Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #169
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
How do you stop a Michigan Wolverine from masturbating? Paint his junk scarlet and gray and he won't beat it for 7 years.
Funny how you did not hear from the buck nuts last year with their cheating !
I think they do have a good team.
But no big ten championship for you this year

PS you must not remember the cooper days.

But that was a good joke.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .

Last edited by skar; 09-03-2012 at 09:00 AM.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #170
skar

As a Michigan fan, I love some of the following jokes. Enjoy!

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, “Wanna hear a Buckeye joke?” The guy replies, “Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I am 6′ tall, 200 lbs. and I am an Ohio State graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 6’2″, 225 lbs., and he is an Ohio State graduate. The guy right next to him is 6’5″, 250lbs., and he is also an Ohio State graduate. Now, you still wanna tell me that joke?” The first guy says, “No, not if I’m going to have to explain it three times.”
It was reported that the Ohio Football Coach Jim Tressel will only be dressing 40 players for the Michigan game …the rest of the players will have to dress them selves.
Did you hear that the Ohio State University library burned to the ground? All five books in the library were completely destroyed and the football team is really upset by the fire; they hadn’t colored in two of the books yet.
Q: What does the average Ohio State University student get on his SAT? A: Drool.
Q: How do you get an Ohio State Graduate off your front porch? A: Pay him for the pizza.
Q: What did the OSU grad say to the Michigan grad? A: “Welcome to McDonald’s. May I take your order please?”
Q: Why is ice no longer available at Ohio State football games? A: Because the senior who knew the recipe finally graduated.
A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, “Your first job will be to sweep the store.” But, I’m a OSU graduate,” the young man replied indignantly, “I even played football there!” “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that,” said the manager. “Here, give me the broom, I better show you how”.
Two Ohio State football players were hootin’ and hollerin’ while partying on campus when a bartender asked them why they were celebrating. The smart one said proudly that they had just finished a jigsaw puzzle and it only took them two months. “Two months?!” exclaimed the bartender. The Buckeye proudly replied, “Yeah, the box said 4 – 6 years!”
A Buckeye football player was almost killed today in a tragic horse back riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death. Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse.
A little boy and his mother were walking through an Ohio cemetery when they came upon a headstone that read: “Here lies an OSU graduate and a good man.” The little boy asked his mother, “Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?”
Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan. As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie’s lamp. “Who disturbs me?” asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. “You will each get one wish,” said the genie. Jim offers to go first. “I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganders can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground as it is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!” The genie grants the wish to Jim and his is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he’ll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, “Fill it with water.”
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
With bronze bushings .
Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #171
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Keep in mind this is coming from a Bama fan I have two statements to make.
Out of the preseason top ten teams, Bamas win was the most impressive followed by Florida St:
#1 USC 49 vs unranked Hawaii 10
#2 Bama 41 vs #8 Michigan 14
#3 LSU 41 vs unranked North Texas 14
#4 Oklahoma 24 vs unranked UTEP 7
#5 Oregon 57 vs unranked Arkansas St 34
#6 Georgia 45 vs unranked Buffalo 23
#7 Florida St 69 vs unranked Murray St 3
#9 South Carolina 17 unranked Vandy 13
#10 Arkansas 49 vs unranked Jacksonville St 24

Alabama will not be 2012 National Champs, they will choke along the way somewere. So will USC- they will come up short, the NCs will be a team that comes out and shines midseason.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #172
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Bo white.. I'm a dawg fan through and through and I despise Alabama with a passion. However if there is a better team than Alabama I would hate to see it. They could hang with lower end nfl IMO..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #173
Bo White

Understood and agreed. Most great teams that get defeated beat themselves instead of being beat by a better opposing team. However, sometimes you have an opposing team that shows up with their hair on fire lol.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #174
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
A road game, late at night to open the season with several starters out, is not the way you want to start. Historically, we haven't done well in night games on the road and our opening game is often shaky at best. In the first half the offense trying to find some rhythm. Special teams needs serious work. The defense gave up two big plays but ZERO points. That Jeffry RB for the Miners was better than advertised and coach Price had his team ready to play.

On the bright side, Landry didn't throw an interception. Nobody got hurt. The yards gained were fairly balanced (222 through the air and 205 on the ground). Defense didn't give up any points. The receivers showed promise. Most importantly we walked out of El Paso with a 24-7 win.
I'll agree to agree on most of that.

I just get sick of OU being the team that underachieves and over excuses.

Right now their offensive line can't seem to move anyone out of the way. If the stats are to be an indicator then the secondary played well OR the D-Line put some quick pressure on the QB. Minus the two 68+ yard runs allowed the D played great all the way around.

So I do know what possitives are there.

I just know that the other legit contenders don't have to always make excuses. They just go out and take care of business. It doesn't effect Bama, LSU, etc..... to play a night game to open a season and other random hurdles. They take the field whenever and wherever and play.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #175
Bo White

Well, the main thing that goes to most of the SEC top teams is their depth. The second string guys are almost as good as the starters.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #176
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Well, the main thing that goes to most of the SEC top teams is their depth. The second string guys are almost as good as the starters.
Maybe at skilled positions. The depth of the SEC is highly exaggerated. Much like the Salary cap on the NFL, the scholarship caps have evened the playing field so the larger conferences and teams/schools can't stockpile players.

And anyway, depth has nothing to do with it. OUs starters couldn't get it done FRESH on Saturday night.

OUs problem is not depth. It was their starters that were playing.

(I shoulda added USC to before the 'etc') I was speaking in general to the top teams and used those two because they were in the CG.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #177
Bo White

I wasnt really talking about OU, just the SEC. Scholarship caps actually started with Bama back in the Bear days when he would have a reciever with a swimming scholarship(that doesnt swim lol). Still, though you have players in the south that would rather be a walk on playing for their favorite team than be a starter for some other division 1 team.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #178
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
#1 USC 49 vs unranked Hawaii 10
#2 Bama 41 vs #8 Michigan 14
#3 LSU 41 vs unranked North Texas 14
#4 Oklahoma 24 vs unranked UTEP 7
#5 Oregon 57 vs unranked Arkansas St 34
#6 Georgia 45 vs unranked Buffalo 23
#7 Florida St 69 vs unranked Murray St 3
#9 South Carolina 17 unranked Vandy 13
#10 Arkansas 49 vs unranked Jacksonville St 24
Remember, this is ONLY the first week of the season. Lets wait till about midseason and see how different things are going to be.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #179
Bo White

Correct, wins for this weekend for the current top 10; which obviously Michigan is no longer in there. Alabama's next test is Arkansas.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #180
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Blake Countess is out for the year with a torn ACL. Any more injuries to key players and every game is going to look like the first one.......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #181
skar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Blake Countess is out for the year with a torn ACL. Any more injuries to key players and every game is going to look like the first one.......
Yep will be lucky to win 7 games .
Hope I am wrong.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
With bronze bushings .
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #182
PQ
Booooosted.

It's college football. 95% of the league is lose a game and season over. The other 5% lose 2 and season is over.

Right now half the country has been eliminated.