Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
no enthusiasm please,just the facts

I've been in this forum for about 3 months and I never heard or seen anything bad about the camaro.everyone talks about how good his car is and what a great good quality car the camaro is.i have seen millions of camaros but never had the chance to drive or even sit in one.but when I ask those who own or owned one before they say great things about it but the terrible things are more!some say that you can hear the gasoline moving in the tank,some say the transmission got a really bad noise while changing gears but the fact that they all agree on is the interior quality. They all hate the interior,not the look but the cheap plastic that have been used in it.some of the problems that I mentioned,are seen after 2-5 months of ownership and I can assure you that they are not mustang or mopar guys and they never had one.they all got M5,jeep,toyota and caddilacs now.

The only thing I wanna know is the truth about this car.i already know all the good factors about it but I want to know the bad things too,there is no perfect thing in this world and that includes cars too.some problems can't be spotted in a test drive or renting a car for a week or two.
I know the car isn't out yet,im asking about the 5th gen.i want all of those who owned or driven a camaro now and before,forget about the love and the enthusiasm and share with us what you don't like about your car and what problems you had with it.

Thank you
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Um, are you kidding me? Plenty of threads about 5th gen issues.

Interior material quality is horrible. The car is overweight. There's your two biggest disadvantages right there.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Wrong forum. Go to camaro5.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Let's go to an enthusiasts car form and ask for no enthusiasm.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Yeah I know but im trying to find out or at least guess the issues that the 5th will carry to 6gen.for example the interior quality became much better,it weight's less but what about assembly issues?lots of people said they can hear sounds and noises from the interior door and dash penals and and the gas moving inside the tank.
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
Yeah I know but im trying to find out or at least guess the issues that the 5th will carry to 6gen.for example the interior quality became much better,it weight's less but what about assembly issues?lots of people said they can hear sounds and noises from the interior door and dash penals and and the gas moving inside the tank.
My 5th gen never rattled...then again I only had 17,000 miles on it, but yes I could hear gas in the tank from time to time....extremely minor annoyance in my mind. I don't remember reading about a lot of people complaining about rattling.

The 6th gen is a completely different car, so any issues found in the 5th just don't have any relevance with the 6th gen, not to mention they are being built in a different factory.

Every car has issues....there is just no getting around it. The 6th will have some issues as well, but we have to hope they aren't anything major. But overall the 5th gen is a good quality car. Its safe and built well. It is somewhat overweight, and the interior may not feel up to snuff for a 2015 model year car. Nothing really to worry about in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #8
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
5th gen and 6th gen are on different platform, using different engine, different grade materials, different assembly method, and being assembled at different manufacturing plants.

All the known issues with 5th gen can be found from 5th gen forum and from your friends who owned them before.
6th gen issues: no one knows. First 6 months of production, lots of kinks will be ironed out.
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My 5th gen never rattled...then again I only had 17,000 miles on it, but yes I could hear gas in the tank from time to time....extremely minor annoyance in my mind. I don't remember reading about a lot of people complaining about rattling.

The 6th gen is a completely different car, so any issues found in the 5th just don't have any relevance with the 6th gen, not to mention they are being built in a different factory.

Every car has issues....there is just no getting around it. The 6th will have some issues as well, but we have to hope they aren't anything major. But overall the 5th gen is a good quality car. Its safe and built well. It is somewhat overweight, and the interior may not feel up to snuff for a 2015 model year car. Nothing really to worry about in my opinion.
Haha,,, posted almost at the same time....
The statement in bold is what I tried to say basically.
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #10
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
...the only parts carried over to the 6th Gen are...

The BowTie emblem
The SS emblem..

....facts... as stated by Chevrolet
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #11
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:

I dont think anything can be carried forward, unless it has something to do with either the "SS" Emblem or the Bowtie, since those are the ONLY 2 items being shared from the 5th Gen to 6th, even the assembly plant is different now.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

The BowTie emblem
The SS emblem..

Haha, GMTA Becky
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #12
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I loved the concept Gen5. I loved the Gen 5 when I saw it on the road. But I never owned one.
Why? 3 reasons, in this order:
Automatic was a slug.
Car weighed too much.
That interior was vomit worthy.

I WILL own a 6th Gen. Because every issue I had was resolved. With those issues resolved, I cant see whats NOT to love about the car. Aside from maybe the $$$.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #13
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

The BowTie emblem
The SS emblem..

Exactly! And as far as I've seen, no one has had issues with either of those things on the 5th Gen.

I guess that means the 6th Gen will have no issues.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #14
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
I loved the concept Gen5. I loved the Gen 5 when I saw it on the road. But I never owned one.
Why? 3 reasons, in this order:
Automatic was a slug.
Car weighed too much.
That interior was vomit worthy.

I WILL own a 6th Gen. Because every issue I had was resolved. With those issues resolved, I cant see whats NOT to love about the car. Aside from maybe the $$$.
Harsh!
Plain or uninspiring sure, but made you want to toss your cookies? :(
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote