Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
My FIRST 5th Generation Camaro Experience

I found out last week that I’d be traveling to Southern California for work again, and that we’re actually starting to get new Camaros; finally. I learned that Rancho Valley Chevrolet had just put one up on the showroom, and that it was literally a minute off of the freeway that I’d be taking, so I thought I’d stop buy and try to get a look, take some pics’, and spend some time with the car that I’ve been waiting so long for.

As I walked in, I noticed her, in all her beauty. It was a black 1LT (I think) with the black/gray cloth interior and was equipped with an automatic tranny, 18-inch wheels, and sunroof. I was hoping for an SS or RS-packaged car, but it wasn’t a disappointment in the least. Anyways, the guys at Rancho Chevy were pretty open to me looking at the car and taking pictures. It turned out, to my recollection, they thought they had just received another RS SS that was going through PDI and came with 21s and the ground effects package. I didn’t ask to see the car, because I was on a lunch break and had to get back on the road, but they seemed pretty open to my questions.

There were a number of things that crabbed my attention. The interior materials had a quality look, in my opinion. I liked the lack of a glossy appearance and I though everything had a nice texture. I would’ve liked it more if, the dashboard, for example, had a softer feel to it, but I don’t spend a lot of time rubbing on it, so that wasn’t a biggie. Another detail was the steering column and it’s telescoping feature. I found it was easier to get comfortable to the pedals and be able adjust the column length to a comfortable position (very nice). I liked the feeling of the seats too. They felt comfortable and had a nice feel to the cloth. I noticed it was easier to get in and out of, more so than my ’95 and ’02. It seems you sit higher in the chassis and can just fall out of the car instead of have to climb out. I'd say there was a little claustrophobia because I'm used to T-tops, and the windows were just chopped. I didn't have a problem with it; it won't be any more difficult to get used to anymore than the crazy windshield on a 4th Gen. The V6 exhaust had an H-pipe, so I’m confused as to if the V8 is getting the X-pipe; not too big a concern though. The intake box opening was behind the driver’s side headlight (I’m wondering if there’s an improvement with the GMPP CAI over the OEM design in this respect and if an open-element filter relocated outside of the engine compartment will yield any gains in terms of picking up cooler air). I loved the cowl induction-style of the hood, looking through the windshield; it gives me a feeling of the car being more muscular. I loved the curves of the quarter panels. The engine compartment seemed to have a lot of space, so maybe it will be pretty easy to access the V6 and V8 for mods’ and maintenance. The radio and climate control were certainly different, but I liked the look and layout. I can’t wait to see a car with the Four Pack. Overall, there wasn’t a detail that I had a problem with; very nice in every respect.

Anyways, enjoy the pics’ and I just wanted to give Mr. Frank Chyu a shout-out for letting a crazy guy come in and spend some time and take some pictures of our baby. If you have questions, I wouldn’t hesitate in giving these guys a call and see what they can work out with you.

Rancho Valley Chevrolet, Inc.
One Rio Rancho Road
Pomona, CA 91776
(800) 675-4924
Attached Images

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
That was your first experience. I'm surprised Radz. I would have guessed you have seen it by now.

Glad that you liked what you saw. I have seen it ten times and sat in it on three occasions, and I love this car..
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Very nice
Old 04-29-2009, 05:56 AM   #5
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
I enjoyed both your post and your photos! Thanks for taking the time to share 'em with us.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Yeah - first experience. I've just never been able to see one at a show and we don't get many in my area. Living about seven hours from LA doesn't help, but I was really excited to finally see it. I couldn't believe how my legs were all rubbery and I was just flush with excitement.

I learned that there was an SS sold about ten miles from where I live, so it may be time to get out to the big dealers in my area and see if there are any more. That one sold for $10K over sticker...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Man I'm so glad I ordered that Black on Black connection. I almost went with the silver but its something about that black that sets any car off. Especially when it clean.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
That..........................is..............a... ....................shiny.......................sh iny............................................... .......car.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
That..........................is..............a... ....................shiny.......................sh iny............................................... .......car.
It sure is!! Those wheels are a bit too shiny to me... I dunno, they just don't look right for some reason...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote