Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
picard2112
picard2112

Drives: 2005 Tacoma/2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM
should be interesting to see how they do stripes for the trunk lid.
picard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
The lack of vision was the main reason why I traded my Camaro in. I am pointing out that this convertible eliminates a large part of the problems most enthusiasts have with the interior. However the pillars holding up the windshield don't have to be so thick and could have been redesigned to allow better visibility up front.. That is all I was pointing out from looking at the picture which clearly shows the largeness of the pillars. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be passing me so easily in my new car I love the look of the Camaro convertible with the top down I would definitely consider buying an SS convertible down the road.

Meant no disrespect and I do like the new mustang btw, not a fan of convertibles but thats me. This is the internet and a Camaro forum, we're supposed to say stuff like that

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #17
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Agreed, the antenna needs to go. The brake light needs to be integrated into the spoiler or trunk as well. I'd like to see more shots but it's beautiful regardless of my minor gripes.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
At least this gets rid of the vision problems However couldn't they have made the front pillars less thick though for the vert?
I imagine that it has something to do with increasing rollover protection.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I imagine that it has something to do with increasing rollover protection.
I don't think any kind of metal beams inside the windshield would be able to withstand the pressure or the weight of the car rolling over without some beams behind the driver as well. They kept them the same width perhaps to save money on production. The rear view mirror is still very large and intrusive as well which was a complaint people had with the 2SS version. The 1SS version mirror is smaller but lacks the auto dimmer of the 2SS one. I also never liked how in front of the mirror it was all blacked out. The Mustang's one are dots so you can see thru it with no problems.

I am being critical because I want to eventually buy one of these verts within the next few years as a trade in for my Jeep. THe antenna shark fin in the back would look better as a little bubble perhaps that is color coded with the trunk. The backup lights would look better integrated into the lower bumper as the concept was. I do like the way rear diffuser looks and the smoothness of the lines. It is a very sexy car and will be king in the looks department once it is released.