Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #5643
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brads 1ss View Post
any body know of a good paintless dent removal company ,had a door from my garage hit a fender . Not real happy but it happened any input would be great . Missed the car show becuase I was so pissed
Check with Jarod at Motorsport Concepts......he has a friend that is a good PDR guy. 303-287-6060
The guy I used for my "Donkey attack" was not that good. But then again, I had a dent the size of a softball and now its the size of a dime!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #5644
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Hey James and Pepper . The Mcdonalds Cruise night is not until next tuesday as its the first tuesday of the month and today is May 31st... sorry.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #5645
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
CF driveshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Yep, just recieved the LPW rear diff cover to help hold things together. Better hold up.... otherwise from tranny to wheels would need a totally different setup! Carbon Fiber driveshaft should absorb some of the shock (when the replacement arrives and aluminum loaner comes out).
Wow! A carbon fiber driveshaft...nice! That will definitely take some of the shock out of the system. Very cool, but pricey. Just be super careful putting that sucker in. CF is super cool stuff, but if you nick it and create a weak spot, it makes for one hell of a "cool" explosion! I had a friend destroy one in a twin-turbo Mitsu, and once it went, you could sweep the remains up with a dustpan and broom. Crazy $hit!
Where did you find an LPW cover? I've been shopping for that for a while and was told it was not do-able....wtf?? ,,and please don't tell me it's a special-order item, as every vendor I've been ordering my parts from since last November has been saying that (or just plain lying), and my car is still apart in pieces.....with no hope in sight.

Rob
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #5646
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

ANYONE going to Bandi Tomorrow?
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Old 05-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #5647
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan View Post
To late on the DS advice,hpefully better luck with the 2nd one.
Ouch..
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #5648
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Not me. You can go alone you know practice so your not humiliated so bad when I do show.

Yes it's ME!
You know there is something about your posts that make it obvious who you are anyway...lol just sayin..
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #5649
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatingbent View Post
Any Cruises or car shows or anything coming up in Colorado sometime in july ...We are still thinking of going to Breknridge early to mid July
Early July is the Coolest Car Show in colorado in Estes Park. It is on the 4th of July and is the gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park. Would be a great family stop on your trip.

This is an awesome show with hundreds of cars from Classics to modern. Don and I went last year and you should arrive early if you want to be anywhere near the park and action. Bring chairs and cover and feel free to set up in the park. Great spot for a hot July day. Lots of window shopping and resteraunts close by for something to distract you. Family friendly event for sure. And Estes Park is the gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park so how could you go wrong with this choice.

http://www.estesparkcvb.com/calendar...1&eventid=2946

Watch Camaro Club of the Rockies events on Facebook for more activities and racing calandar
Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 05-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #5650
brads 1ss

Drives: 2010 VR 1SS / RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Check with Jarod at Motorsport Concepts......he has a friend that is a good PDR guy. 303-287-6060
The guy I used for my "Donkey attack" was not that good. But then again, I had a dent the size of a softball and now its the size of a dime!

Thanks I will give him a call
brads 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #5651
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Quote:
It wasn't quite as bad as you described thankfully. I don't think the epoxy/glue held and it spun. I followed him home though all the way from bandi. It was driveable just not raceable.
Did you get kicked off AGAIN?

Damn shame you arent going to be there. No wonder why the weather is suppose to be perfect. I think randy and I will both go now :>)
Old 05-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #5652
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Wow! A carbon fiber driveshaft...nice! That will definitely take some of the shock out of the system. Very cool, but pricey. Just be super careful putting that sucker in. CF is super cool stuff, but if you nick it and create a weak spot, it makes for one hell of a "cool" explosion! I had a friend destroy one in a twin-turbo Mitsu, and once it went, you could sweep the remains up with a dustpan and broom. Crazy $hit!
Where did you find an LPW cover? I've been shopping for that for a while and was told it was not do-able....wtf?? ,,and please don't tell me it's a special-order item, as every vendor I've been ordering my parts from since last November has been saying that (or just plain lying), and my car is still apart in pieces.....with no hope in sight.

Rob
You can find the LPW cover at http://lpwracing.com/Ultra_IRS/Ultra_IRS.html they have them in-stock, ready to ship.
They are $239.99 and doesn't come with a bushing. If you already have aftermarket rear diff bushings then you are alright. If not then you will need to buy some, since you can't get replacement GM factory bushings. GM doesn't sell the bushings separately, only in a complete rear end.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #5653
2010 SS RS

Ummmmm I am going to tell on you.. showing a link to pictures of hot rear ends....shame on you Don...lol
Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #5654
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #5655
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

GTO Conversion

I've seen the Trans Am conversions but never a GTO conversion...
Thoughts.......

Name:  Camaro_GTO.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  77.3 KB

Transamdepot.com
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #5656
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Retro Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
I've seen the Trans Am conversions but never a GTO conversion...
Thoughts.......

Attachment 247143

Transamdepot.com
Personally, I'd never do this to my car. However, I do like the look of nearly each of the FRONT ends of all the kits, but ALL the REARS look terrible! The bumpers are just massive, no matter how they try to break that up. It's not working for me. Looks like a flat wall with some lights peering out. That's my opinion on most new cars nowadays anyway, as the butt end always gets the least amount of design attention, and all the crumple zone and safety crap just perpetuates the problem. These kits just make that even more obvious. It's one of the first things I changed on my car, and I'm still not happy with the way it looks.. still working on that.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro