Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #43
WS580
wseditions

Drives: 12callaway14Siliverado14RXFsport
I lik the ZL1 also but just had to hav some hp and as the time ticked away the callaway looked better an better...I trade my 45th with 285miles on it the car was nice but it just didt hav that punch....Still want a ZL tho...

Does anyone know what the rwhp is on the Callaway?
WS580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #44
REVENGE

Drives: 1999 Mustang GT
The Callaway looks too much like a stock Camaro.
REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #45
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
The Callaway looks great no doubt, not to mention the hp that comes with it.

However, for ME, I want zee whole package that comes with the ZL1 where everything was built with each component in mind from diff to electronics...they compliment each other.
With that said, if I can't get a Zl1 I wouldn't turn down a Callaway should one come my way.

It is a Great alternative!
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #46
WS580
wseditions

Drives: 12callaway14Siliverado14RXFsport
Ovrkll very well Put i agree at this point and time the callaway plays the part its not just ur avg camaro people look at the car and go whats that.. so with that being said u dont see callaways at every stop light.
WS580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #47
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
What packages are on your Callaway? I would speculate you would see somewhere around 490-500 rwhp.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #48
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
I would get the ZL1.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
We need to encourage the aftermarket camaros to compete along with the zl1; That way we can keep the mustang and its aftermarket versions covered!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #50
kbar4782

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
No offense, but the Callaways just look like regular SS Camaros with a hood and maybe a lower splitter. I'd go for the ZL1.
+1
kbar4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #51
Rip City John

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Callaway tuned
Based on my personal experience I would suggest steering clear of Callaway. I have what could be considered Callaway Camaro number 00, the very first one built in Sept/Oct 2009. I bought it used last June.
Since then I've contacted Callaway about a couple of things. For one the injector covers on my car are the originals cut to fit around the supercharger. They fit very poorly/loosely. Callaway now has injector covers that fit properly. I inquired and they won't sell them to me. The response I got from Chris Chessnoe at Callaway was I would have to upgrade my car to the ‘full Callaway specifications’ for $7,405 plus tax if I want them. He explained that is my only option.
In contrast, I had a problem with one of the Eibach Pro Kit struts on the car. I contacted Eibach about it and they confirmed I had an early version of the Camaro kit. They sent me new front struts and springs at no charge whatsoever. I was blown away by how helpful they were. I was fully prepared to buy a new strut but they sent it all for free.
I love the car but I wish Callaway could find a better balance between customer service and seeking profit. At the same time I understand it's their business and their decision to make.
Rip City John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #52
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
thats shitty of them, that type of customer service, or lack thereof, is what keeps people from coming back!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #53
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
thats shitty of them, that type of customer service, or lack thereof, is what keeps people from coming back!
Or going there to begin with...
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #54
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
happy callaway here.. repeat callaway is a super blast
chd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #55
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip City John View Post
Based on my personal experience I would suggest steering clear of Callaway. I have what could be considered Callaway Camaro number 00, the very first one built in Sept/Oct 2009. I bought it used last June.
Since then I've contacted Callaway about a couple of things. For one the injector covers on my car are the originals cut to fit around the supercharger. They fit very poorly/loosely. Callaway now has injector covers that fit properly. I inquired and they won't sell them to me. The response I got from Chris Chessnoe at Callaway was I would have to upgrade my car to the ‘full Callaway specifications’ for $7,405 plus tax if I want them. He explained that is my only option.
In contrast, I had a problem with one of the Eibach Pro Kit struts on the car. I contacted Eibach about it and they confirmed I had an early version of the Camaro kit. They sent me new front struts and springs at no charge whatsoever. I was blown away by how helpful they were. I was fully prepared to buy a new strut but they sent it all for free.
I love the car but I wish Callaway could find a better balance between customer service and seeking profit. At the same time I understand it's their business and their decision to make.
Hi John, I see you found the forum. Nice first post...

To be clear about your car, as explained on the phone when you contacted our company, we said we would "finish the build" for the difference between what the original customer paid and the current price for our Callaway SC package. You declined.

Later, when we met at a show in Portland and you spoke to me with a very angry tone - enough to upset a customer of ours at the show, I listened to all you said... Even with your behavior demonstrated, I said I would re-examine the concern and get back to you, which I did...

Here's the deal... Your car was built as a Camaro, which we supercharged - it is NOT a Callaway SC Camaro, nor was it badged as such. It did not receive the Callaway documentation or Powertrain Warranty, or any of the specific Callaway trim pieces. However, You asked for "the rest of the conversion" for free, or at least sell you a badge or two, and some injector covers, etc. As you know, we declined - we would build as the package, but not sell piecemeal.

Upon review of the records, I followed-up with you about the specifics to which again, you declined to convert the car to Callaway specs. You asked for "this", you wanted "that" - and thought we should provide "these" parts for free...

Sir, the person who commissioned the car asked for us to supercharge the car before there was a Callaway SC program - once the package was defined, we offered it to them to build the car to Callaway SC specs. They declined, as they weren't really using the car and soon placed it for sale...

But YOU KNEW THIS before buying, as Joanne in our office explained the car and how it was equipped. This was on the 27th of June, 2011. By June 30th, you purchased the car...

That said, the fact of the matter remains, we SHOULD be able to recoup the costs associated with bringing your car up to Callaway SC specs and the difference in pricing, was the difference between our current cost of the SC package and what the original buyer paid Callaway.

This isn't a customer relations issue, as we spoke to you with respect. We corresponded with you after you yelled and screamed at me, and berated one of our customers (their words, not ours), and still we provided a price and option for updating your car to current specs, but you further declined.

We are glad you enjoy the car and hope you continue to enjoy it as constructed. But we also ask you think about your message and what you are trying to convey. And should you decide to convert your car to Callaway specs, we'll work with you however possible.

Best regards,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
Please see the "rest of the story" above, not just one side from someone who might not have understood what they bought from a used car outlet. We tried to help, but to no avail. I hope this helps

Last edited by Callaway Chris; 03-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #56
Rip City John

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Callaway tuned
Chris,
It's nice to hear from you. The funny thing about me is I keep all my old email. That includes our correspondence of course. Your memory of the show seems to have changed. Your email dated July 26, 2011 starts "It was good to meet you this past weekend and see your Camaro at the show in Oregon." Evidently it wasn't good after all.
The emails also reflect I never requested anything for free. What I said in my June 30, 2011 email was "Are you sure I can’t persuade you to sell me one little Callaway badge?" I also inquired about the injector covers.
I was then and still might be willing to pay a reasonable amount for the injector covers. However, it sounds like you still aren't willing to sell them to me.
To be clear, I'm not trash talking Callaway or making any personal attacks. There's no all caps or bold text in my post. I'm just relating my experiences with your company to other Camaro enthusiast.
Rip City John is offline   Reply With Quote