Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #15
RonHolz

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS 2017
Never give up

Did you get help with that answer , or did you come up with that all by yourself.
Since the Camaro's are hard on battery's could be since this battery is 4 years old it could be bad, most are .
Thanks for your response , but I will get the problem taken care of.
The old Grunt in WA. State
Ron
RonHolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #16
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
The charger you use in your truck works the same way in your Camaro that it did in your truck, but if the battery is that dead, it probably won't do the trick or could take a long time. If your battery is that dead, it sounds like something was left on or you have a serious drain. If you don't have a big enough charger, jump it off and let it run for a while. If the battery is totally dead, you may need to leave the jumper cables connected with the truck running for a while before you start the Camaro. Hope you stay well. God bless ya.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #17
RonHolz

Thank you, that helps me alot, going to bring it to an electrical repair shop. I see a lot of
Camaro's with battery problems ??
Old 12-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #18
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
RonHolz—my point is something is wrong, probably not the battery. BCM should shut off any accessories/drains. If there is no aftermarket equipment then there is a problem with the BCM, but maybe I’m wrong. These things are hard to sort out and take a long time. If you can unload the car I would. I lived with a car (vette—not a camaro) that I couldn’t rely on because of battery drain issues. Never again for me. So....that’s why I said to take it back. Good luck sir.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #19
RonHolz

LOL, no problem I understand . I see on the web sites there is a lot of issues about battery's and charging and these Camaro and Corvette are at the top of the list for problems, I just bought this 2017 SS Camaro last week , so I'm still learning as I'm old school cars , all I can do to this one is wash it,LOL
Thanks for your update. Have a better new year and take care.
Ron, The old Grunt from WA. State
Old 12-30-2020, 09:13 PM   #20
RonHolz

BAD BATTERY ISSUE SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHolz View Post
LOL, no problem I understand . I see on the web sites there is a lot of issues about battery's and charging and these Camaro and Corvette are at the top of the list for problems, I just bought this 2017 SS Camaro last week , so I'm still learning as I'm old school cars , all I can do to this one is wash it,LOL
Thanks for your update. Have a better new year and take care.
Ron, The old Grunt from WA. State
TOOK THE CAR TO A PROFESSIONAL SHOP, BAD BATTERY (ORIGINAL) HAD DEAD CELL AND CRACK IN IT) RAN IT ON DIAGNOSTICS EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT GREAT, i LEARNED A LOT ABOUT CAMAROS AND CHARGING SYSTEMS, ANOTHER $450.00 FOR A GOOD CAUSE, LOL
Old 12-31-2020, 05:48 AM   #21
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
BTW I suspect charging your car battery by cigarette lighter doesn’t work because it’s switched off when key is off.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:00 PM   #22
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Bought my 2014 Camaro new and get about 3 years out of batteries before they die. Diehard last month died 20 days before the 3 year warranty expired and luck was on my side replaced FREE under warranty. Johnson Controls makes 150 million batteries a year including AC Delco, Diehard, Autocraft, and about 10 other brands.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:38 AM   #23
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
My bat will die if left for 3-4 days also with out tender. But i have a lot of adds.
But even my neighbor has same thing and its stock with just a different radio. The dealer was not able to find issue. going to try to trouble shoot mine soon.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #24
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I get about 3 weeks. I have had a few battery issues but most were self-induced. All sorted out, 3 weeks was always the best I get with no tender.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 12:38 AM   #25
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHolz View Post
I have just bought a 2017 Camaro SS 6.2 Auto 8 speed. the battery went dead after sitting for 3 days, flat dead ,door opener would not work even. So I want to install the best battery I can get ? and I have a small batt. jumper I carry in my truck it has a plug in for the cigg lighter or I guess that would be a 12 Volt charging plug in now that is on the ft right of council, will that work to plug in my 12 Volt jumper to hold all my settings or should I take it to a shop to have the new battery installed, I do not want to fry anything. Does that Volt meter on the dash work, does that tell me the batter volts ? or charging volts ?

Thank you, I'm 73 and just finished a long battle with cancer and this has limited me to what I can lift or do now. the Camaro is like new with 13,000 miles. I always wanted one so I bought it for my get well present,LOL
Thank You for any help, the old grunt in WA. State.
Sounds like a bad battery to me, I would have it tested but wouldn't rely on the test. Being all that's been said so far, I will say this. When I first bought my camaro I didn't drive it very much like maybe 1-2 times per week. If I let it sit for 3 days or more it wouldn't crank over, so I took it to autozone twice and both times they tested the battery and said it was good. So I got tired of all that bs and went ahead and replaced the battery (from o'reilly) with a duralast gold from autozone and almost two years later it still always cranks even If I let it sit for two weeks.

Sorry I didn't see you got it fixed in the earlier post
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:14 AM   #26
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
I've never had any battery issues, and I often let my ride sit for up to 7 days at a time. It starts right up every time. Fully stock 1LT with a Wally World battery.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote