Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #687
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Lagging sales had nothing to do with the Camaros design, and everything to do with marketing.

GM just doesn't want to admit they have the worst marketing in automotive history.
what marketing? haha. GM sux at marketing. They literally have the most boring commercials ever. Take for example how they go after customers.

I live in Houston. I see a GM truck commercial of it plowing through snow. smh. I'm like, wtf are you spending your $ on targeting people in Houston with a truck plowing through snow or going through swamps and lakes. This is Houston. They just send the wrong message.

They are horrible at targeting their audience and the sad thing, they have the data.

I have yet to EVER see one cool Camaro commercial. Ever. At least not that I can remember.

But, I get it. They want to sell Cruzes, Malibus, whatever.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #688
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
I think it looks MUCH better with a painted grill center and raised bowtie! If the bowtie is easy to remove, it's not a big deal... I like it otherwise and the 10 speed will be a welcome improvement!

edit: I can't tell if that's hyper blue... is it?

holly crap Ai Oppe should hire you! you rock man!
Old 04-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #689
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
I think as a 1LE the SS would look pretty good. Of course it's way better when you fix the bowtie
Have never been the biggest fan of white cars. But thinking the '19 SS 1LE in white could have a lot of potential. Particularly, get it out in natural light vs the GM cgi's.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #690
Michael2000

Drives: .
I was actually looking forward to the refresh. Then I saw it. The SS front end makes no sense at all! They have design elements going every which way. Nothing ties together. They pay people to come up with this? It looks like a kid did this while not paying attention in class.

How could management approve this mishmash? They need a new head of styling. I hope they don't botch the C8 Corvette.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #691
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
what marketing? haha. GM sux at marketing. They literally have the most boring commercials ever. Take for example how they go after customers.

I live in Houston. I see a GM truck commercial of it plowing through snow. smh. I'm like, wtf are you spending your $ on targeting people in Houston with a truck plowing through snow or going through swamps and lakes. This is Houston. They just send the wrong message.

They are horrible at targeting their audience and the sad thing, they have the data.

I have yet to EVER see one cool Camaro commercial. Ever. At least not that I can remember.

But, I get it. They want to sell Cruzes, Malibus, whatever.
there are plenty of good camaro commercial I rememer one about a old couple who fell Young when they got inside of a metalic red SS... Im pretty sure no company ever will design commercials just for texas.. lol
Old 04-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #692
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
From John Mack, the head of design for the new Camaro...

Quote:
It isn't immediately obvious, but according to Mack, there's a little bit of the original Camaro in the new front ends. "The RS and base LT model they actually have a design that kind of has a homage to the first-gen where you have the larger center-opening grille. The lower grille also, that is downplayed," he said
Quote:
You might think the design team would update the Camaro SS first, but that's not necessarily the case. "We started off by actually kind of doing what we feel is right for this trim level," said Mack. "We want to make a very impactful graphical statement, and its face has to have an emotional quality to it. When you get into the SS, you want a look that's more over the top, so that becomes a bolder expression. The graphics are going to be, I think, more unique. Something that could be a touch polarized. But again, keep that sinister face to the vehicle that wants to evoke an emotion. You see that in your rearview mirror, you're like "holy cow what's that I need to get out of its way.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #693
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
"It isn't immediately obvious, but according to Mack, there's a little bit of the original Camaro in the new front ends. "The RS and base LT model they actually have a design that kind of has a homage to the first-gen where you have the larger center-opening grille. The lower grille also, that is downplayed," he said"
They spin this like it's something new..you know what also was a homage to the 1st Gen?

SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #694
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Wow the SS looks horrible. Predator mixed with a Charger. It evokes laughter. The RS is much better.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #695
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Is it just me or do the new LED's around the lights look like sauce pans?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #696
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Makes sense now why they didn't unveil it at the New York Auto Show and went with a small spot on a CBS broadcast. They had to know it was a turd but way too far along to make fixes. Gauging by the overall negative feedback not only from diehard fans but a lot of the media this would have been a huge black eye had it been given a major event.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #697
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
After 51 pages of "the sky is falling" I've stepped back again and tried to look at this objectively and bit-by-bit. To cut to the chase, I think there are only three real issues with this MCE.
  1. What I call the "chin straps" and others have called the "fender hands"
  2. The flow tie placement
  3. The black bar

Now, the interesting thing is, all three of those elements are ONLY PRESENT ON THE SS. The taillights appear to be a love / hate thing. Not as universally panned as the three SS specific elements of the refresh.

So, stepping back and looking at the LT and RS models alone, this is probably a pretty good upgrade. The front end is a bit more rounded and clean. The rear pays homage to the 2010 - 13, but much more "modern". So, similar to the '14 MCE, some people hate the taillights, others like them, many are "meh". My vote is meh. Those changes are very evolutionary and, at least in my opinion, improvements or at least "flip a coin" from an appearance pov.

When you factor in the new tech (assuming the mirror is a free flow option) and the addition of a 2.0T 1LE, I'd say the MCE is a win. There will be more cars sold in base / mid-level trim than there were for Gen6 1st edition. So probably a net plus in sales, all else equal. Especially considering the price bump that Mustang received with its upgrade.

Now I'm thinking the sky really isn't falling.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #698
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
From John Mack, the head of design for the new Camaro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
okay good , now i've got a name for who did this to camaro.
For sure. His comment about "bolder expression" is pure marketing horsecrap. He straight-up copied the 2016 Bumblebee for the SS, a design that was ugly when it was revealed then, and it's still ugly today. I know the auto design community is stuck in this "ugly is the new beautiful" design rut, with "MOAR GRILLE" and tortured c-pillars, but this takes a known-bad face and lazily hits Ctrl+P.

The incoherence of the surfacing is inexcusable. This is almost as horrendous as when the F56 MINI was unvealed. They took an iconic design and absolutely crapped all over it.

Now go look at the just-unveiled 2019 Focus. That is a clean new-gen design, despite the big maw it's distinctive yet unoffensive, easily proving that a new-gen doesn't have to be ugly. If John Mack's goal is to give up and just put Michael Bay in charge, then he can have it, and own the consequences.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #699
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Saw a pair of them in the wild today!!!!! Looked much better in person!!!

Old 04-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #700
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
After 51 pages of "the sky is falling" I've stepped back again and tried to look at this objectively and bit-by-bit. To cut to the chase, I think there are only three real issues with this MCE.
  1. What I call the "chin straps" and others have called the "fender hands"
  2. The flow tie placement
  3. The black bar

Now, the interesting thing is, all three of those elements are ONLY PRESENT ON THE SS. The taillights appear to be a love / hate thing. Not as universally panned as the three SS specific elements of the refresh.

So, stepping back and looking at the LT and RS models alone, this is probably a pretty good upgrade. The front end is a bit more rounded and clean. The rear pays homage to the 2010 - 13, but much more "modern". So, similar to the '14 MCE, some people hate the taillights, others like them, many are "meh". My vote is meh. Those changes are very evolutionary and, at least in my opinion, improvements or at least "flip a coin" from an appearance pov.

When you factor in the new tech (assuming the mirror is a free flow option) and the addition of a 2.0T 1LE, I'd say the MCE is a win. There will be more cars sold in base / mid-level trim than there were for Gen6 1st edition. So probably a net plus in sales, all else equal. Especially considering the price bump that Mustang received with its upgrade.

Now I'm thinking the sky really isn't falling.
The SS is the problem, but if they just move the badge and paint the bumper, it looks great! Tail lights are another story. Squished donuts that stick out way too far and have nothing to do with any of the other angular design elements of the car.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!