaust you have will sound much better with the addition of High Flow cats.

DW
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
jtzako

 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 1,157
I swapped out only cats (used Solo) and it seems to be a big difference. I have an L99 and still have the stock manifold, resonator etc.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS Imperial Blue | CAI Inc, CAI | Solo Hi Flow Cats | X-Pipe | Backup Camera | PDIM
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW View Post
I had the JBA Catted mids on my car and they made a HUGE difference over the factory cats. I had no check engine lights and I could not beat the price on the JBA mids. Any exhaust you have will sound much better with the addition of High Flow cats.

DW

When you say huge difference I'm thinking your talking about sound.

What about performance do you think you had any big gains like solo ( 20-25 hp ) ?

If you did then that means jba is right up there with solo but like half the price !!!
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
iom
 
Drives: 2010 camaro iom ss rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I swapped out only cats (used Solo) and it seems to be a big difference. I have an L99 and still have the stock manifold, resonator etc.
That's what I want to do leave everything alone and just change the cats.

And as of right now I'm convince to purchase the solo brand but I need to do some more homework.

If jba hf cats put out the power that solo does I think I will have a change of heart.

There 391 and solo l99 cats are like 750 or so.

As far as sound goes I'm sure there will be a difference either way you go so I don't really care .
iom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #14
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended
 
Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by iom View Post
That's what I want to do leave everything alone and just change the cats.

And as of right now I'm convince to purchase the solo brand but I need to do some more homework.

If jba hf cats put out the power that solo does I think I will have a change of heart.

There 391 and solo l99 cats are like 750 or so.

As far as sound goes I'm sure there will be a difference either way you go so I don't really care .
The JBA and SOLO use the same parts to build so they should make the same power. Both companies use 200 cell count stainless substrate cats and 3/8" flanges. I know JBA is a much larger company and that is why they can offer parts less expensive than SOLO.

I would say the mids on my car made 15-20rwhp.

DW
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
cats, dyno, exhaust, high flow cats, sound clips

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camo shots of a Camaro bballr4567 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 150 02-18-2010 12:13 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.