Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Growing up I was lucky enough to live in the era of 60's Muscle cars being cheap used cars. My best friend drove a Dodge Charger. Another bud, an AMC Javelin. We hung with guys with Camaros and Mustangs and the like. We trash talked each other like crazy but shared rides and always had fun and never made it personal. My love of cars and the car culture was born then. Sure there is always a jerk or two but maybe he's just insecure. Give him one free pass and try and find common ground. If he is still a jerk, he will soon be alone with his car and no one around to have fun with it. Oh, and for those that don't know me, my first car and my true love was a '69 Cougar. In my mind I'll always be a Cougar guy no matter what I drive. And if anyone ever wants to trade a Competition Orange '69 Cougar Eliminator for anything I might be driving at the time, PM me.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Growing up I was lucky enough to live in the era of 60's Muscle cars being cheap used cars. My best friend drove a Dodge Charger. Another bud, an AMC Javelin. We hung with guys with Camaros and Mustangs and the like. We trash talked each other like crazy but shared rides and always had fun and never made it personal. My love of cars and the car culture was born then. Sure there is always a jerk or two but maybe he's just insecure. Give him one free pass and try and find common ground. If he is still a jerk, he will soon be alone with his car and no one around to have fun with it. Oh, and for those that don't know me, my first car and my true love was a '69 Cougar. In my mind I'll always be a Cougar guy no matter what I drive. And if anyone ever wants to trade a Competition Orange '69 Cougar Eliminator for anything I might be driving at the time, PM me.
I guess I'm old like you because I remember all those cars and was lucky enough to own a 70 Chevelle SS and a 71 Torino GT. Cars are great it's just some of the owners that suck sometimes.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon21 View Post
Its not the cars its the drivers! I like Mustangs I like Challengers I like Camaros.
+1 A few of us in NorCal cruise with a Mustang group. They're pretty cool.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Every time i see a muscle car i always give them a thumbs up. I love muscle cars of all makes. That being said the C5 Camaro is my favorite atm.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
I like & respect both... can't you tell by now?
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
The only requirement for the cruises I am usually in is you gotta "go fast"....
Attached Images

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
The car has nothing to do with someone being an ass or not. There is good and bad in every crowd.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #22
Vaux96

Drives: 45th 2SS LS3, 05 Ram 1500 SLT
I never cared one bit about the Ford vs. Chevy stuff, or any other manufacturer for that matter. I bought a new Camaro because I liked it, and it's the only body style Camaro I have ever liked. I was more of a Trans Am guy. The new Mustangs are nice, and I love the Challengers almost as much as the new Camaro.

Manufacturer pretty much doesn't matter one bit for me.
Vaux96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #23
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I always compliment nice Mustangs. I usually say things like "Beautiful car..............for a Mustang." lol.

I'm just kidding. I give all nice car owners respect.. Even the import guys.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #24
Lemmy

Drives: 2010 GT500
I'm fine with seeing Camaros, and I see a lot of them. Rather see a Camaro than a Civic.
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote