Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Canadian Camaro summed it up perfectly.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
My white stripes (dealer install option), arrived no more than 2 days after my car, and was put on by an outside bodyshop stripe expert, because the dealer guys wouldn't touch it. I am very pleased with the application done on mine.

Last edited by SQUALO; 10-15-2009 at 11:44 AM.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I ordered my camaro on Jan.31 and picked her up on 6/26 w/ no stripes. I had to wait for two weeks. I kept calling the parts department my self and they told me the day they came in and made a app. w/ some guy they use to install them and he did a great job. I also thought they would be painted on and done at the factory. Oh, I paid $470 for my stripes
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #18
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
My "flat" black stripes from GM aren't so flat in the sun. Almost look like they have some metallic to them. Anyone else think so?

Notice the hockey stick...

Different angle. They're for sure black, not CGM.

5thGenCamaroChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
Another stupid question but I don't know how to search for this. I've seen some stripes that extend all the way to the VERY front of the car. So it has to break and then there are two more small stripes that extend. What do you guys feel about that? Is that a dealership purchased stripe package or aftermarket?
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #20
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Racing Stripes

I agree... they are NOT so flat... first thing I noticed...

I just got them done today, Black Berry photo, pic quality is alittle suspect.

Pick her up tomorrow... CLEAN!
Attached Images

67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #21
5thGenCamaroChick

[QUOTE=Ultimate_Bumblebee;689208]Another stupid question but I don't know how to search for this. I've seen some stripes that extend all the way to the VERY front of the car. So it has to break and then there are two more small stripes that extend. What do you guys feel about that? Is that a dealership purchased stripe package or aftermarket?[/QUOTE

I don't think you can those from the dealership. Check out this link in the Wiki. There's several stripe otpions there.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...R+%26+PHYSICAL
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #22
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
[QUOTE=5thGenCamaroChick;690358]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Bumblebee View Post
Another stupid question but I don't know how to search for this. I've seen some stripes that extend all the way to the VERY front of the car. So it has to break and then there are two more small stripes that extend. What do you guys feel about that? Is that a dealership purchased stripe package or aftermarket?[/QUOTE

I don't think you can those from the dealership. Check out this link in the Wiki. There's several stripe otpions there.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...R+%26+PHYSICAL
You mean like these? They are after market.

Name:  DSC_0058.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  144.8 KB

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
sheesh

Drives: nonr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Ultimate - You need to do a little reaserch on here. Stripes is a topic that has been greatly debated for some time. Hylton has an excellent thread on stripes. Search button is your friend. But here's a few tid-bits (guys - feel free to correct anything I mess up - if you know for sure it's wrong - but don't fire tomatoes).

- The stripes are vinyl
- blacks are flat black
- They are 3M, so they are good quality.
- I strongly recommend having your dealer take care of installation. They (like most) will chicken out and hire a professional to install them (mine did). BUT, IF they screw them up, their problem, not yours. And, if you order the stripes with the car (i.e. not just over the parts counter) then installation is included.
- ONLY white and cyber gray stripes are factory installed and ONLY on the 2LTs and 2SS's (that doesn't make sense - don't ask why)
- Proper installation of rear deck lid stripes (with a spoiler) requires removal of the spoiler. MAKE SURE that you check they adequately retightened the spoiler after reinstalation (but not over tightened).
- The stripes come in a big flat box. Will it fit in the car? probably yes as someone has said. Would it fit in such a way that they would ship them in the car? no.
- The Cdn price for the GM stripes is a bit pricy. But to have a quality shop install them using quality (vinyl) material, you're going to be in the same neighbourhood (maybe save $100 - unless you "know" somebody - remember, I said quality)
- Also on the price, I too wanted painted. I looked into that. Down the road I may get them painted (always the option to go vinyl to paint - not so much the other way around). Don't underestimate the cost of painted stripes. It is expensive. Again, for quality work, to properly reclear the entire panels, you're talking 3-4x the price of vinyl.

Lots of people will debate my points above re: price. But again, I'm talking about top quality workmanship and materials, WITHOUT the "I know a guy..." factor.

Take that for what you will - it's just my opinion - oh, and if you look hard enough you'll find posts by me stating that I would never want flat black vinyl stripes. Now that I have them, I wouldn't have anything else.
Dealers don't chicken out.. as I said before, 99% of dealers have a local graphics shop they trust to do all installations (i know, i used to work for one)

and #2.. factory stripes aren't installed in the factory, they're actually installed down the road from where I used to work at a subcontracted business. The business takes care of that + all the police stripes, ambulance etc.
sheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroChick View Post
My "flat" black stripes from GM aren't so flat in the sun. Almost look like they have some metallic to them. Anyone else think so?

Notice the hockey stick...

Different angle. They're for sure black, not CGM.

Your car looks good, and I do notice the slight sparkle when the sun hits it.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #25
5thGenCamaroChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Your car looks good, and I do notice the slight sparkle when the sun hits it.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #26
tiggerss

Drives: orange 2ss/rs
hello fellow canuck camaro fans, i have a iom 2ss/rs on order,in the meen time i have spent a lot of time researching and asking questions. about the strips, to have them painted on by "AUTO DREAMS" a high end restoration shop, i am looking at about 2500.00,it's a long process and the taping is extremely important. also if you are looking into ground effects you are looking at about 500.00 to 800.00 for paint and install. the manager of auto dreams told me that aftermarket may be cheaper but mostlikely will not fit the same, he told me if i wanted them to go with the g.m. ones.
tiggerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #27
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
Dealers don't chicken out.. as I said before, 99% of dealers have a local graphics shop they trust to do all installations (i know, i used to work for one)

and #2.. factory stripes aren't installed in the factory, they're actually installed down the road from where I used to work at a subcontracted business. The business takes care of that + all the police stripes, ambulance etc.
Second point I agree with you - at the old BMW facility. I've been there - point being they are done under the control of the GM mothership - not the responsibility of the dealer.

First point - disagree - Depends on the dealer. Mine chickened out. think of it - why would they pay an external co. to install them if they have their own body shop. the body shop will reinstall badges and small factory pin stripes after paint work. But those are easy. These stripes are BIG and require a professional touch. My dealer new that anything less than 99.999% perfect was going to be unsatisfactory with me (they've gotten to know me well ). So they wouldn't let their internal body shop guys near it. Probably figured the staller was cheaper than buying replacement sets if they screw it up. To me - that means they chickened out - and I that. Call it what you want.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #28
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerss View Post
hello fellow canuck camaro fans, i have a iom 2ss/rs on order,in the meen time i have spent a lot of time researching and asking questions. about the strips, to have them painted on by "AUTO DREAMS" a high end restoration shop, i am looking at about 2500.00,it's a long process and the taping is extremely important. also if you are looking into ground effects you are looking at about 500.00 to 800.00 for paint and install. the manager of auto dreams told me that aftermarket may be cheaper but mostlikely will not fit the same, he told me if i wanted them to go with the g.m. ones.
Thanks for the insight everybody! This is great! I wanted the "bumblebee" style stripes but I guess it won't be as good as the gm ones? It's so much cheaper though! Factory ones are $533 I think I remember for the option. The Bumblebee ones are $350 US. I might end up saving! What a dilemma!
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote