Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Sirius XM: Buyer beware

Just posting this as a warning to anybody whose thinking about signing up for XM radio. They offered it when I bought my camaro last year and I wound up subbing even though I think the content is just OK.

Well a month ago I decided to let my sub run out and to say their customer service is horrible is an understatement. It's a scam.

My bank account was just charged $100 for a service that's apparently been disconnected from my car. The people you talk to on the phone have obviously been trained to obstruct and bullsh-t you when you try to have your account issues resolved.

If you're subbed and happy with it, great. Just make sure you review your bank account because I've checked around and they have a habit of of overbilling their customers.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
There have been countless complaints like this. Them just taking money out of bank accounts is just one of them. You can search reviews on google and they are all like this. I think XM has one of, if not the lowest, customer ratings out of any big businesses in the US and territories.

At one point, they were calling me 5-8 times A DAY to start a subscription. Until I finally threatened to file harassment charges against them.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have them bill me and then I pay by check.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
XM can go phuque themselves, horrible to deal with
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
wow that's ridiculous. These guys still call my house reguraly to bother me. DO YOU LIKE YOUR SIRIUS RADIO?? YES?? IS IT WORKING OK?? WANT TO PRE-RENEW EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE LIKE 6 MONTHS LEFT???

I need my country stations though. Still kills all the tripe we get down here on the local radio so i'll be keeping it.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #6
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
My only bad issue with them they fixed. Last year when I moved for work from Texas to Indiana I had to leave one of my pickups at a friends house in Louisiana. I called XM and disconnected my service to that rig. 5 months later I flew down to bring it up here to drive for the winter. When I called to have the it switched from the Alpine radio that was in my truck to the factory radio I put back in it I found out they never turned it off 5 months ago. I got them to credit me for that time frame and they gave me 3 months free on top of that.
They have treated me good with the exception of one bad rep on the phone. Don't know but it could have something to do with the fact that I have had continuous service with them since Nov 2001, the first week they were broadcasting. I've had DirecTV since the beginning too and they treat me like gold, just can't get rates from them. I think I do get better customer service because of longevity though.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
wow on both of my vehicles i call them up and tell them my price.. 6mo for $25 and they always do it!. just have to remember to do it before the 6mo is up or else they will charge you full pirce.

i tell them i they wont do it i will cancel! no problems ever.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
I had a problem when I cancelled a subscription on my 2006 Equinox. They charged me for an extra 2 months because I didn't call to cancel, although I was told that when this one ran out I was good. I paid it but swore never again. So when my 2012 Camaro free trial ran out and they called me to subscribe I told the woman off, funny they didn't shut it off for a year after that!

I use Ipod...cheaper all the way around and I now find in my 2013 Acadia that the signal is really crappy now for XM.
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #9
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
I've had my Camaro just over 7 months and XM is still sending me crap in the mail to subscribe. They called me so many times when the free period was ending that I had to tell them to put me on the do not call list. They were badgering me every day of the week!

I just think they'd save more money for their current subscribers if they didn't harass/advertise so much. I've practically filled a recycle bin with all of their mailings over the last 4 months.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #10
louf

Drives: 07 sil 06 imp 04 cav 59 cad
never give them your credit card number .they managed to bill me two years after I cancelled and had a new card with a different number
louf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
I have them bill me and then I pay by check.
+1

And I also tell them I want 6 months for $25.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
I have been a customer since 2008 and never had a problem, I don't remembering them calling me even once. I set up an account on line and manage it that way. I did have a portable receiver that I cancelled service on that I get offers to turn back on but it's no big deal.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Just make sure you listen very clearly when they go over everything when you pay fr your XM. They speak quickly with words some people never heard of. Clarify you only want a one time payment only, not re-occuring. They are highly trained salespeople be aware.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #14
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I told them my car was in storage and that I didn't drive it....until then it was nonstop soliciting
hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote