Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #29
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Front isn't terrible but it isn't as good as I want it to be. The rear is just outright scary. I drive over a few bridges going to and from work every day. they are very bumpy and my car feels like it is going to bounce right off the bridge into the water. I need to find a fix to this asap or I'm taking them off

That cant be good. Im thinking about get the BC BR coilovers also. Curious to see what others are experiencing as well.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #30
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
That cant be good. Im thinking about get the BC BR coilovers also. Curious to see what others are experiencing as well.
look into ridetechs if you can swing it. They are far better lmo
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #31
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Front isn't terrible but it isn't as good as I want it to be. The rear is just outright scary. I drive over a few bridges going to and from work every day. they are very bumpy and my car feels like it is going to bounce right off the bridge into the water. I need to find a fix to this asap or I'm taking them off
Probably the 12 kg rear springs, if you have them setup right, your bushings are all timed you shouldnt have that severe a reaction. Its reacting as if on full soft and no control or full stiff and bouncing off everything. Also I found mime softened up after 5000 miles
Old 03-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #32
10' Camaro SC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 5th Gen 6spd SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
No, mine were just less stiff. I would play with settings. Also if lowered you need to retime the bushings, that can give bounce. Try more rear, say 10/13 or something like that
Quote:
so is my thinking correct that if I added more preload to the springs that they would make the car pogo stick bounce even more? and less preload equal less bounce/recoil?

im not a pro at suspense stuff so in my head the less pressure the springs have to deal with the less they want to expand and throw the back of my car to the sky as I go over different roads. I've upped the dampening to 15f 12r. It made the ride feel better BUT over certain undulating roads the car bounced so bad it felt like the rear tires were leaving the ground. was pretty frightening at highway speed I must say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Good to know.....
I talked to Taylor @ BC racing technical support. He said the new DR series would work with our chassis shock bodies. I believe the performance of the shock valving is suppose to be better then the BR series without the cost of the ER's. It's a digressive piston.

I'm waiting on the cost of 4 DR series shocks valved for new 8kg front SWIFT springs & 10kg rear BC springs.
10' LS3 Camaro 2SS (blacked out) - Edelbrock Supercharger, ZL1 rims, 275/315 tires, XS Power LT headers, 3" exhaust, twin tips, Edelbrock CAI, ZL1 fuel pump/ADM FPCM, VMax ported TB, JRE fuel mod, TR6ix plugs, ZL1 spoiler/splitter/grille, KW V1 coilovers, BMR sway bars, strut tower brace, trailing arms, toe links, Prothane radius arm & subframe bushings, Slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS brake lines, HURST short throw shifter, Scosche dash kit, Pioneer 7" radio, backup camera, Dyno - 520 rwhp/tq
10' Camaro SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #33
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
You might want to look into QA1 adjustable rear shocks for a softer ride with either 0/+1/-1 inch ride hight and they use the stock spring.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401006
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #34
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10' Camaro SC View Post
I talked to Taylor @ BC racing technical support. He said the new DR series would work with our chassis shock bodies. I believe the performance of the shock valving is suppose to be better then the BR series without the cost of the ER's. It's a digressive piston.

I'm waiting on the cost of 4 DR series shocks valved for new 8kg front SWIFT springs & 10kg rear BC springs.
Hmmmm ok. I emailed him today. He asked for pictures of my coils installed and for more description of my issue. I'll send pics when I get home. But if what you are saying is the case, I want these coils exchanged.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.

Last edited by ytown87; 03-29-2016 at 12:15 PM.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:33 PM   #35
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

With all that done to the DR's you will be looking at close to 1600, and at that point I would look at the Ridetechs for a few hundred more.

I have been trying to figure out why you are having so many issues with them. I have 65k on mine, and they feel better than they did when new.

I was quoted a price of 1300 for the DR's add 200 for the springs.....the DR pistons can be swapped into the BR bodies, unless they will just let you swap them out and you pay the difference.....

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #36
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
look into ridetechs if you can swing it. They are far better lmo
Ridetech are nice, have them on my car right now. Just got these in today though and will be going on in the next couple days

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #37
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
Ridetech are nice, have them on my car right now. Just got these in today though and will be going on in the next couple days

Lucky! A freind just put those and the rest of the dse setup on his car. Firm but no bounce! And handles great!
Old 03-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #38
10' Camaro SC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 5th Gen 6spd SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post

Why did you change coilovers? You selling the Ridetech's?
10' LS3 Camaro 2SS (blacked out) - Edelbrock Supercharger, ZL1 rims, 275/315 tires, XS Power LT headers, 3" exhaust, twin tips, Edelbrock CAI, ZL1 fuel pump/ADM FPCM, VMax ported TB, JRE fuel mod, TR6ix plugs, ZL1 spoiler/splitter/grille, KW V1 coilovers, BMR sway bars, strut tower brace, trailing arms, toe links, Prothane radius arm & subframe bushings, Slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS brake lines, HURST short throw shifter, Scosche dash kit, Pioneer 7" radio, backup camera, Dyno - 520 rwhp/tq
10' Camaro SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #39
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
With all that done to the DR's you will be looking at close to 1600, and at that point I would look at the Ridetechs for a few hundred more.

I have been trying to figure out why you are having so many issues with them. I have 65k on mine, and they feel better than they did when new.

I was quoted a price of 1300 for the DR's add 200 for the springs.....the DR pistons can be swapped into the BR bodies, unless they will just let you swap them out and you pay the difference.....
I have been trying to figure it out also. He shouldnt have this big a problem.Only thing I can come up with is:
Bushings not timed.
settings to stiff or soft. Or front rear settings not correct combo.
preset to stiff.

Mainly now thinking its the 12kg rear springs, unless all bc shocks come with these, though Pedders and megans dont . 672 lb springs are way stiff and the valving can't cope with this, hardly controls 10kg springs from all I have read from peoples input. Heck dse comes with 500 lb mainly though my friends are 630, but the valving can handle it. Firm and no bounce at all. If me I would try to replace the rear springs first
Old 03-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #40
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Why did you change coilovers? You selling the Ridetech's?
I liked the ridetechs wanted to try something a bit different though. Ridetechs are not available sorry.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote