Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
I haven't been a member for a long time, but I see Viper get attacked in almost every thread he posts. He comes in posts something of sense that isn't along the lines of "LOL MY STOCK CAMARO JUST SMOKED A Z06..PWNED!!!" and you guys get all aggressive.

Some of you treat camaros like if they are bugattis or ferraris.... Not driving it in the rain? Jesus it's an affordable $30k car.. not a collectors edition million dollar car.

Let's stop acting like we are better than everyone please. As long as it's American, hell yeah.
You make a fair point

And I think it important to note that no "official" warnings were given. But this forum is pretty tolerant of other car owners. However, with that tolerance comes an insane amount of members that are only here to remind us the camaro isn't perfect and their car of choice is better here or there

Sometimes people forget just how long we've waited for a new camaro. And for something to challenge the gt500. Do we have our fair share of fanboys? Certainly. But as this is a camaro board we also expect that everyone here has some positive feeling for the camaro and should be tolerant of those of us that are still reeling in the cars success and what the future holds.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
Some of you treat camaros like if they are bugattis or ferraris.... Not driving it in the rain? Jesus it's an affordable $30k car.. not a collectors edition million dollar car.

Let's stop acting like we are better than everyone please. As long as it's American, hell yeah.
It's not the money man, it's the passion we have for Camaro's. Mine is off the charts. It's in my blood. This car is the pinnacle for me. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I just am a very passionate Camaro owner.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
And honestly, if I wanted to visit a modern muscle car board I'd look for one. Instead, I found C5, a board dedicated to the new Camaro.
He was here when he had the challenger, and anything stated about the other two he was jumping in and defending them. So take the criticism and learn from it. All 3 have their issues.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
You make a fair point

And I think it important to note that no "official" warnings were given. But this forum is pretty tolerant of other car owners. However, with that tolerance comes an insane amount of members that are only here to remind us the camaro isn't perfect and their car of choice is better here or there

Sometimes people forget just how long we've waited for a new camaro. And for something to challenge the gt500. Do we have our fair share of fanboys? Certainly. But as this is a camaro board we also expect that everyone here has some positive feeling for the camaro and should be tolerant of those of us that are still reeling in the cars success and what the future holds.
Excellent point and I for one am appreciative of such a forums. I've been on my fair share of forums run by fanboys and it gets old fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
It's not the money man, it's the passion we have for Camaro's. Mine is off the charts. It's in my blood. This car is the pinnacle for me. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I just am a very passionate Camaro owner.
Mine is in my blood too, trust me. I have one of seven in the entire country! I know how it is, I just don't see how some people refuse to take it out in the rain or get it a little dirty... At the end of the day it is to be driven.

Maybe I think differently since it is my DD (well I have a beater but I make myself DD my camaro cuz it's so awesome lol!).
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
very well said i am also like this about the camaro i loved the camaro since i was a kid my dream camaro is a midnight blue 69 350 SS but im only 21 right now and i got the next best thing a 10 camaro which i love dearly but i hope one day to get the old and still have the new

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote