Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Decepticon1069

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1 LT
"S" mode

This is specifically for the 3.6L V6 couple with the Automatic transmission. we have 3 driver modes.
1. "D" mode. This is your normal drive mode where you may override the transmission with the Tapshift paddle shifters.
2. "S" mode. This is the sport mode. The paddle shifter are NOT used and the transmission shifts later at higher RPMs and keep the engine in the "power band" longer under hard acceleration.
3. "M" mode. This is the manual mode where you move your shifter to the "S" mode but you use the paddle shifters to control shifts. You car should automatically shift into 2nd gear under hard acceleration, then you are free to select gears after that.

Now here's my question: Have you experimented with these modes, and if so, do you notice a significant difference between them? Personally the "S" mode for me seems to be the most responsive and the best. In addition to these modes, has anyone experimented with turning off their Traction Control AND StabiliTrac?
Decepticon1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Decepticon1069

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1 LT
Note this question is for stock cars only, no additional parts (i.e. CAIs, throttle bodies, etc.).
Decepticon1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
the S just puts it in sport mode and changes the shift paterns or you can use the paddle shifters to shift. tuning off the nannies just let you use all the power with out the computer shuting the power down when it feels the car spin tires or get side ways. Get some where that is away from people to try this out and see how it reacts.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I'm always in M on mine since I cannot stand the D shift points, and never use S since I love my paddles.

And turning the nannies off is fine, just learn the limits of the car first and gradually play with the set up
Old 06-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I only drive in S except on rare occasions. I learned early on that I hate the shift points in "D" & the unresponsiveness. I have played around with the paddle shift some but really need someone to teach me how to use them effectively. Overall I figure the car is smarter & faster than I am anyway. It will hopefully only get better when I get my HP dyno tune in a couple of weeks!