Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Jimi Mack

Drives: 2011 LT1 RS
Hockey Stripe Install Questions

Gonna put red hockey stripes on my black RS and was wondering about a couple of things:

1. The crease above that front amber marker lamp where the fender and bumper module join. I'd like it split opposed to covering the crease with the decal, but would like to know how this is done? Pointers? Anyone know of some instructions or video that will help with this?

2. What is the best cleaning solution for cleaning the surface before applying the stripe? Can it be purchased at any auto parts store?

3. What is the best solution for activating the vinyl. Heard that just common dishsoap with water, but that seems kind of cheap. Is there a solution that works best?

4. How long before the area can be waxed after applying the stripe.

Sorry for all the questions, but want to do this right and never been let down by these groups before. Thanks SO much!
Jimi Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Mahi-Mahi

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I'm gonna be putting some black hockey stripes on my red Camaro in the next week or two, and I've done a little research:

1. If you want a perfect, painted-on-look installation, I'd recommend unbolting the front fascia so it's ready to pull out when the time comes, apply the stripe, make the cut along the seam, and then pull the fascia forward so you have plenty of space to tuck in the excess vinyl. That way, once you push the fascia back in, the stripe tucks into the seam deeply so it looks painted on. Most installers cut around the seam which leaves an unsightly gap of body color and leaves a lot of sharp points that could lift and peel after a few washes. --nuclearenvoy

2. Go to www.Rapidtac.com they have exactly what you need.

3. Once again, www.Rapidtac.com

4. I'd give it 24 hours just to be on the safe side.

1st post--wohoo!
Mahi-Mahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
I ordered mine from Big Worm graphics and they were cut to start right at the body crease above the side marker. I think you can call them and get them cut differently. They also ave some install videos on their site.

All I used to prep was alcohol to clean the area and just water during the install. Been on 4 months now with Zero problems.

Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote