Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #57
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Hopefully they got the TPMS problem out of the way. But I will check with Nick. I think if I have them mount and balance them and all I have to do is put them on the car it will help resolve alot of potential problems.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #58
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
My new ones have a big chipped spot already at the egde of where the center caps meet the wheel. Paint chips REALLY easy on these wheels. But seems like once the wheel has a few miles on them they stop losing paint. They have one day of driving on them.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #59
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

See this is what I am worried about, paying all that money especially the extra for paint and having it chip or flake and making the wheels look cheap.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #60
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Hopefully they got the TPMS problem out of the way. But I will check with Nick. I think if I have them mount and balance them and all I have to do is put them on the car it will help resolve alot of potential problems.
If you can go that route, great. I suggest you send Savini the GM TPMS sensors to put in your wheels.

The TPMS thing was a comedy of problems for me. Not really funny at all actually.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #61
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

How much did they cost you? The TPMS sensors.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #62
Darth_Emma

I paid about $200 from my dealer, but I think you can get them from GMPartsDirect for around $130 (wish I'd known at the time).
Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #63
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If you can go that route, great. I suggest you send Savini the GM TPMS sensors to put in your wheels.

The TPMS thing was a comedy of problems for me. Not really funny at all actually.

NOT funny.

I JUST ordered a replacement tire. $356.06 and will have to pay to have it mounted and balanced. THEN drive to Louisiana and get my car. Had my sensors not gotten stolen during all this, I would not have to replace this tire. I'd have known it was flat before driving on it and destroying the sidewalls.

315/25ZR -22 Pirelli PZero Nero XL
In Stock
$331.00
$331.00

Shipping:

$25.06

Tax:

$.00

Excise Tax:

$.00

Order Total Including Shipping:

$356.06
Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #64
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
I paid about $200 from my dealer, but I think you can get them from GMPartsDirect for around $130 (wish I'd known at the time).
I will definitely check on this with Savini before I order them, maybe get a written guarantee or something. Terri you said problems, is it because yours is an earlier VIN. Mine is 18261, is there a difference in sensors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

NOT funny.

I JUST ordered a replacement tire. $356.06 and will have to pay to have it mounted and balanced. THEN drive to Louisiana and get my car. Had my sensors not gotten stolen during all this, I would not have to replace this tire. I'd have known it was flat before driving on it and destroying the sidewalls.

315/25ZR -22 Pirelli PZero Nero XL
In Stock
$331.00
$331.00

Shipping:

$25.06

Tax:

$.00

Excise Tax:

$.00

Order Total Including Shipping:

$356.06
Man I am so sorry for this, Hopefully you can get your car back soon.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #65
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

OK guys and gals I have a little better photo shop of the wheels on my car. I am getting one more done with just the wheels chrome and will make my decision based on these two drawings.

I really have to decide if the paint is what I want, not that it doesn't look good but the chipping makes me nervous, especially around the lug nuts. What do you think of these now. A little better representation of what they will look like.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #66
Darth_Emma

Those wheels are GREAT! I love the chrome on a RJT car. It makes the red pop even more.
Two thumbs up!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #67
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I will definitely check on this with Savini before I order them, maybe get a written guarantee or something. Terri you said problems, is it because yours is an earlier VIN. Mine is 18261, is there a difference in sensors?
I just think that since its been shown that many Camaros have problems with some after market TPMS sensors, it's your safest bet to get the GM sensors for your car. Some people have had no problems with some after market sensors and others have. I could not get the after market sensors to work in my car. They would pair and then they would lose their pairing after about 20 minutes. So, I bought the GM sensors from my dealer and they work perfectly. It was a learning experience for me and I'm just trying to save you similar aggravation, time, and expense.

My car was built in January and it had the problem. PQ's car I think is an earlier build and it had the problem. There are several threads in the forums that discuss this. The GM sensors are known to work.

I ordered my sensors from my dealer and he asked for my VIN number when he ordered them. I have no idea if there is a difference in part number from early vs later builds. That's why I was willing to pay a little more to get a sensor that the dealer would guarantee to work and it did.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #68
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Those wheels are GREAT! I love the chrome on a RJT car. It makes the red pop even more.
Two thumbs up!
Thank You Ma'am, I am kinda fond of them too, but will wait to see the all chrome ones. I did e-mail Nick from Savini and asked him about the paint issues we discussed and am waiting on a reply.

Quote:
I just think that since its been shown that many Camaros have problems with some after market TPMS sensors, it's your safest bet to get the GM sensors for your car. Some people have had no problems with some after market sensors and others have. I could not get the after market sensors to work in my car. They would pair and then they would lose their pairing after about 20 minutes. So, I bought the GM sensors from my dealer and they work perfectly. It was a learning experience for me and I'm just trying to save you similar aggravation, time, and expense.

My car was built in January and it had the problem. PQ's car I think is an earlier build and it had the problem. There are several threads in the forums that discuss this. The GM sensors are known to work.
I really do appreciate being able to benefit from your and PQ's experience, unfortunately for you , that you had to go through it in the first place.

The Savini's really look good, just a little skeptical becuase of the issues You and Randy had, but I would like to think that because this is a new car that these issues were bound to come up. Randy's was a whole nother issue.

I did talk to one person who thought that it would be a great idea to have the wheels come balanced and mounted. This stops a whole bunch of problems from happening, and IF there is a problem it will be easy to rectify, ooooh a big word, LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #69
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Those wheels look awesome on Dr. Jkel...

Don't think about it, order 'em now.

You know you gotta.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #70
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Those wheels look awesome on Dr. Jkel...

Don't think about it, order 'em now.

You know you gotta.
I like the look don't get me wrong just a little worried about the paint chipping. Emma brought up a good point about the area around the lugnuts becoming chipped during install, but she had alot of problems with the TPMS and hers were taken off a few times.

I had also thought about doing the powder coating on the brake calipers but from the picture the calipers kinda match my painted stripes.

I am also waiting on the Dovetail Spoiler. I have it on order and it was supposed to be here in August , then the first of September, but now they have no clue when GM will release it, so who knows about that.
Attached Images