Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #15
MPHSS1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Checked mine, all good. Is there a rough a average for how long the Good Year Eagle tires will last under normal daily driving conditions? I have the 1SS 1LE with about 450 miles on it.
MPHSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:07 AM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch98 View Post
This explains my traction problem.
Its hard to keep the tires from wheel spinning under hard acceleration and when biting second and third gear. Lots of wheel spin and the back end all over the place. At first I thought the clutch went out, but then the back end slid around.

What happened was I took the car in to the dealership for free oil change (Yes 10 qts) and they said they rotated the the tires too. WTF, with 2200 miles I didn't want them to do it, but they did. I said the car has big a littles (different sizes front and back) and the service writter Dude said it was a side to side rotate.

And the car doesn't corner as well as it should. I was wondering if they ####ed it up, or if I was tripping or these tires were like big wheel tires in temperatures below 40F.

Thanks for the post. I was wondering, and now I know.
I'll change the tires back.
its because they are like big wheel tires at temps below 40
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:14 AM   #17
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Can't wait to get home and check my tires. I rotated side to side once and did not notice anything but I am certainly not the most observant guy in the world lol.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #18
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
I know. I know. And only I have been washing and detailing it. Like I said, I'm a bit frustrated with myself that this escaped my attention to detail. I inspect for this, and have caught this mistake in the past, with other cars I have owned when getting tires changed. But, this is my first experience actually finding this error from the factory.
I had better check mine. I would not have noticed even though I coat my tires.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1ss, mounting, tire, zl1