Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
Mach83

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
Misc Track Items - Quantums, ducts, cal bolts, wash bottle relo etc

Traded in the 1LE, have some track oriented parts etc. for sale.

Quantum style brake spindle duct kit. Could be Quantum or Lambert, not sure - I bought these from a forum member and never mounted them. Filthy - just needs cleanup. SOLD

8ft or so (will measure) 3" brake ducting still new from Summit.

Home made brake duct kit - brings air from the front of car to the wheel wells - just like the Z28 duct kit. Includes Gen 6 track deflectors - cut for the Gen 5 and ready to mount with push pins. You will need the smaller Gen 6 rotor shields - as they went with the car at trade-in. Very easy to install and effective way to get air to the back of your rotors. I can provide more pics of how they were installed. $75

Caliper bolts - 8 front and 8 rear. These are TTY bolts - great to have on hand whenever you remove the calipers, as GM calls for replacement each time they are removed. $35 for all.

Washer fluid relocation kit with airscoop. I think this is a Phastek. Never mounted - I bought second hand. The airscoop for a cold air intake will not work with the above brake ducts without some modification. (both will occupy the same physical space between lower bumper and wheel well on driver side. $75

See pics in this thread

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536227

Last edited by Mach83; 09-13-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Mach83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #2
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
Id like to see some pictures of the Brake duct items. Have a 5th Gen that I would like to get some air to.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
Mach83

Here's a link to the thread where we went over installing the Gen 6 deflectors and ducts.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505806

The deflector kit is inexpensive and includes the deflectors and smaller shields. The car was primarily street use, but with the TTY caliper bolts I just left the smaller shields on and covered up the ducts to eliminate debris shooting into the back of the rotor with the smaller shields.

In the pics you can see some white shrink wrap tape on the frame - that was there so I could quantify any interference or rubbing. That really helped me trim them, as you just don't realize how much stuff moves during suspension travel.

The ducts I have are all setup - and you'd just have to cut the ends out of the insert behind the grill (just as you'd have to do with the OEM Z28 kit) and then it's all setup for 2 included pushpins. You'd have to remove the washer bottle to run these. I never drove the car in the rain, so I just pulled it out. I had a relocation kit but never installed it. I did use one small black ziptie on the inlet side to keep them perfectly in place. Unless you knew they were there - you wouldn't notice them standing in front of the car. I did multiple trade-in quotes with the ducts and not one mention. Obviously I pulled them on trade-in day.

The 1LE underside has the scoops to channel air up into the deflectors - but it is covered by the air dam. Hence I cut the airdam and removed the center section for track days. Also not my idea - this was taken directly from the Gen 6 setup - which had a much more thorough track supplement and considerations for street/track use. On the street I'd re-install the center air dam.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
Mach83

Here's a good shot of the outlet in the wheel well. I relieved a small amount of material on the liner on the outboard side of the OEM opening to accommodate the duct outlet. It is secured with 2 push pins and 2 tie wraps.

This is the driver side - wheel well liner removed. You can see the washer bottle has been removed in this shot and it's a good perspective of where the duct runs. Some folks have done something similar using the fog light locations - but the better place to pickup cool air is in this location - just like the Z28 kit. This has been beat to death in many threads.

The NACA scoop attaches to an OEM mounting hole in the grill via push pin. I used pieces of GM plastic from splash guard mounts to fabricate the mounts.

Here's the best shot I have looking at the grill head on into the duct

Here's another shot of the 'half-moon' that should be taken out of the liner to get max flow from these ducts.

Here's the OEM plastic behind the grill - the Line denotes the cut line. The Z28 kit requires the same cut.

Here's how I made the NACA scoop mounts via template.

Here's a shot from the front side as I test fit everything.

Here's a shot from underneath. In the bottom of this frame you can see the scoop on the 1LE underside that functions to route air from under the car up into the deflectors. It is blocked by the air-dam - which I cut and simply removed the center section prior to track days.

In this shot - full droop on jack-stands - you can see the duct outlet on passenger side and the deflector. This is before they were cut by trial and error to fit our 5th gen with suspension motion. You CAN simply install these, but you will scrape up the frame edges and the deflectors on the track.

The final attached image is just another close-up while these were being fabricated.

Grab these from me and save yourself a ton of the fitment and fab work - and get some air to the backside of your rotor. Brakes are life.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mach83; 08-17-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
Mach83

Bump
Old 08-30-2018, 10:13 PM   #6
Mach83

Bump
Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #7
Mach83

To the top
Old 09-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
Mach83

Bump from ancient times
Old 09-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #9
Lol_epa

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss
pm sent on washer tank
Lol_epa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:03 PM   #10
csymes15

Drives: 2014 camaro ss 1le
bringing this back from ancient times lol
but is there any chance you still have the deflectors? or could answer questions on how much needs to be trimmed and mounting advice?
thanks
csymes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:09 AM   #11
snake309

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 1985 Iroc Camaro
pm sent
snake309 is offline   Reply With Quote