Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
Dirgam

Drives: 2012 VR GFX SS/RS M6 Convertible
The car didn't make it home

Left work late last night and about a 25 mile drive to home. Got within 200 yards of my house and couldn't get the rest of the way. Also had a hard time finding anywhere to attach a tow rope to. Ended up parking out by the main road. However, not bad for PZero (nero) with more than 50% tread wear.

Pic is from this afternoon
Attached Images

Dirgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
That's too much snow for PZeros. You're lucky you made it that far.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
That's too much snow for PZeros. You're lucky you made it that far.
Any snow is too much snow for the pirelles lol
Old 11-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
glad you didnt kill someone. GM should be required to tell you this. Pzeros are not to be used in temps below 40 degrees. They are Summer tires only. They can come apart if driven below 40F. They are not safe to drive on even dry roads below 40 and definitely not safe in ice or snow. Do not drive on these tires again. Get snow tires if you want to drive in snow. I bet you could get a ticket for improper equipment or something like that. If you hit someone on those tires and they take you to court they will win. If you kill somebody you will be doing time.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #5
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
glad you didnt kill someone. GM should be required to tell you this. Pzeros are not to be used in temps below 40 degrees. They are Summer tires only. They can come apart if driven below 40F. They are not safe to drive on even dry roads below 40 and definitely not safe in ice or snow. Do not drive on these tires again. Get snow tires if you want to drive in snow. I bet you could get a ticket for improper equipment or something like that. If you hit someone on those tires and they take you to court they will win. If you kill somebody you will be doing time.
That was good for a laugh, although none of it is true except that Pirelli P Zeros do not perform well in colder temperatures, and they are worthless in snow like any performance tire is.

On dry pavement in any temperature they are safe enough as long as you don't try pushing it too much on the corners.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #6
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I'd get general gmax as-03 tires. They're solid all seasons if you're going to be driving her year round. The stock pirellis are eh: they don't last for sh*t, and are useless in anything other than warm weather, from experience. They were okay in the summer for me, but that was about it
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
He has the Pirelli Neros on a v6 which I believe are not as bad as the Pirellis on an SS.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
JCunningham

o he has the Neros I forgot they make more than 1 tire with the pzero name. Shouldnt be driving on The Neros either. For the stock PZeros GM and Pirelli have bulletins out on it. You can go find it. They both have bulletins out on it. the only one i can find right now is Pirelli's warranty stating that it is void if cracks appear under 45F http://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/c.../tire-warranty Iv seen the one for GM and the one for Pirelli posted on here but im not going to spend all night looking for it. The Neros might not come apart but it is not safe and irresponsible to drive on any Summer tire in the snow
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 11-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Quote:
The stuff some people come up with. Wow.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #10
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Pzero Nero's are all season tires guys
Old 11-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #11
Jylee

Drives: 2012 2LT
Pzero may not have good traction, but they are stamped all seasons on the side wall. Dry weather tires may cause an accident on icy/snow road. I don't believe they would blow up, nor cop has time to issue tickets on car mounted with non snow tires.

Jack
Jylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Future lawyer in training. lol

I would have kept the car running and sleep inside. No way I would leave my baby like that.

But then again I just move to a different state that is a little warmer....but that's just me.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #13
JCunningham

Its ****ing scum bags that think they can drive on summer performance tires in the snow that piss me off. How about you pull a 5 year old kid out from under the dash of a S10 blazer because someone was driving on summer only tires and slid into oncoming traffic. Had the mother half cut out befor we found the kid. the engine was on the other side of the road and the drive shaft went through the rear end they hit so hard. Guy that hit then didnt have a scratch.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #14
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Future lawyer in training. lol

Wrongful death lawsuits do end up going to the extremes as he describes, but in the end they end up getting laughed off. It's standard practice to sue the individual at fault, the state because it's their road, and the manufacturer of the vehicle(s) involved.