Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #9353
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I stocked up on my arsenal right before Obama took office. 9 Ar's, 5 AK's, Two Hi Powers, One Beretta 92FS, 18 1911's, 1 Desert Eagle and 1 Model 29 S&W. I won;t tell you how much ammo I have because I don't want to be put on a govt list. LOL!!!!!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #9354
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
i bought an FNX45 Tactical w/ the Burris Fastfire 3 last week. its barely used and i got it for a steal! anyone here have one? i pick it up on Friday and cannot wait to shoot it. i've wanted a .45 for a looong time
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #9355
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I'm ready!!!
Attached Images

ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #9356
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Update and EDIT.... Yesterday I typed up a LONG review with photos, of my SIG P-365 experience. Apparently only one sentence was posted ?

Anyway..... Few weeks back I bought one of the new Sub compact, 9mm SIG P-365's.

There have been issues with the early release guns, mine had a build date of MAY 11, 2018. Came in the small grey, plastic case. Standard current model with two 10 rd mags, one flat based, the other with a short finger extension. A 12 rd mag is also available. And with the X-Ray sights which are basically a set of standard open sights, nite sights, but the front bead is quite large.

In reading the included manual I found it interesting that anything more than a simple take-down; slide off frame, clean up barrel, recoil spring, etc. Was not "authorized" as per the Factory manual. So I simply cleaned things up, lubed and started shooting it. I didn't try to separate the firing module/trigger assy from the frame. Like one can easily do on the 320's.

So far I have run almost 800 rds through the gun, with three different shooters as well as myself. Everything from 124 gr NATO spec, to my lighter 115 gr handloads, 147 gr sub sonics to current 115 gr hollowpoints....I have not experienced a single malfunction or issue of any sort.

Accuracy with a few of the loads was nothing short of astounding, considering this IS a pocket pistol. Some of 115 gr WW Silvertip hollowpoints did 1" , round groups from 15 yds! Not once but three times. And the SIG, 365 specific, 115 gr HP's were almost as accurate.

The sights were nicely regulated. No changes needed for windage. Elevation varied a bit with bullet weight/velocity of course, but all within minute of bad guy.

One thing I will note is that initially the magazines were tough to load to capacity with finger power....this gun REALLY needs one of the mag lula loaders. Or I should say, your FINGERS, really need the loader. They have been loosening up a bit with use and being kept loaded to capacity.

I also ordered up a sheet of TALON grip tape for the grips. I have the TALON tape on my 320 and my little G-42. I like the sticky feel and the added thickness. Going to install it today. The stock grips are nice and grainy as is, the TALON tape is simply a personal preference. But for anyone who has never tried it....Worth looking at. https://talongungrips.com/grips/

So far, I am very happy with this pistol. With 750+ rds of mixed ammo it has been 100% reliable. Just got in a Garrett IWB rig for it and it's now in the carry rotation. With the 115 gr SIG hp's.

Now for some internet history on the P-365.

This gun was first shown in January at SHOT Show. One had to wait in line to get a chance to fondle one of the several they had on display. The size, 9mm chambering and especially the 10+1 or 12+1 CAPACITY make this thing (IMHO) a real game changer. Orders were taken for tens of thousands of them.

As they started getting into the hands of shooters a few issues raised their ugly head....One of them is "primer smear". Meaning...the firing pin hits the primer, setting off the round. Pressure is barely down, the gun unlocks and starts extraction process. But with the firing pin STILL on the primer, as the round is extracted there is a narrow crease across the primer, from the original indentation to the edge of the primer. This DOES put pressure on the TIP of the firing pin and early guns did break off the tips of the FP. What percentage I do not know. An upgraded firing pin was introduced at some point, my gun does have it. here is also a company making an aftermarket, beefed up, firing pin assy that's $100+.

There was also an issue with a spring in the frame that could come loose and render the firing assy inoperable. Again, an early gun issue, that situation has been addressed as well.

All that said...There seems to be two schools of thought on the 365; It's a neat little CCW gun OR ; It's an unreliable pistol and the owners are unwitting beta testers. With the gun not reliable enough for CCW. The SIG Forum probably has half a dozen or more ongoing threads on the issues with the gun.

I think this think is a great little CCW piece. If SIG does upgrades in the future I will get mine upgraded. I can relate to the angst of worrying if it will fail. Then again, over my 50 years of being a gun nut and thirty two as a Cop....I have seen all sorts of failures of both firearms as well as ammo. It's inevitable. Once saw a S&W M-28 that would not fire double or single action. The M-28 is their large frame magnum. Noted for being built like a tank. Revolvers are usually utterly reliable. The idiot cop carrying it would clean it by douching it out with WD-40 which then gummed up the works, rendering it inoperable.

I've seen dozens of ammo failures , from fails to fire with dead primers, to over pressure rds. It happens.

There is a lot of hate on the forums for this gun, one needs to actually FIRE one, read the information, get educated and make their own decision. me....I'm happy with mine and I'm carrying it.

Last edited by Frank237; 07-22-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #9357
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-...t=5%3a00+Email

In case anyone wants to take advantage of a ridiculous deal, good until noon tomorrow. Basically a free AR lower with the purchase of a P320 compact w/ SigLite night sights.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #9358
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-...t=5%3a00+Email

In case anyone wants to take advantage of a ridiculous deal, good until noon tomorrow. Basically a free AR lower with the purchase of a P320 compact w/ SigLite night sights.

Out of stock
Old 07-31-2018, 12:06 AM   #9359
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
After shooting my Colt Delta Elite in stock form for nearly two years I decided it was time for some upgrades. This pistol shoots great and is plenty accurate for me, I also love the trigger, it just doesn't have the fit and finish it deserves. Originally I had planned on just changing the grips and polishing a few things, but you know how that goes.

Here she is in stock form, not much to look at.

I didn't like how Colt pointed the radius around the thumb safety. My first task was to correct this by using 400 grit paper to reshape these areas.

And here it is after reshaping.

Next I fitted a Wilson Combat beavertail using their jig.

I also picked up an engraved mainspring housing form Altamont. These are provided in raw form, raw as in straight from cnc so you'll have to smooth and polish it. I used various grades of micromesh cloth to get this job done. It comes with a spring set already installed but I removed it and used the stock Colt parts. I also smoothed and polished the interior of the spring barrel to remove any burrs and ensure smooth operation.

Here it is after polishing.

To further enhance the look of the engraving it's necessary to add some contrast using black paint. I did some gold leafing too, I thought it was too over the top so I removed it and just left the black paint.

I used 400 grit 3M sandpaper and 3M fiber sanding cloth to put a brushed finish on all the parts of this pistol. I was going to use Satin-Glo on my bench polisher but as luck would have it the stuff had gone bad. You can get the same results with sandpaper and sanding cloth as I did here but, it sure would have been easier with the bench polisher.

Several beers later we're ready to begin assembly.

Parts list:

Wilson Combat Bullet Proof:
Beavertail grip safety(required fitting)
Tactical thumb safety(dropped in)
Tactical mag release
Tactical slide release
Flat wire recoil spring kit with shock buffer
Recoil spring plug
Firing pin stop (required fitting)
Pin set
Plunger tube set (spring is very strong, will see if it wears in)
Grip bushings
Torx grip screws

TJ's Custom Gunworks series 80 eliminator spacer

Stock Colt parts used:
Barrel bushing -refinished exterior
Trigger and sear assembly
Hammer -refinished exterior

Altamont mainspring housing

Burl wood grips

And here she is now, hope you like it.

BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #9360
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
I like everything...except the MSH. For what ever reason ,I have never cared for engraving. VERY nice job though.

Nothing like personalizing a pistol and making it into what YOU want. Same for a Custom rifle. It's Your idea of the perfect pistol or rifle. Even minor changes can make a big difference.

I'm a fan of the ten mm as well....Have a SIG 220 and a couple of the old, 1000 series S&W 3rd Gen autos. Just ran into a grizzly sow with two cubs 2 weeks ago in NW MT, middle of nowhere. Had the 220 with buffalo bore ammo. I'm certainly happy she didn't find me interesting, but it was nice to have the 220 closeby.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #9361
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Nice. Big fan of the 10mm here. Ain't much it won't do stuffed full of some Underwood Ammo. I have one of the early 1026's that according to the letter from Smith lists it as a former Virginia State Police issue side arm. Have some other neat 10 mm stuff that hasn't seen any the light of day in years.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #9362
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
I shot a hole through the seat and floor board of a 69 Camaro with a Delta Elite Gold Cup and a black talon. Looooongggg story.

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #9363
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Glock 19 gen4 (duty gun)
Glock 43 (off duty/ccw)
Springfield XD-M compact 3.8 stainless slide
Ruger SR1911
ATA NEO 12G semiauto 28in barrel
Mossberg Maverick 88 pump 12g with 18in security barrel (house gun)
Marlin 22 (first gun I ever purchased)
Custom built AR
RUGER PC carbine with Glock mag insert, fortis muzzle break, sig sauer Romeo 5 red dot (this is my bug out/SHTF gun breaks down and fits nicely into a backpack)
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #9364
BLK141SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
I like everything...except the MSH. For what ever reason ,I have never cared for engraving. VERY nice job though.

Nothing like personalizing a pistol and making it into what YOU want. Same for a Custom rifle. It's Your idea of the perfect pistol or rifle. Even minor changes can make a big difference.

I'm a fan of the ten mm as well....Have a SIG 220 and a couple of the old, 1000 series S&W 3rd Gen autos. Just ran into a grizzly sow with two cubs 2 weeks ago in NW MT, middle of nowhere. Had the 220 with buffalo bore ammo. I'm certainly happy she didn't find me interesting, but it was nice to have the 220 closeby.
Thanks! I did start to put a Wilson checkered mainspring housing on it since I had already gone with a brushed finish, chalk it up as a Texas thing. This is the first 10mm I've ever owned, I mostly shoot .45's. Thinking about picking up a big wheel gun like a Smith 629, I'm starting to get into the larger calibers. I've also been looking at the Cimarron cowboy guns, cool stuff.

I'm glad I don't have to contend with bears in my neck of the woods. The biggest game we have are hogs and the occasional mountain lion. Me and a buddy once stumbled upon a mountain lion den that was dug out under a pine tree. That was the scariest thing I've ever seen, bones everywhere, needless to say we got the heck out of there in a hurry.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:22 PM   #9365
BLK141SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Nice. Big fan of the 10mm here. Ain't much it won't do stuffed full of some Underwood Ammo. I have one of the early 1026's that according to the letter from Smith lists it as a former Virginia State Police issue side arm. Have some other neat 10 mm stuff that hasn't seen any the light of day in years.
Thanks, I haven't picked up any Underwood ammo yet, I've been looking though. Even standard loaded 10mm is a nice step up over .45 ACP.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:32 PM   #9366
BLK141SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm rat View Post
I shot a hole through the seat and floor board of a 69 Camaro with a Delta Elite Gold Cup and a black talon. Looooongggg story.
My friend works in a body shop and they had a guy bring in an old Ford Ranger with a rifle hole through the roof. They had been driving around on their lease when the guy in the passenger seat accidently discharged his rifle. Man, that thing caused some major damage! They didn't say what caliber, the roof was pretty bowed out around the hole. I bet their ears were ringing for weeks! Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until ready to fire. I guess he had buck fever.

Tags
camaro gun