Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #239
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
yeah,it is,but didnt want to hurt any feelings...
You're to be commended, because that's a first on this thread.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #240
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
There's something about the black & gold IROC-Z that makes it my favorite.
I liked the black & gold combo too, it is my favorite combo. That is why I did mine in black and gold. Kind of weird how people react when they see my car. Seems like people either love it or strongly dislikes it. I would say there are a lot more that like it -vs- don't like it. For some reason the people that like it & compliment me remember the car whenever they see me.

I met a husband and wife at a car show that liked my car/mods so much they offered me $35K because they said the car was exactly what they wanted. They wanted to buy my SS -vs- buying a new one and modifying it. I wouldn't sell it (probably will never sell it) but I did write out every mod I bought & who installed it. I don't know what they ever did because I never seen them again.
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 PM   #241
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I liked the black & gold combo too, it is my favorite combo. That is why I did mine in black and gold. Kind of weird how people react when they see my car. Seems like people either love it or strongly dislikes it. I would say there are a lot more that like it -vs- don't like it. For some reason the people that like it & compliment me remember the car whenever they see me.

I met a husband and wife at a car show that liked my car/mods so much they offered me $35K because they said the car was exactly what they wanted. They wanted to buy my SS -vs- buying a new one and modifying it. I wouldn't sell it (probably will never sell it) but I did write out every mod I bought & who installed it. I don't know what they ever did because I never seen them again.
Thats a pretty good story......i think its a huge compliment.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #242
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Thats a pretty good story......i think its a huge compliment.
Thank you, I did take it as a compliment.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:41 PM   #243
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
No I didn’t answe my own question. You’re not Nostradamus. You don’t know the future. Only reason 1st gen are historical is cause of the 1st yrs produced. But who’s to say kids growing up these days don’t consider the muscle cars these days as we have 1st gen? It’s not far fetched.....
I think if you look at what is selling now at auctions as far as Camaros go it will kinda read into the future . 5th Gens will be the ZL1, 1LE and the Z28s followed by the SS with the LS3 , i think the L99 will be avoided mainly because of the less HP and the AFM . The Gen 6 i think will be looked at the same way as the second generation (70-73), which was handling and power .

1 - 1970 -Z28 LT1
2- 2018 -SS 1LE-LT1
3- 2014 -SS 1LE -LS3
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #244
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I think if you look at what is selling now at auctions as far as Camaros go it will kinda read into the future . 5th Gens will be the ZL1, 1LE and the Z28s followed by the SS with the LS3 , i think the L99 will be avoided mainly because of the less HP and the AFM . The Gen 6 i think will be looked at the same way as the second generation (70-73), which was handling and power .

1 - 1970 -Z28 LT1
2- 2018 -SS 1LE-LT1
3- 2014 -SS 1LE -LS3
I disagree. I believe desirability will be the Z28, ZL1, 1LE, SS (regardless of transmission) - in that order. In large part, future collectors won't be interested in manual transmissions & fewer will know how to drive them.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #245
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I disagree. I believe desirability will be the Z28, ZL1, 1LE, SS (regardless of transmission) - in that order. In large part, future collectors won't be interested in manual transmissions & fewer will know how to drive them.
There is no reason a collector would want a L99 over an LS3 . May not matter in the Zl1 auto or stick as much .
Old 04-23-2018, 09:31 PM   #246
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRZL113 View Post
1969 & 5th Gen ZL1 are my favorites.
I would agree that the ZL1 fascia is the best looking 5th Gen. It didn't take me long to do the swap once I saw the ZL1. Very glad I did...
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #247
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
There is no reason a collector would want a L99 over an LS3 . May not matter in the Zl1 auto or stick as much .
V8 muscle cars bought by collectors are both auto and manual. Your Ls3 will make zero difference in the car collector world. Its not like it will be worth anything. Big block manual muscle cars are nice....but your 5th gen ls3 is nothing special...just like the l99.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:02 PM   #248
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
V8 muscle cars bought by collectors are both auto and manual. Your Ls3 will make zero difference in the car collector world. Its not like it will be worth anything. Big block manual muscle cars are nice....but your 5th gen ls3 is nothing special...just like the l99.
Ultimately, the Challenger will be more collectible than the Camaro or Mustang. Their quality is so bad, there will be a limited amount of survivors.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:07 AM   #249
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Try telling that to Hagerty ,you are wrong .
Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 AM   #250
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Post up your findings.....The 5th gen is only 9 years old. Far from establishing any real collector value. What you see today will be different in 15 or 20 years anyway. I dont think im taking your word for it.....to hard to tell. So much for your fortune telling career.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:17 AM   #251
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Post up your findings.....The 5th gen is only 9 years old. Far from establishing any real collector value. What you see today will be different in 15 or 20 years anyway. I dont think im taking your word for it.....to hard to tell. So much for your fortune telling career.
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...aro-generation
Old 04-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #252
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
The standards used to determine what's collectible right now, won't necessarily apply 30 years from now.
Manual transmissions are about 5% of new car sales in the U.S., which means their desirability has decreased significantly. Most new drivers don't even know how to drive a stick, so it's hard to imagine that in the future they'll want to collect a classic they're unable to drive.
I'm not saying A6 Camaros will have more value, but they'll surely hold their own against M6 vehicles.