Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #155
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
LOL...Hate to see all this friction going on, but oh well... I guess I need to insert the usual disclaimers: I'm not a basher...I like V6's...I think the ZL1 is great, can't wait to see 'em on the road...etc., etc.,

Just a thought, I think if the V6 guys would look at threads like this just as any other, you might see they go way off topic from what the op intended, with the usual misinterpretations, jabs in bad taste, etc. just like most other threads in this forum!! lol

So here goes another attempt: In regards to the op's post, I think the most correct answers were that GM made a conscious decision not to have a v6 performance package, based on economic factors at the time.
Also the response that stated the cars are all selling just fine, maybe better than expected, is not forcing them to make changes in the line-ups they offer. Thanks for listening.
Problem with this is that it would extend to the ZL1. They actually sold more SSs and less LS/LTs the first year than expected. So, why add a performance version of the V8 with all the economic factors at the time?

I don't think a performance version of the 1LS would be more costly than adding the RS package to a LT or SS. The development cost of this would definitely be less than went into the ZL1. After all, people have already put the brakes and sway bars from SSs on the LS/LTs, so we know it works. 3.73 gears should be an option for all the Camaros, LS/LT/SS alike IMHO.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 02-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote