Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #15
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I towed a car from Maryland to Rhode Island with my Sonoma. It'll work but like said You'd be better off with renting a uhaul and trailer. Especially if you don't have the proper trailer brakes etc.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #16
TheBurninator

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I am redeploying from Afghanistan in the spring so I only need to move my two vehicles from Colorado to New York. So, it looks like I will be driving one and shipping the other. Thanks for all your in put!
TheBurninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
v6sonoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
I am redeploying from Afghanistan in the spring so I only need to move my two vehicles from Colorado to New York. So, it looks like I will be driving one and shipping the other. Thanks for all your in put!
Of course if you want someone to drive one back for ya.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
TheBurninator

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I mean, if you want to drive the Trailblazer I don't mind. On second thought...my girlfriend is a Rhodie Girl and I love her to death but she drives like crap so I am not sure about you RI drivers
TheBurninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
v6sonoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
I mean, if you want to drive the Trailblazer I don't mind. On second thought...my girlfriend is a Rhodie Girl and I love her to death but she drives like crap so I am not sure about you RI drivers
lol I don't blame you!

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #20
sleddog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Towing the car

Seems to work good for me. Alaska to washington without any problems.

Sled
Attached Images

sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #21
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
I have a trail also and it should work just remember your driving for 2.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
LEt me ask all those naysayers do you EVEN have a Trailblazer?

Im outta this discussion... its not the BEST but can be done & safely. PERIOD..Would I advise doing on a reg basis no... of course transporting,flying,etc are options.

the OP DID NOT ask for that.

He asked if he could tow his Camaro on a trailer safely to where his destination was. & Yes smartly he can. Would I dolly it, NO.

Best of luck.... feel free to PM if need help.
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #23
justdenny

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
There is another alternative, but it might not be doable without a return trip...I moved a partially dismantled 68 camaro INSIDE a 26 foot Budget truck...however, it had a lift gate, and as far as I know, you can't rent lift gate trucks from Budget one-way. Not sure if the new Camaro would fit inside or not, even if you could get a truck going one way. You would need a flatbed tow truck to slide it in, if it would fit. And then you'd have to figure out how to keep it locked in place. Mine had no front wheels or motor, so it didn't move around much. Probably too much work.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #24
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCR3 View Post
Seriously dude, did you bump your head? The only way I would profit off of him (since that's what you're accusing me of trying to do) is if he were to rent the truck from me going back the other direction from NY to Colorado. Not that it's any of your god damn business how my business works. Cynical jack asses like you make me want to . I'd be willing to bet you're one of those 9/11 & JFK conspiracy theory nuts too. Do you believe in Bigfoot? My only concern is that the OP get his Camaro to NY the safest way possible. Had you actually taken the time to read my entire post you would have seen that I made mention to in great detail the option of shipping his car instead of using any kind of rental equipment.
It was a JOKE.

Did you not see my "There's nothing better than getting info like this."?

If you're going to lose it over something this small, you probably need to go to the Doc to get some Zoloft...

My step-father would react the same way over a harmless joke and flip out exactly like you did. You can probably guess how much my sisters and I like him (along with their spouses and mine as well). If you do freak out over stuff so small, you should try re-evaluating your life.

Don't ignore the small good things, ignore the small bad things. Cherish the fun time with your family. There's no reason to be pissed off your entire life. You only have one life to live, why not be happy with it? When you're happy with your life, nobody can bring you down. Not somebody that's an asshole to everyone, or the person that stole your car.

Here's the part where you say, "Nice try, Doc trying to sell Zoloft".

Hopefully we can put this misunderstanding aside an have a beer in each others name.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #25
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieboy View Post
LEt me ask all those naysayers do you EVEN have a Trailblazer?

Im outta this discussion... its not the BEST but can be done & safely. PERIOD..Would I advise doing on a reg basis no... of course transporting,flying,etc are options.

the OP DID NOT ask for that.

He asked if he could tow his Camaro on a trailer safely to where his destination was. & Yes smartly he can. Would I dolly it, NO.

Best of luck.... feel free to PM if need help.
Below is a link to a post from someone who did it. His comments about almost getting sick from the bouncing pretty much sums up the rear suspension is not up to a big load like that for a long distance.

I've owned Trailblazers and Envoys, and did tow lighter loads with them - snowmobile trailers. But any heavier load and the rear end was like a bucking bronco. Way too weak springs and shocks for any type of heavy towing.

I'd do it for a real short trip. Across country? no way would I do that.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=49261
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #26
NASCR3

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS/RS/HURST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
It was a JOKE.

Did you not see my "There's nothing better than getting info like this."?

If you're going to lose it over something this small, you probably need to go to the Doc to get some Zoloft...

My step-father would react the same way over a harmless joke and flip out exactly like you did. You can probably guess how much my sisters and I like him (along with their spouses and mine as well). If you do freak out over stuff so small, you should try re-evaluating your life.

Don't ignore the small good things, ignore the small bad things. Cherish the fun time with your family. There's no reason to be pissed off your entire life. You only have one life to live, why not be happy with it? When you're happy with your life, nobody can bring you down. Not somebody that's an asshole to everyone, or the person that stole your car.

Here's the part where you say, "Nice try, Doc trying to sell Zoloft".

Hopefully we can put this misunderstanding aside an have a beer in each others name.
Ok my bad . I guess the "nice try Mr. Budget dealer" sent me in the wrong direction. Behind us it is

I will go on myself now.

That's the problem with this kind of communication. It is very hard to read the intended inflection in the keystrokes.

John

2G1FT1EW7B9128807

Ordered: 8/6/2010
1100: 8/6/2010
2000: 8/23/2010
2051: 8/10/2010
2500: 8/24/2010
3000: 8/25/2010
3100: 9/8/2010
3300: 9/8/2010
3400: 9/11/2010
3800: 10/4/2010