Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Chemical Guys Rant

Many of you know I'm avid Adam's fanatic; however most of you don't know I have quite a collection of car care products from numerous companies.

Take a look at my whole collection:

Now that been said, one doesn't purchase all of this top dollar product if he doesn't know what he's doing. I have used a few chemical guys products in the past, but I was a product shopper; always looking for that miracle product. Well I settled on the Adam's line, after a few bad experiences at a few outfits on this crazy web, and realizing most products achieve similar results.

Until recently I have been very happy with a few products that CG offers that Adam's does not. I have used their Microfiber Rejuvenator, and Citrus Wash for years with great results. However recently after chatting with another Camaro5 member I decided I would give their product line a shot, I purchased the following:

50/50 Wax
Jetseal 109
Speedshine detail spray
All-in-One polish
Gallon Citrus wash and gloss
EZ-Creme Glaze
Synthetic detail spray
Glossworkz Shampoo
Bug and Tar remover

We're talking well over $200 in "trial" products here. Now I'll be the first to tell you, CG waxes, sealants, and shampoos are top notch products. However I had a bad experience with their detail sprays, and "All-in-One" polish. I called on numerous occasions to see if I could send the products back for a refund, no one ever answers their 24/7 customer service hotline. So I ended up leaving 2 different messages on 2 different occasions. I never received a return call to address the issues I had with their products.

Ok, no big deal, I don't expect most companies to live up to Adam's customer service standards. Its kinda of like comparing Disney's customer service to Walmart's customer service. No comparison necessary.

Well after never getting a response from CG staff, I decided to give an honest rating of their products on Autopia.org and I even posted my not-so-thrilled reviews on their website in the "customer reviews" section of the corresponding products. Well I was perusing a few products on the CG website today, and noticed none of their other products have negative remarks. So I take a look at the products I posted negative reviews about (Speed detailer, and all-in-one polish) and sure enough these shady guys deleted my reviews!

Luckily the reviews are still available on autopia.org, and now here.

Chemical Guys - Speed Wipe Instant Detailer

Chemical Guys All-in-1 Polish

Last time I do business with these shady cats! I'll use a different microfiber rejuvenator and go back to the old dawn wash to remove wax. CG doesn't make anything I can't get from someone else. Their waxes are good products but no better than Adam's, so once again its Adam's FTW!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...
Ohh Boy, I feel the heat coming my way

Well being that guy recommending the CG stuff I guess I need to chime in and defend my suggestion.

First off deleting someone review of a product is BS and is where I should look at different companies. However it won't be Zaino or Adams

Anyway as I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars into CG supplies including there $275 dollar E-zyme Natura wax and I still like a lot of there products.

With that said I agree there products are hit and miss. They also have some items that are truly better than some of Adams items.

There are a couple guys on here that are crazy about detailing there cars like Ryan, and then there are the flavor of the month people that just buy what everyone else is buying not that they are bad products but that there are better out there. I myself do not stick with one brand as each company has a item that makes them truly unique.

With GG those items include:

Citrus Wash line of soaps
Synthetic Detaling Spray and Anti-Static Spray
EZ Creme Glaze I love this stuff
All there waxes if you have the money
Grime Reaper APC
Silk Shine
Fade 2 Black

I am truly sorry for the bad taste left in your mouth especially if it was based off of my suggestions.

My only suggestion is look around at different detailing websites, different car forums, and detailing supply stores. Plus do plenty or research.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

No guns pointed at you Chris... This stuff happens, I just needed to get it out of my system.

I'll ship you whats left of this speedwipe and all in one polish if you want it... The rest of the products are useful... I just can't believe they do this kind of shady business.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
here is a good microfiber detergent:

http://www.socalshopguy.com/accessor...detergent.html

the guy sells Adam's products so you know he ain't fooling around. also note i have not used anything but woolite for my microfiber towels.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
here is a good microfiber detergent:

http://www.socalshopguy.com/accessor...detergent.html

the guy sells Adam's products so you know he ain't fooling around. also note i have not used anything but woolite for my microfiber towels.
Ryan,

Have you tried Woolite? If not I will, I'm out of microfiber detergent.

dad

ps: I'm logged in as you,cuz you used my Mac and it thinks I'm you and I'm to lazy to change it. Plus am a corvette guy anyway.

Last edited by 2LTRS; 04-29-2010 at 09:43 AM.
2LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Tecca

I would skip the woolite and use either dreft which is a baby clothes detergent or use liquid tide, no bleach and add some vinegar to the mix. The vinegar will dissolve the wax and any bleach that may be in the wash.

Don't listen to those corvette guys on there woolite, next they will tell us to use it on our leather.

If you want a actual detergent Pinnicle and Sonus have one, never used them though.

Yeah and by the way don't buy there microfibers either use stocktowelsnow.com they are the exact same thing and cheaper.

If you get a chance try using the speed wipe again but apply it like you would a liguid wax. Spray, wipe, then buff after you have done the whole car.

Ohh and Glossworkz Shampoo got a decent but short review over at detailedimage.com today.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
THE 92 Z28 GUY

Drives: 1992 CAMARO Z28
Yeah i heard about that all in one polish being garbage,i also use adams and cg, both make great products!and they BOTH have flunky products... i love cg citrus wash n gloss really good in the foam gun to!and how do you like glossworkz?and hows the stripper scent?was wanting to try that stuff out!
THE 92 Z28 GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Onereign
Detailing Addict

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
Teccboxx, what towels from stocktowelsnow.com would you recommend? How does the quality compare to Zaino or Adam's towels?

Onereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Dave2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onereign View Post
Teccboxx, what towels from stocktowelsnow.com would you recommend? How does the quality compare to Zaino or Adam's towels?
+1

Richmond (Houston), TX
Dave2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

those towels look kinda cheap and sketchy on that website

Old 04-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #11
Tecca

Quote:
those towels look kinda cheap and sketchy on that website
As do any wholesale website. If you need to hear some reviews on these run over to autopia.org and do a search. These are really hot right now.

I would suggest there Super"Blue" 3/$7 they are great.

Now with that said you have to keep in mind that there are tons of different types of microfibers towels out there. They include drying, buffing, polish removal, waterless wash, glass, interior and a few others.

Maybe I'll write up a post about different towels as I don't believe there is one towel out there that will do everything without causing some type of damage or simply waisting your money. Hence the new white Adams towels which are way over priced but are a very good polishing towel.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

if they are korean made, then good.

do not buy the cheap china made ones!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
Tecca

Quote:
if they are korean made, then good.

do not buy the cheap china made ones!
I look at this two ways. For one most Korean microber towels end up in china. The bug thing is where the microfiber is produced and the machine it is produced on. A chinese mf machine costs roughly $100,000 vs a korean machine that costs 10 times that amount. The only difference is the way it splits the fibers.

I have plenty of chinese made mf towels and use them in the engine bay, door jambs, and some other plastic parts of the car, they are my I don't care what happens to them towel.

The easiest way to find out if you have a chinese or korean made microfiber is feel them, and then trow them in the dryer. When they come out they will be a little more coarse and the edges would have curled a bit.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
Onereign
Detailing Addict

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
I'll give 'em a shot for that price. Ordered a dozen of the Super Blue. I'll post my findings after first use. I have experience with a few different brands, Zaino's Blonde and Superwhite included.

Onereign is offline   Reply With Quote