Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #673
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
No. Looking for dealership to tell me what the issue is. As I went to lunch, CEL is still on, but all other lights are off (runs like a champ), also removed VTC for now.
Hope dealer isn't an ass about this ...
If you can get to an Autozone they'll read the code for you. Be interested to see if it's a throttle related code maybe P2138 ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #674
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
I placed my order Friday 2/23 @ 8:48 AM. I have yet to receive any email other than the Paypal payment confirmation and I just called 3 times, all going to voicemail. Did you guys get a confirmation email from Vitesse with tracking information?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #675
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
I placed my order Friday 2/23 @ 8:48 AM. I have yet to receive any email other than the Paypal payment confirmation and I just called 3 times, all going to voicemail. Did you guys get a confirmation email from Vitesse with tracking information?
No. I sent a PM through here and got my tracking number.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #676
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
I sent an e-mail to the customer service website after I bought it and Ahmed got back to me right away. He answered all my questions and after it shipped, I asked for tracking info and he sent it right away. It got here 2 days later, it's installed, and it works perfectly. And I freekin' love it!!!
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #677
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
^^^ I've had two of those moments since the Vitesse was installed.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #678
CJ Dangle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Just got mine a few days ago...pulled the Camaro out of storage (even though there is plenty of salt on the ground) and installed this bad boy...I'm nervous to go to SP9...This thing is awesome!
CJ Dangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #679
rd beast

How will this work with a car that has been tuned
rd beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #680
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It will work just fine, as it does not have anything to do with the engine PCM.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #681
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I saw a thread on a Caddilac forum, talking about the application of the vitesse throttle controller on their vechiles. They are saying that the Camaro guys are going crazy over it.

EDIT: One guy mentions a hit to his MPGs. Any of you guys here notice that as well? It makes sense that would happen, but I'm just curious about your numbers.
On SP4 i noticed a increase in mileage, switched to SP5 and mileage went down.
[SIGPIC]BMR springs/sways,CAI,SCT,Razzi, silver stripes, painted calipers, upgraded audio, Katzskin interior upgrades, 22" Lexani, SSW Headers and cats, MBRP 3" catback, gauges, CF wrapped lip spoiler and rear trunk insert, custom rotor and upgraded brake pads, side markers
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:18 AM   #682
305_to_310

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Yeah, gas mileage does take a hit unfortunately. But at the end of the day, I'm a car enthusiast. I give zero f***s LOL
MODS: GM Cold Air Intake, GM Strut Brace, E85 Flex Fuel Kit, HP Tuners MPVI 2, Custom E85/91 Tune by Ben Charles (HP Tuners senior member), NPP Dual Performance Exhaust, cat + muffler delete, Elite Engineering Catch Can, ZL1 Spoiler w/Wicker bill
305_to_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #683
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
^^^ I've had two of those moments since the Vitesse was installed.
I had 2 in the first 2 minutes! The first was by accident, the second one wasn't. Muah haa haaaaa haaaaaaaaaa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Dangle View Post
Just got mine a few days ago...pulled the Camaro out of storage (even though there is plenty of salt on the ground) and installed this bad boy...I'm nervous to go to SP9...This thing is awesome!
Take it SP9 and blip it once, you'll love it. You can still control it on SP9, it just takes some pedal finesse. The beauty of it is: if you don't want the finesse or need it, the car is unbridled. Or maybe unleashed is a better word. All I know is: this snow can't melt fast enough...
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #684
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I'm very interested in someone posting 0-60 or quarter mile times before and after the VTC (or, on various settings). I wouldn't be surprised if it had very little impact on the times, as it seems it "takes" power from the bottom end of your pedal and moves it to the top (so to speak).
This has been done, and posted somewhere here on the forum; don't remember who by or in what thread (may even have been this one).

Results were a slight improvement in 0-60 time, no difference in the 1/4 mile.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #685
rd beast

So are you saying iy is not really worth it mean u ate saying 0 _ 60 slight and 1/4 nothing
rd beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #686
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd beast View Post
So are you saying iy is not really worth it mean u ate saying 0 _ 60 slight and 1/4 nothing
Not exactly...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398346

There's too many VTC threads. Someone needs to create a sticky.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote