Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #1
REDDNOZE

Drives: 14 summit white 2SS/RS
I took the 2016 for a drive. Have you?

Went to the dealer to see 2016 Camaro interior I never liked side profile pics, I f-n LOVE the inside WOW. The trainee has nothing to do so wants me to waste his time with test drive i have nothing to do. The acceleration is WOW, the changing mode exhaust is WOWWW, the navigation is so easier to use. So I text the wife tell her to bring the SUV im trading it in (i still like my 14 cuz its the best lookin around) turn to the sales guy and say give me a white one, he's shocked takes me in office does some typing NO WHITE 2SS in stock IN TRANSIT now im kinda glad I dont like to impulse buy and I planed on buying a Jag or A7 as second car. Has anyone impulsed on a 2016 because of the new tech and mech?
REDDNOZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #2
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Im not. I really hope within the next year or so the look grows on me. The aesthetics of the car just do not do it for me. I wish I liked the car more because I know the performance is out of this world... it is just too small for me. I have wide shoulders, Im a weight lifter and my current 2014 SS the seats are perfect. Hearing how tight the interior is on the 2016 im not so sure ill be comfortable.

Maybe some aftermarket seats??? Who knows, but the 2016 SS is a beast of a car!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
5thGenerationSS

Drives: TT '14 SS
ive had a 16 as a loaner from my performance shop. i almost turned my nose up at it, however after taking possession the car looks a lot bertter in person than pictures. unfortunately the loaner i have is an automatic, but they did a great job with the transmission. both when in auto and tapshifters.

the interior is awesome, however the roof is an inch shorter on the inside and my hair brushes against it even with the seat all the way "down" which bugs me. its a great car, and im one of those guys driving a '14 saying no way im getting rid of my 5th gen.

you guys should drive one.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
I drove a black on black M6 2SS a few weeks ago. did a complete detailed write up about it but it got moved to Camaro6 for some reason. The new one is AMAZING inside. Outside doesn't do it for me. But the handling shifting power delivery was all great for a stock Camaro. The inside is almost nice enough for me to not care so much about the outside.

Couldn't personally drop 45k on it for it not being an upgrade for me in performance at the moment plus I'd wait a couple years for any unknown kinks to be found and dealt with. 45k also puts me close to C6Z C6GS and base C7 and I'd probably do one of those first.

2016 Camaro buyers won't be disappointed in their purchase though.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I would buy a base model C7 first before I bought another Camaro...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Im not. I really hope within the next year or so the look grows on me. The aesthetics of the car just do not do it for me. I wish I liked the car more because I know the performance is out of this world... it is just too small for me. I have wide shoulders, Im a weight lifter and my current 2014 SS the seats are perfect. Hearing how tight the interior is on the 2016 im not so sure ill be comfortable.

Maybe some aftermarket seats??? Who knows, but the 2016 SS is a beast of a car!
A guy who said he was out of shape and 280 said the fit wasn't a problem for him....you will be ok lol
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson View Post
A guy who said he was out of shape and 280 said the fit wasn't a problem for him....you will be ok lol
Haha I got to get in one and check it out then! I probably wont pull the trigger for a couple years though because I am just starting my build on a 14SS. So my funds are currently in that for now, but I will gladly take a test drive for the hell of it!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
It's nice I like it but I will not be buying. To spend $49k on a 2SS that I will drive maybe once a month if even that so it makes no sense to purchase a new Camaro let alone keep the one I have now.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Saw one at the dealership (SS). Had it startup and was immediately impressed. Thought of buying one then I realized if I bought it, it will only be a garage queen because I totally love my 15. However this 16 was out of this world in my own opinion and honestly; look wise it stood its ground next to a Z06, if you did not know that one cost twice as much as the other.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #10
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I went by 2 dealerships this past Sunday and both only had the V6 models. One was loaded and had a window sticker of over 41K. I'm only interested in test driving a SS. Car appeared to be smaller and it looks ok to me. Still holding off on what I think, until I have a full experience.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Haven't seen one yet, wouldn't bother driving it unless I was actually in the market for it. Still incredibly happy w/ my 5th gen.
Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #12
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I would buy a base model C7 first before I bought another Camaro...
+1 on that!!
2015 Z/28 #642 Black Bad Ass
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #13
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
It's nice I like it but I will not be buying. To spend $49k on a 2SS that I will drive maybe once a month if even that so it makes no sense to purchase a new Camaro let alone keep the one I have now.

This sums it up pretty well for me too. In our currency here in Canada it is closer to 60K for a 2SS comparable to my current cars features. I don't drive my car much either so shelling out a pile of money again is just not justified.

I would love the drivetrain it has and am warming to its appearance as time goes on. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet though.

My thoughts are that there is always going to be something newer, maybe cooler and definitely faster than my 2013 SS and that's fine. I can't afford to be chasing the bleeding edge for my ego so I'll stay put
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #14
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
As soon as my work gets one I'll drive it, hopefully I get to PDI it.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote