Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
CJ27

Drives: Chevrolet camaro zl1
6spd question

Anyone else notice a lot of pedal feed back when using the clutch? Like feeling the engine vibrations in the pedal.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ27 View Post
Anyone else notice a lot of pedal feed back when using the clutch? Like feeling the engine vibrations in the pedal.

Nope..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #3
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Are you referring to when clutch is halfway out or so you feel pedal vibrate some? Mine does it a little if going very low speed like stop and go traffic using clutch some.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
CJ27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
Are you referring to when clutch is halfway out or so you feel pedal vibrate some? Mine does it a little if going very low speed like stop and go traffic using clutch some.
I feel it then but even if u just lightly touch the pedal while moving under a light load just cruising. Just wondering if my throw out barring or something is going. The clutch still engages and releases fine just I don't remeber feeling so much vibration though the pedal.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
That would be the result of the flywheel having score or burned marks so your clutch plate starts to chatter because it can’t smoothly engage the flywheel surface.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #6
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
That would be the result of the flywheel having score or burned marks so your clutch plate starts to chatter because it can’t smoothly engage the flywheel surface.

Thanks. Good to know.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:28 AM   #7
CJ27

Quote:
Sounds like its time for new clutch and flywheel then. Thanks. Just engaging normally like starting in first it's fine and smooth just noticed if my foot lightly touches it while moving I feel vibrations thought it.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:39 AM   #8
CJ27

Any clutch package recommendations?
Old 11-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #9
ZMEnow

Quote:
Any clutch package recommendations?

That response was for 12Oclock, not you CJ. I didn't comment on yours because there wasn't enough data to respond. A vibration in the clutch pedal could be anything in the driveline starting with the engine, throw-out bearing, damaged or broken springs in the Clutch disk, trans, drive shaft, especially the center bearing that connects the two halve shaft's.

Keep in mind you have a hydraulic clutch so the pedal is not connected to the trans like an old slave cylinder fork, so if you are feeling a vibration it’s throughout the car and just isn’t bad enough to feel it yet.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:55 PM   #10
CJ27

Quote:
That response was for 12Oclock, not you CJ. I didn't comment on yours because there wasn't enough data to respond. A vibration in the clutch pedal could be anything in the driveline starting with the engine, throw-out bearing, damaged or broken springs in the Clutch disk, trans, drive shaft, especially the center bearing that connects the two halve shaft's.

Keep in mind you have a hydraulic clutch so the pedal is not connected to the trans like an old slave cylinder fork, so if you are feeling a vibration it’s throughout the car and just isn’t bad enough to feel it yet.
Had the same thoughts when I'm driving it. I'll do some more digging but have a feeling it is clutch related.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #11
ZL1blue

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I put a Mcleod rxt clutch in mine, along with a hurst short shifter. Love it.
Attached Images

Tint, wheels, Michelin PSS, Kook LT headers, HF cats, 1050injectors, 5% pulley, Mcleod 1000hp clutch, 160 thermostat, spark plugs and cables, Eibach springs, hurst shifter, CAI, Anderson carbon hood, carbon rockers, front and rear carbon valence, carbon spoiler, Oracle side markers and side mirrors, stainless door kicks, carbon strut tower brace, carbon supercharger cover, southern car parts engine bay kit, seperate clutch reservoir, kenwood DDX990 4s with appple car play.
ZL1blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
ZMEnow

Quote:
Had the same thoughts when I'm driving it. I'll do some more digging but have a feeling it is clutch related.

With that RWHP and I am guessing you are not the original owner, it only takes a few slips to smoke the original.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:42 AM   #13
CJ27

Quote:
With that RWHP and I am guessing you are not the original owner, it only takes a few slips to smoke the original.
I bought it stock with 6k miles on it. It's at 38k now. Been a few accidental starts in 3rd from a stop thinking it was in 1st. Other then that hp with some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls is all the abuse it sees.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:43 AM   #14
CJ27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1blue View Post
I put a Mcleod rxt clutch in mine, along with a hurst short shifter. Love it.
How much did the clutch install run?