Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
clboyles13

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro
Muffler Only or Full Exhaust

Spoke with a buddy today about getting an exhaust in my 1LT and he told me to just go with the muffler instead of the full exhaust system. He's saying I'd still get the same hp and torque gains as well as sound. Just wanted to get the intake of some others before I made a decision
clboyles13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Our cars need Xpipes to sound good so if you get a catback make sure it has the xpipe. Or just replace the hpipe with the resonated xpipe and add whatever mufflers you want. Gains will be the same.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
no one sounds better than the other, honestly. just get an axle back, its cheaper and sounds just as good, if not better depending on which one you go with. i recommend a dynomax axle back exhaust.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
12WhiteLS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Our cars need Xpipes to sound good so if you get a catback make sure it has the xpipe. Or just replace the hpipe with the resonated xpipe and add whatever mufflers you want. Gains will be the same.
This is not necessarily true. Xpipes generally will offer better performance and a more exotic sound(more rasp). H pipes perform almost as good as x pipes and give the car more of the muscle car sound(blub blub). This is true for both v6 and v8 cars.

What the resonated xpipe gives you is the xpipe performance while muffling some of the rasp and drone you would expect with a free flowing exhaust. It's a great option and a lot of guys here go with just a resonated x pipe.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
This is not necessarily true. Xpipes generally will offer better performance and a more exotic sound(more rasp). H pipes perform almost as good as x pipes and give the car more of the muscle car sound(blub blub). This is true for both v6 and v8 cars.

What the resonated xpipe gives you is the xpipe performance while muffling some of the rasp and drone you would expect with a free flowing exhaust. It's a great option and a lot of guys here go with just a resonated x pipe.
Well we all have lfx cars so without header options our cars just cant sound much like muscle cars.. not a lot of blub blub with our high tech motors lol

I like the way the x-pipe makes it sound and I've NEVER had rasp, except with the stock exhaust. Your right though it does sound very exotic. I had corsa before with a non resonated xpipe and now I'm running the magnaflow resonated xpipe with a muffler delete. Neither has rasp.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
12WhiteLS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Well we all have lfx cars so without header options our cars just cant sound much like muscle cars.. not a lot of blub blub with our high tech motors lol

I like the way the x-pipe makes it sound and I've NEVER had rasp, except with the stock exhaust. Your right though it does sound very exotic. I had corsa before with a non resonated xpipe and now I'm running the magnaflow resonated xpipe with a muffler delete. Neither has rasp.
Idk about you but my car goes blub blub(not as deep as a v8)

H pipe gives a more mellow exhaust note...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186438

As far as the rasp, you ever happen to stand behind your car under hard acceleration with cold exhaust pipes?(without a resonated xpipe)
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote