Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
Greencamaro1234

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Help

I just finished cleaning my valve ports under intake,also removed the valve covers along with some wires and one plastic tubing that runs to the front of the engine,I’m not positive but think it might have something to do with fuel pressure,but it was a quick disconnect,so didn’t think it would interfere with anything,I also took off negative terminal to battery,so,it’s hot here in SC,and very humid,so a little frustrating,lol...so,my question is do I need to reset something or what,it’s making noise when you turn the key,but not turning over,so,I’m hoping maybe the battery ran down,not sure why,it’s only been a couple days and it is a good battery,but that will be the first thing I do,anyone have any input,because I know a lot of people on here have done this,oh the reason for pulling the valve covers was to replace the spark plug seals. Thanks
Greencamaro1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
Greencamaro1234

Help

I did some searching and the quick disconnect tubing that I thought might have something to do with the fuel pressure,is not,it’s for the brakes,so,that definitely wouldn’t have anything to do with starting it,so thinking it’s just needs a boost.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Sounds like a battery issue to me. These cars hate low voltage and will refuse to start yet give you lights, etc.
If it's the original battery I'd go ahead and replace it otherwise it will bite you in the rear end at the least opportune moment. And don't throw away the vent tube since you'll need it on the new battery.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Greencamaro1234

Yep,that’s exactly what it was,battery to weak,everything is better.