#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2018, 10:33 PM   #71
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1 View Post
I understand about the not driving in the rain thing, however I attend an Ole Street Racers meeting once a month drove my ZL1 sun was shining. After the meeting headed home sun shining about 5 miles from home on interstate 75 cloud burst car was like it was on skates all over the place. I am definitely looking for some tires with tread to squeeze out the water and friendly during weather below 50 I live in middle Georgia.
I was actually a bit afraid driving the stock tires in the rain. Slid all over the place just like you sais. It doesn't rain all that often in LA, but when it does, I kind of don't want to die. The MPS4 was a significant improvement in every way over stock. I actually line locked and burnt out my stockers prior to installing these to make me feel better about upgrading so quickly. Glad I did!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:24 AM   #72
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
So, I have always been a Michelin fan, but I noticed when I had put a set on my older Vette that the overall width of the tire in the same exact tire size as the OEM Goodyears was quite narrower. I am curious for those of you that have swapped out to Michelins on the ZL1 using the 305 rear specifically, do they look narrower as well??

I really like the beefy rear tire look and on my Vette that was disappointing. We put them side by side, just to make sure we weren't seeing things. My installer said it was because of the construction of the tire, mostly in the sidewalls and tread pattern. For the next tire change, I ended up going to BFGs with where close to stock GYs.
The tread width on the PS4S is narrower.

Quote:
Tread width for the OEM Goodyears:
10.8" F
11.8" R
Quote:
Tread width for PS4S in the same sizes:
10.1" F
11.2" R
You could run a 295/30R20 in the front that's 11.1"

There isn't a 315/30R20 in the PS4S but they make a Porsche-specific 305/30R20 that's 11.6". I assume it's for the 911 rears.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #73
maroonpanther

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I have a 2018 Camaro 2SS A8 with a Rotofab intake, Corsa exhaust, and ported TB. With stock rims and tires i would average 4.2-4.4 0-60 time with the best time of 4.1 seconds with about 6/7 launches.
I went with the 1LE tire setup with MMR rims and have done 2 launches and got 3.8 and 3.9 0-60 times. I believe i can get even lower and i would highly recommend the new tires because the cars feels better in every way but that might have to do woth going wider.
maroonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote