Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

Drives: 14' 2SS/RS 1LE built 4/22/14
Transport mode for winter storage!

Does anyone put their car in transport mode for storage?? This mode is used for long distance transportation or long periods of storage. It allows you to turn off certain electrical features in your car that continually stay on like your key fob, clock...etc.

2011-2015 Transportation Mode Reset Procedure For all 2014 Chevrolet Products
1. To turn the Transportation Mode on or off, it will be necessary to have all the doors closed.
2. Start the vehicle.
3. Activate the hazard flashers.
4. Press the brake pedal (automatic transmission) or clutch pedal (manual transmission).
5. Press and hold the Start/Stop button or turn the ignition key to the crank position for 10 to 15 seconds. The battery light will flash and the engine will start, but continue to hold the start button/key for approximately 10 to 15 seconds.
6. You will notice the radio will illuminate and the “Transportation Mode” message will disappear allowing you to be able to read the mileage.
7. The same steps are used to turn the Transport Mode feature on or off

Read more: http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/add...#ixzz3ID3uR4A0
2014 2SS/RS Red Rock Metallic, Recaro seats, sunroof, NPP, Nitto Motivo 275/40/20 front 315/35/20 back, Cold air inductions intake, elite catch can, Stainless Works 1 7/8" long tube headers w/hiflow cats, 20% tint, Intake rod mod by Gwatney Performance, Bo White ported & polished throttle body, powerbond 25% UDP, Howards Cam 226/236 duration- 525/525 lift 110 ....with a WHOLE bunch of fun added!!
XxScottxXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Interesting, but my Camaro never sleeps. Thanks for posting though.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
Does anyone put their car in transport mode for storage?? This mode is used for long distance transportation or long periods of storage. It allows you to turn off certain electrical features in your car that continually stay on like your key fob, clock...etc.

2011-2015 Transportation Mode Reset Procedure For all 2014 Chevrolet Products
1. To turn the Transportation Mode on or off, it will be necessary to have all the doors closed.
2. Start the vehicle.
3. Activate the hazard flashers.
4. Press the brake pedal (automatic transmission) or clutch pedal (manual transmission).
5. Press and hold the Start/Stop button or turn the ignition key to the crank position for 10 to 15 seconds. The battery light will flash and the engine will start, but continue to hold the start button/key for approximately 10 to 15 seconds.
6. You will notice the radio will illuminate and the “Transportation Mode” message will disappear allowing you to be able to read the mileage.
7. The same steps are used to turn the Transport Mode feature on or off

Read more: http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/add...#ixzz3ID3uR4A0
There seems to be a flaw in what you've put. You say in #2 to start the car, and then in #5, you say to start cranking the starter, "and the engine will start". But is was already running....And who in gods name holds their starter spinning for 15 seconds?

hmmmm
Old 11-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
There seems to be a flaw in what you've put. You say in #2 to start the car, and then in #5, you say to start cranking the starter, "and the engine will start". But is was already running....And who in gods name holds their starter spinning for 15 seconds?

hmmmm
Ever heard of GOOGLE!! Or maybe you can click on the link that I supplied!! Almost Every GM vehicle That has left the factory by rail car has been put in this mode!!
2014 2SS/RS Red Rock Metallic, Recaro seats, sunroof, NPP, Nitto Motivo 275/40/20 front 315/35/20 back, Cold air inductions intake, elite catch can, Stainless Works 1 7/8" long tube headers w/hiflow cats, 20% tint, Intake rod mod by Gwatney Performance, Bo White ported & polished throttle body, powerbond 25% UDP, Howards Cam 226/236 duration- 525/525 lift 110 ....with a WHOLE bunch of fun added!!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
....And who in gods name holds their starter spinning for 15 seconds?

hmmmm

Try it and see what happens. Once the engine is running, the starter won't engage if you turn the key to start. My dealer told me this when I bought the car - prevents damage especially if you used a remote start, get in, and turn the key to start by habit.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
For some reason, when I tried this, the car would not go into the "sleep mode". Nothing happened.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

I think they changed the sequence for the 2014....but I couldnt find that thread. Ill look again tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #8
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
how about a battery tender and set it and forget it. sounds a lot esay to me
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
Ever heard of GOOGLE!! Or maybe you can click on the link that I supplied!! Almost Every GM vehicle That has left the factory by rail car has been put in this mode!!
Yikes. Calm down....it's gonna be ok
Old 11-06-2014, 01:41 AM   #10
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:

hmmmm
GM's current electronic ignition is a momentary switch. You hit it and it activates the starting procedure and runs through all the necessary things to start the car.

It will not (I've tried it in my 2013 Equinox) - continue to turn the starter no matter how long you hold the key to start. It will only fire the starter once and that's it, and then believe the job is done. I imagine that if the PCM sees a constant "start" signal coming from the ignition switch - it will regard that as something else programmed into its system, such as described previously.

It's not like my 1994 Camaro which is literally a bridge of electricity to the starter and will allow the starter to damage the car if done wrong or held on more than the necessary time to start the car.

GM is making these things idiot proof (or attempting to).
Old 11-06-2014, 03:46 AM   #11
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ill have to do this with mine. I have a battery tender but ill do it anyway. I doubt the tender uses a enough electric to notice but putting it in transport mode will use less.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:35 AM   #12
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Ok so I tried this yesterday but unfortunately the link that another member posted didn't say anything about pressing the clutch for a manual. I was pressing the brake, holding the brake and everything else I could think of, except the clutch. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it today.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:39 AM   #13
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
First I heard of this. Putting mine into storage this weekend. Ugh, its going to be a long weekend getting it ready. I just use a battery tender.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #14
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
i parked my car for 5 months with no tender. i simply put it in neutral pull the ebrake and shut it off. fired up the first day i started just like it was started from the beginning.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote