Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-07-2021, 11:47 AM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner98 View Post
How do you reflash the BCM?
Yes this happened after the battery went dead on me.

Pretty sure it's the Suspension Control Module in the rear trunk and not the BCM for all other electrical control. Cannot say for sure if you need a reflash based on the information provided.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:33 AM   #16
JBZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Yeah the suspension module, not the BCM, regardless it's a dealership thing I'm pretty sure .

2012 ZL1 preproduction car #13
ROTO-FAB intake / IC reservoir , 2.85" upper , ported inlet
JBZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:03 AM   #17
legbuh

Drives: 13camaroZL1v,06 911, 18 StingerGT2
I can't even tell the difference between the modes.
legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #18
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by legbuh View Post
Then it’s broke..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #19
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by legbuh View Post
You should notice when going to track mode it gets super bumpy and rough for few seconds while driving. If not yes its not working correctly.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #20
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Did you get this fixed yet? I have been watching this thread to see what was the problem and you have not came back and told us what happened and caused this. Please let us know.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #21
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Mine did the same, was a quick and painless trip to my local service department. They flashed the computer for the shocks and was back in business in less than 30min.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #22
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
I tried the handheld Tech2 and laptop based Tech2Win,
but that didn't work because the Tech2 only supports up to 2009 Camaros, mine is a 2013, so I returned it. I'm waiting on that refund.

2010 Camaros and up switched to the MDI/MDI2 module using GDS2 Diagnostic laptop software and using a Chinese clone I was able to diagnose it to the Suspension Control Module which showed a memory problem. DTC C056D Symptom 32 "General Memory Failure", now the dealer shop service manual (which I also purchased) said to flash/re-flash/program/reprogram they all mean the same thing and after buying the 24 month AC Delco SPS subscription to reprogram a single VIN for 40 bucks and there is a S/W update for that very issue, but I could never get the SPS software to connect to the car. And now to make things worse the laptop S/W took a dump will no longer open the GDS2 App for diagnosing which means I'll be returning it for a refund as well.

So in the end the got dam dealer won! They make cars you cant work on yourself unless you spend thousands of dollars on OEM original diag equipment and then spend hundreds more for 3 to 12 months subscriptions to actually use those factory tools.

So yea GM won and I hate it but I'll be visiting my local dealer soon. Freakn' BS !
shiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:29 PM   #23
shiner98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
Mine did the same, was a quick and painless trip to my local service department. They flashed the computer for the shocks and was back in business in less than 30min.
What did your dealer charge you to flash the module?
Old 07-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #24
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:

So in the end the got dam dealer won! They make cars you cant work on yourself unless you spend thousands of dollars on OEM original diag equipment and then spend hundreds more for 3 to 12 months subscriptions to actually use those factory tools.

So yea GM won and I hate it but I'll be visiting my local dealer soon. Freakn' BS !
I sympathise with your view but on the other hand, the cars we could work on couldn't do the things these cars can do. It's the price of this particular indulgence. Or one might say our reliance on technology makes us vulnerable. I applaud your attempt at thwarting the system none the less!
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #25
shiner98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
I sympathise with your view but on the other hand, the cars we could work on couldn't do the things these cars can do. It's the price of this particular indulgence. Or one might say our reliance on technology makes us vulnerable. I applaud your attempt at thwarting the system none the less!
Very true and well stated, but im not giving up just yet, I called AC Delco and their support desk is super helpful they are able to remote tie into your laptop and configure the software for you. They told me my laptop software and hardware doesn't meet the minimum specs to run the SPS reprogramming software so that will be my next step before going to the dealer. I will do this myself for the principle of it.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #26
shiner98

Update: So after buying a laptop that has all the GM SPS S/W and H/W minimum specs, getting an OEM Bosch MDI2, and with the help of an AC Delco TDS tech I was finally able to reflash the ESCM in my own garage. The GM Tech on the phone was a bit surprised when he asked what dealer I was calling from after I told him I was working on my own car at home. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue so the next step is to replace the module locateded in the trunk then reprogram. So more to come.

Last edited by shiner98; 08-06-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:41 AM   #27
Mmcmon

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Update: So after buying a laptop that has all the GM SPS S/W and H/W minimum specs, getting an OEM Bosch MDI2, and with the help of an AC Delco TDS tech I was finally able to reflash the ESCM in my own garage. The GM Tech on the phone was a bit surprised when he asked what dealer I was calling from after I told him I was working on my own car at home. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue so the next step is to replace the module locateded in the trunk then reprogram. So more to come.
I have a spare working escm if you want to buy it. $75
Mmcmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #28
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
What did your dealer charge you to flash the module?
Nothing

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote