Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #15
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
I love my convertible. Only issue I have is a little wind noise from the back, but no leaking! I will put up with the wind noise rather than having them "try" to fix it and screw it up more.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
I love my convertible. Only issue I have is a little wind noise from the back, but no leaking! I will put up with the wind noise rather than having them "try" to fix it and screw it up more.
smart
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #17
basecar

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS
GM bought my 2011 back and I got an 2013. No problems as yet, its been since Oct 12 and only 1900 miles. Like the upgrades on the 13.
basecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #18
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
A few months ago guys were saying a new top was coming out this April. Does anyone know if that prediction is correct?
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Up until December I thought I was doing well with my Feb '11 build. I had the top replaced in Jun 11 for the wear holes, then the TSB's performed last spring when they were published. I've babied the top since then and inspect it every time I raise or lower it. In December '12, I discovered the 5th bow broken, even though the top hadn't been down for several weeks. They fixed it quickly and all seemed right. Then last month, while at the London Bridge gathering, we experienced heavy rains and my back floor was soaked. That was only the second heavy rain my car was exposed to, so it looks like I need the water management bag replaced. Then this weekend at the car show, I raised my top, and the whole section below the back window came up out of the car with the rubber seal flapping in the breeze! The new 5th bow lasted less than 7 weeks.
I stopped by the dealership yesterday. I told them I'm expecting a full top and water management bag replacement before my warranty expires. They are doing some research. The service rep seems to agree that replacing it at this point, and while its out for the water management bag, is the best option. I hope to hear from him today. More to come...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Remember if you have documented issues with your top or any other component that are unresolved or on going, the warranty time limit is NOT an issue. GM has to make it right.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Still happy with my 2012 built in September 2011, it sits outside 24/7 there has been a lot of heavy rains along with several snows. No problems. I can't wait for spring....
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #22
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
My latest update (seeing as how she is away for the winter);

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
Thought I would post up an update to, what the dealership told me at the time, was the first install of the "newest" top.

Was installed July 9-12 by factory reps and the head mechanic at the dealership. It was a "fabric only" install (though the design was different as well).

We have since gone 3200 miles on her with NO rub marks. That problem seems to be fixed with this newest top (knocks on wood hoping he didn't jinx himself ). When we received it, the top would not go all the way up. There was approximately a 1" light gap between the top and the windshield. That is now gone.

There are some adjustment wires over both doors (they are run between the bow and the top) that were very pronounced and looked to be starting rub marks. Those were adjusted but they are still a bit pronounced. They do not show the start of rub marks now.

There were some "waves" on both rear quarters. They are pretty much disappearing.

There was some wind noise (above 55mph) that was addressed a thousand (?approx) miles in. The noise went away but it appears to be coming back again (probably due to the onset of the colder weather).

The doors do not index like the previous top. There is a very slight catch on the top as you open the door. If you open it up slowly, you can make the door not catch. The dealership said this was normal. They said they had a 2013 on the lot that did the same. I reminded them that my other top did not do this and I had shown them repeatedly prior to the installation. I also remeinded them that I had it on video. After the shrugs and silence, I told them it will just be a point to watch for. If the top starts to show anything, or the door shows anything, we'll address it at that time.

The only current problems I have is there seems to be a problem with the moulding on the driverside door and the way the top sheds water.

The problem with the moulding is that during any amount of rain, if you open the driverside door (obviously when you are parked ), there is a spot right at the joint of the top of the roof and the windshield, where the water will pour down right onto you in your new dress and hair-do. The passenger side does not do it and I can see on that side that the dripping water is channeled down the front side moulding. So this appears to be an adjustable fix (which obviously I will bring to the dealer).

The other problem is if you crack the window slightly while moving (in even a soft mist), the water will pour down in through the window (the previous top did not do this). It appears to be at that spot where the wires poke up, so I'm not sure about this being addressed.

So for you future searchers on this particular updated top, that's my current "success" story.

MB
Oh I also did notice that the trunk seal was being worn through by the wire loom going into the trunk. As we know, a "known" problem and will be addressed in the spring.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
pk79
Purveyor of Mirth

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/RS Convertible
Concerned New Camaro owner!

Just bought my 2012 1LT vert new last Friday and I am reading all about these top issues and I'm getting worried! Mine has a build date of 9/11 and there seems to be a larger gap on the driver side as I show in the first pic below....is this normal? All these stories of leaking and top issues make me wonder if this thing has been sitting out at the dealership for awhile with this. Any input/advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

pk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk79 View Post
Just bought my 2012 1LT vert new last Friday and I am reading all about these top issues and I'm getting worried! Mine has a build date of 9/11 and there seems to be a larger gap on the driver side as I show in the first pic below....is this normal? All these stories of leaking and top issues make me wonder if this thing has been sitting out at the dealership for awhile with this. Any input/advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

They need to adjust the top and lubricate the rubber strip... Make sure they have done all the service bulletins too... Mine was built the same month yours was and so far mine has been great after 8 months and over 8,000 miles and several hundred top cycles. What's your vin number? I am curious to see how close together ours are.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
IL-Tracker
That's why.........

Drives: Traded a 2011 2SS/RS A6 Blk Vert
Gave up on the vert, but I will miss it. I had my truck and boat, and with all my travel for work, the wife was left with the Camaro - but with our first grandchild on the way, she needed something much more practical and something to drive year round.

Replaced the 5th bow and water management bag in April 2012 and traded the car in November 2012, for a Subaru Forester.

Week ago Friday, traded the Tracker for the Lund. That helps ease some of the pain.

Will check in now and again -

It's been a blast, and want to wish you all the best of luck with your cars. They truly are amazing.

Mike
IL-Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Sorry Pony!!!

anyone heard from SUX2BU lately? Glad to hear the cars seem to be holding up. Its actually in the 40s today; top us and seat warmers on this morn! Was 70s tho yesterday so top down all day!

My top was replaced the first time but they didn't fix anything, so I came up with all my own fixes. Ever since if you look real hard you can tell where the rub marks used to be. I use the crap out of my car on a daily basis and it has what i consider to be normal top wear.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
pk79
Purveyor of Mirth

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/RS Convertible
Angrybird..... My production number is 129493.....yours?
pk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk79 View Post
Angrybird..... My production number is 129493.....yours?
Mine is 115896, so it looks like mine was built before yours. Maybe mine was built earlier than September. Even though the date sticker says 09/11 on it.