Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
European front license plate brackets?

Hello,

I'm an American currently stationed in Germany and I've never had to put a front license plate on my Camaro until now. I would prefer not to drill into the bumper. Does anyone know a good option for front license plate installation? Thank you!
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:25 AM   #2
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Welcome to Europe this is not the only nonsense we have here.
Basically, you must place it in a visible position in the vehicle's axis.
If this is not possible to the side.

If you do not want to drill, the only option is double-sided adhesive tape.
Or cable loop ties.

Mainly do not break plate over bumper!
Like this...

It's an offense.

I already had a hole in the bumper, So I just modified it according to our rules.

George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #3

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
Op, Not to hi jack your thread. George-CZ, whats covered right next to that beautiful Red Camaro? Looks interesting!
Old 11-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexus View Post
Hello,

I'm an American currently stationed in Germany and I've never had to put a front license plate on my Camaro until now. I would prefer not to drill into the bumper. Does anyone know a good option for front license plate installation? Thank you!
Don't drill your front fascia! Get a fold-away or hideaway plate and you can have the best of both worlds; show it when in Germany, hide it when you ain't. Most brit owners hate the fact you have to even run a plate - some don't (self included - ruins the swet looking front!)
Old 11-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
Op, Not to hi jack your thread. George-CZ, whats covered right next to that beautiful Red Camaro? Looks interesting!
I'm thinking 1st gen Vette
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
This is matching number 1975 Stingray targa L48/TH400.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #7
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 1 View Post
Don't drill your front fascia! Get a fold-away or hideaway plate and you can have the best of both worlds; show it when in Germany, hide it when you ain't. Most brit owners hate the fact you have to even run a plate - some don't (self included - ruins the swet looking front!)
Also the possibility.
Only this must not exceed the outline of the vehicle.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
They have a magnetic hook up for plates. The magnets are strong and it will pop off when a little effort when you want to remove them. Best of both worlds where you don't drill and you put the plate on when you want

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #9
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm not familiar with Europe's license plate laws, but will putting it behind the front windshield and option?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I'm not familiar with Europe's license plate laws, but will putting it behind the front windshield and option?

Unfortunately this is not enough.
The license plate must be on the bumper.

There was an incident in my town where an inattentive driver crashed into a standing car behind him and damaged the license plate holder.

The driver did not lose the license plate put behind the windsheeld and went to work.The city police stopped him and lost his driving license in the administrative proceedings.

A friend from the school has made a license plate from the sticker.
Same size as the original. But he still received a great warning for faking an official document.

Sorry... Velcome to Europe
Old 11-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #11
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I just arrived in Germany and My Camaro is at the port awaiting clearance to come to K-town. I have the same issue as you with no front plate on the vehicle. I have been told that you can get a type of U-bolt that will go through the grill and then you can bolt the plate holder to that. I haven't had a chance to look for it yet, but it is on my list of things to do in the next week. At the inspection station they stated I could not zip tie the holder or the plates and they had to be bolted to the car. U bolts would be perfect if I find them. good Luck.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:29 AM   #12
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
I just arrived in Germany and My Camaro is at the port awaiting clearance to come to K-town. I have the same issue as you with no front plate on the vehicle. I have been told that you can get a type of U-bolt that will go through the grill and then you can bolt the plate holder to that. I haven't had a chance to look for it yet, but it is on my list of things to do in the next week. At the inspection station they stated I could not zip tie the holder or the plates and they had to be bolted to the car. U bolts would be perfect if I find them. good Luck.
Interesting. The Wiesbaden VPC also told me I was forbidden from ziptieing the bracket, however, they allowed me to use double-sided tape to mount my license plate on the front. So NO DRILLING!

You can find double-sided tape at any Bauhaus, OBI, or Hornbach. Look for the brand called "Tesa". Best of luck!
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
germany european front license