Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #29
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmeria View Post
Steve, I am a noob, I would like to tune my L99, since the special is on.
Can you PM what to do please
Thank you
He sends you the SCTx4 tuner that you plug into your car and copy the stock tune. You email that to him and he emails you back a glorious one!

You upload that to your car with the handheld device. You start the car, hammer it and hang on!
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #30
stmeria

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
He sends you the SCTx4 tuner that you plug into your car and copy the stock tune. You email that to him and he emails you back a glorious one!

You upload that to your car with the handheld device. You start the car, hammer it and hang on!
Do you send him your mods too ? Or the stock tune will have all the info about the aftermarket parts ? Also I have a throttle controller will I still need it after tune ?
Thanks for your response
Old 06-07-2016, 12:34 PM   #31
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Quote:
Do you send him your mods too ? Or the stock tune will have all the info about the aftermarket parts ? Also I have a throttle controller will I still need it after tune ?
Thanks for your response
I will need a list of all the mods you have done to the vehicle and what octane of fuel your running plus the stock .sul file and then i can get you dialed in, and no you will not need to buy a controller controller after i do the tune as i will do this as a part on the tune anyway sir

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #32
stmeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
I will need a list of all the mods you have done to the vehicle and what octane of fuel your running plus the stock .sul file and then i can get you dialed in, and no you will not need to buy a controller controller after i do the tune as i will do this as a part on the tune anyway sir
Thank you so much, I am really excited!
Old 06-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #33
qcman

Quote:
Thank you so much, I am really excited!
That L99 is going to shock you when Steve is done with it.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #34
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Got my tune today. Just got done loading it and taking it for a 'lil drive. I thought after I put the headers and HFC on there was a difference. The car is so much smoother and I can really feel the difference with my mods. The tune obviously brought everything together. I cant wait to put on the rest of my goodies, their just waiting patiently in boxes. Thanks DynoSteve and RDP Motorsport for the tune and great deal!
Forged 376, E85, milled GMPP ported heads, Night Fury, Vmax TB, GPI rod mod manifold,Improved racing,Melling,ATI, DSE, DW, BTR, Smith Brothers, McLeod twin RXT, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Vararam OTR intake,Tick,Elite CC,Kooks headers/HFC,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #35
Halabm

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Hats off to RDP again. My StainlessWorks Headers and Cats went in today along with Steve's tune. Combined with my Borla Attak mufflers and K&N CAI the car sounds and runs just awesome. I can't thank Steve and Victor enough!
Halabm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:15 PM   #36
stmeria

I got my tune today and let me start by thanking Steve, he worked on my custom tune on his day off and when I had problems with my car he went above and beyond to help me with my problems and finally I got it to work.
here is advice for future tuners
1- Do not open doors while updating the tune.
2- if the SCT freezes and the car doesn't turn on, unplug the battery and it should work again.

Finally I want thank Steve again, this is the best customer service I have ever seen.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #37
qcman

Quote:
I got my tune today and let me start by thanking Steve, he worked on my custom tune on his day off and when I had problems with my car he went above and beyond to help me with my problems and finally I got it to work.
2- if the SCT freezes and the car doesn't turn on, unplug the battery and it should work again.

Finally I want thank Steve again, this is the best customer service I have ever seen.
Glad he got you sorted. So how is the car now that it's tuned?
Old 06-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #38
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:

When I did my update I had my driverside door open and was scared to even adjust the volume on the radio. I know that it has nothing to do with the ECU, but I though "it would be my luck.". I just sat there patiently waiting. lol The tune rocks and my car is so much more fun to drive.
Forged 376, E85, milled GMPP ported heads, Night Fury, Vmax TB, GPI rod mod manifold,Improved racing,Melling,ATI, DSE, DW, BTR, Smith Brothers, McLeod twin RXT, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Vararam OTR intake,Tick,Elite CC,Kooks headers/HFC,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:10 PM   #39
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
When I did my update I had my driverside door open and was scared to even adjust the volume on the radio. I know that it has nothing to do with the ECU, but I though "it would be my luck.". I just sat there patiently waiting. lol The tune rocks and my car is so much more fun to drive.
Haha me too I didn't dare lower the window and turned the radio off to be on the safe side. One tune froze and I called Steve in a panic after hours. You can't imagine how how glad I was that he still answered the phone lol. Needless to say he helped me and all was good
Old 06-12-2016, 08:54 AM   #40
havelegs

Drives: 2015 1SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Haha me too I didn't dare lower the window and turned the radio off to be on the safe side. One tune froze and I called Steve in a panic after hours. You can't imagine how how glad I was that he still answered the phone lol. Needless to say he helped me and all was good
My tune froze too and I got so scared. I called Steve, left a message and I got a call back. I was in super panic mode.
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #41
stmeria

The car is much better compared to stock, I didn't get a chance to take it out yet, I did a quick lap around the block and I was pleased
Old 06-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #42
stmeria

I have a quick question, after the tune I noticed the shifting is hard between first and second, don't get me wrong it spins tires between gears, my question is it going to hurt the transmission in the long run ?

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning