Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #2871
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROMARO909 View Post
That's very understandable but a mustang really..... You would be better of with this as your DD
LEGIT
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #2872
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAviking14 View Post
Hey guys! I am going to buy a DD car so I don't have my nice headturner at school where it could get wrecked by some college student who doesnt care about cars... Any recommendations?
I'm on the search for a daily driver as well. I don't trust parking my car anywhere, and I hate watching the miles rack up on it. I've only owned it almost 5 months and have 3500 miles already. That's dumb as all hell.

The 93-97' Toyota Corolla's are supposed to be bullet-proof in terms of reliability for the most part (depending upon mileage and previous care/maintenance) of course. They are many other vehicles out there to get that should provide for a reliable daily driver. A decent vehicle can be found under $3000, just be selective and patient. When buying, or looking at the vehicle, ask the owner if he or she agree to allow you to bring it to a mechanic for an inspection. You want to at least what parts will need replacement in the near future, how much it will cost, etc. If the owner doesn't agree, don't buy it.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #2873
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I'm on the search for a daily driver as well. I don't trust parking my car anywhere, and I hate watching the miles rack up on it. I've only owned it almost 5 months and have 3500 miles already. That's dumb as all hell.

The 93-97' Toyota Corolla's are supposed to be bullet-proof in terms of reliability for the most part (depending upon mileage and previous care/maintenance) of course. They are many other vehicles out there to get that should provide for a reliable daily driver. A decent vehicle can be found under $3000, just be selective and patient. When buying, or looking at the vehicle, ask the owner if he or she agree to allow you to bring it to a mechanic for an inspection. You want to at least what parts will need replacement in the near future, how much it will cost, etc. If the owner doesn't agree, don't buy it.

Yea but it's a 93-97 corolla lmao. You need to have something cool at least or a old Toyota truck. You always need a truck
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #2874
bajamoon

Quote:
......... That is NOT a headturner! Haha

That's a head turner for sure. Turns your head away from it lmao.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #2875
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Yea but it's a 93-97 corolla lmao. You need to have something cool at least or a old Toyota truck. You always need a truck
Hahahahaha, that would be AWESOME if I could afford a badass daily driver, but I've sunk to much money into the Camaro. So, I'll be rolling in a fart mobile. I'll just tint the windows, so nobody can see that I'm the one driving it, lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #2876
bajamoon

Quote:
Hahahahaha, that would be AWESOME if I could afford a badass daily driver, but I've sunk to much money into the Camaro. So, I'll be rolling in a fart mobile. I'll just tint the windows, so nobody can see that I'm the one driving it, lol.
lmao. wear a helmet too so people think you are "special" lmao.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #2877
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Quote:
i consider DD car cause of the gas. Its hurting my pocket. But i dont like stangs or JDM cars passing me on the freeway either. So id rather drive my camaro. Lol
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #2878
bajamoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent orange View Post
i consider DD car cause of the gas. Its hurting my pocket. But i dont like stangs or JDM cars passing me on the freeway either. So id rather drive my camaro. Lol

Same here. Got mine in may and I passed 6,000 miles this weekend.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #2879
TCAT

Quote:
Yeah, I already picked up one of those "speed" helmets that are for downhill skiing that look like something out of the movie "Aliens". It'll make me feel like the Corolla's a total beast.

Quote:
Same here. Got mine in may and I passed 6,000 miles this weekend.
Damn, welcome to the club, lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #2880
BROMARO909
SO CAL HEAD TURNERS

Drives: 2010 CHEVY BROMARO
Quote:
Yea just put 5% all around no one will know. It would be nice to have a beater to drive around and not car what happens to it when you park it. I would prob get an old chevy truck and rattle can it flat black! Haha
APPEARANCE MODS: STILLEN FRONT SPLITTER, CUSTOM PAINTED BOWTIE, TINTED FOGLIGHTS, BLACKED OUT RIMS, CUSTOM PAINTED BRAKE CALIPERS, BLACKED OUT KEYHOLE, 35% FRONT 15% REAR WINDOWS, TINTED TAIL LIGHS, BLACKED OUT TRUNK LID. LIGHTING MODS: BFXENON 6K HID KIT, STEALTH TURN SIGNAL BULBS, LED FOG LIGHT BULBS.
INTERIOR MODS: RED LED BULBS IN MAP/TRUNK, FLAT BLACK CLUSTER BEZEL, CUSTOM PAINTED SHIFTER BEZEL
PERFORMANCE MODS: BLASTIN BOBS AXLEBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM, HURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER, H&R SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS
BROMARO909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #2881
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent orange View Post
Absolutely man! I'd much rather drive my Camaro.

Quote:
Yea just put 5% all around no one will know. It would be nice to have a beater to drive around and not car what happens to it when you park it. I would prob get an old chevy truck and rattle can it flat black! Haha
Haha, yeah that would be awesome. I love when you don't have to care about door dings, idiot people, etc. I want to be able to park in the most tight parking spots and laugh as I walk away, lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #2882
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
That's a head turner for sure. Turns your head away from it lmao.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #2883
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
car show in burbank

Sorry for the delay guys, I just uploaded the pics from my camera on to my computer
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #2884
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
Sorry for the delay guys, I just uploaded the pics from my camera on to my computer
Suuuuuuuuuper Late !!!! lol